• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd be a bit disappointed if the chorus kids worked with the other two only coming out on certain attacks- Yet, the notion of the thre of them at least all being there is at least a fit.
Plus it works with that leak of the Guy walking around. That leak that is just dismissed when I post it but which I think looks like a legitimate video (or perhaps am just that/too hopeful).
Hmm.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Also...Here's my Moveset Ideas for Chorus Kids/Marshall. All Moves are from the Games.
Try to Figure them out .
View attachment 18918
That's really cool.. Very creative ideas. :O
I saw Lockstep as F-tilt, Nightwalk as dash attack, Karate Man as down-B, Glee Club as B, See-saw as up-B, Tambourine as side-B.. and of course, that awesome Karate Joe final smash..

Keep up the amazing work, I really loved your trailer for them too.. all of it makes me REALLY want to see the Chorus Kids and how their moveset will end up in Smash 4!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Also...Here's my Moveset Ideas for Chorus Kids/Marshall. All Moves are from the Games.
Try to Figure them out .
View attachment 18918
So off the top of my head
Entrance: Night Walk
Jab: Space Dancers
F-Tilt: Lockstep
U-Tilt: ?
D-Tilt: Crop Stomp
F-Smash: That one bonus game from DS. Forgot the name...
U-Smash: Clapping Trio
D-Smash: Tap Dance
Dash attack: Night Walk
NAir: DJ School (?)
FAir: Ninja (?)
BAir: Air Rally
DAir: Fork Lifter
UAir: Cheer Readers
Neutral Special: Glee Club
Side B: Toss Boys (?)
Down B: Karate Man
Up B: See-Saw
Final Smash: Karate Man

I like it!

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
So off the top of my head
Entrance: Night Walk
Jab: Space Dancers
F-Tilt: Lockstep
U-Tilt: ?
D-Tilt: Crop Stomp
F-Smash: That one bonus game from DS. Forgot the name...
U-Smash: Clapping Trio
D-Smash: Tap Dance
Dash attack: Night Walk
NAir: DJ School (?)
FAir: Ninja (?)
BAir: Air Rally
DAir: Fork Lifter
UAir: Cheer Readers
Neutral Special: Glee Club
Side B: Toss Boys (?)
Down B: Karate Man
Up B: See-Saw
Final Smash: Karate Man

I like it!
Good Eye :p
U-Tilt is from Toss Boys.
FAir: He shoots one of those Built to Scale Things.
Side B: is Tambourine, I feel it'll work kinda like Marth's Side B.

Finished Game & Wario.

Saw Chorus Kids in the credits.

Wario + Chorus Kids reveal would be fitting now that I think of it, especially with that fan video.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thanks Everyone! I'm glad you liked the "trailer" :p

And I think if there were a gameplay part of the trailer, the song that would play would be Lonely Storm (Karate Man's Theme from Rhythm Heaven Fever) I have a feeling he'd be a Final Smash summon for the Trio/Marshall
Obligatory:

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Try to Figure them out .
View attachment 18918
Great job!!
I just hope in the real thing there is more emphasis to the 'Chorus Kids', but I guess if Marshall happens to be the one in, this could work reaallly well. Anyway, awesome work!

The neutral B should be a charge attack that builds up to 'Together Now!' as the strongest one. Something like that! :)

Last edited:

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice

Here's another support drawing I posted on Miiverse. Kimmot Man, I hope you don't mind that I used the clapping Chorus Kid image from your epic faux-reveal video. Excellent animations on the video and the moveset GIF.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Not much activity....

Do you think theres a chance it would be Marshal instead of the kids?
There's a chance, but I definitely hope it's the Kids and not boring ol' Marshal.

It'd be strange to switch the Kids into Marshal during development, but I suppose it's possible.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
A Rhythm Tengoku stage? A Rhythm Tengoku Smash Run enemy?

Just seems weird they'd pick out all the Japan-only stuff.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i believe it was debunked something about one of the stages has its english name while the others have their japanesse
While one of the stages did have it's English name, that doesn't debunk the leak. There have been random switches like that in previous smash game files, somewhat randomly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While one of the stages did have it's English name, that doesn't debunk the leak. There have been random switches like that in previous smash game files, somewhat randomly.
still gonna take it with a fair bit of salt if only because of the face raiders stage (which i what i assume faceshoot is) which it think is very unlikely

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
still gonna take it with a fair bit of salt if only because of the face raiders stage (which i what i assume faceshoot is) which it think is very unlikely
I mean it's a leak. 99% of leaks are fake. It's just interesting that this got a stage correct. Probably a lucky guess, but interesting enough to keep my eye on.

Plus I would freaking love that list of melee stages haha

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean it's a leak. 99% of leaks are fake. It's just interesting that this got a stage correct. Probably a lucky guess, but interesting enough to keep my eye on.

Plus I would freaking love that list of melee stages haha
fair enough i guess

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
I can't help but doubt that leak, mainly due to the reasons presented by the original poster, but I certainly wouldn't mind it. Plus, if Chorus Men are in, then the heavy Tengoku representation on 3ds makes sense. 3ds reps Tengoku, WiiU reps Fever, and Chorus Men rep Rhythm Heaven on both consoles!

Also, if we get a character from the SDCC, I have an inkling it will be Chorus Men. I mean, it falls in the middle of every game's anniversary. The Smash presence at SDCC doesn't seem to be as hyped up as previous Smash events (Making it perfect for the reveal of a surprise non-big ticket character), and I just really want this to be the case.

I doubt it will happen, but I can dream, right?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'd be pleasantly surprised if they made it into the game! They've already got a good Sneaky Spirit cameo, and the music in Rhythm Heaven should deserve a place in the Smash Bros soundtrack!

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
As much as I would like the reveal of these guys to be similar to my fan-trailer, I predict that we're going to get a trailer at Comic Con with not just Wario, but maybe Lucas and the Ice Climbers as well.

Each can relate to the Chorus Kids.
Ice Climbers- Multi-character
Lucas- has Rhythm style game-play in his games (plus the Mother Anniversary is this weekend)
Wario- their franchises are developed by the same people.

This way, we'd get more veterans revealed. Sure hope that's the case!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As much as I would like the reveal of these guys to be similar to my fan-trailer, I predict that we're going to get a trailer at Comic Con with not just Wario, but maybe Lucas and the Ice Climbers as well.

Lucas- has Rhythm style game-play in his games (plus the Mother Anniversary is this weekend)

I'd love for any of these to happen (so long as Lucas isn't shown until after Ness so I don't have a heart attack. :p )

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I full-heartedly support this idea! The WarioWare games, Earthbound/Mother and Rhythm Heaven all share the same thing, loveable weirdness, so announcing them at the same time would be great!

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I'm not sure if this is hinting anything, but a Wario Section is being featured on the 3DS EShop this week, and it does list Smash Bros as a Title he's featured in...Could be foreshadowing a reveal soon? You gotta reveal a Rhythm Heaven Rep with the guy, it would make the most sense. haha

Last edited:

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, I agree. Chorus kids + Wario reveal seems very likely to me at least. As a result of the recent Wario leak on the Nintendo eShop many people are thinking that he might be revealed some time during Comic Con, so we might just see Chorus kids "beat the beat" sooner than expected!

Edit: Dang it, KimmotMan! I was like 1 second behind lol.

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Haha sorry, Also to add to the Wario bit...Since it's Comic-Con...they should reveal WARIO-MAN, to fit the whole comic-book feel. :p Just a thought

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
While the Wario thing can be a mistake, it also could be leading to something...if we don't see him tonight, the tournament is pretty much the only bet. There has to be a reason they took this long after all.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wario was leaked?
...IN THE ESHOP?
Silly Sakurai, you let your own company leak a Character.
@ JabbatheHutt JabbatheHutt #WarioWridays #WarioWondays

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
YES, and hopefully the Chrous Kids follow, Im hoping they are really in! Be really cool!
#WarioWridays

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
May I assume that the days after that will be "#Chorusaturday", "#Chorusunday", #Rhythmonday", and so-on?
Going off of this,

ChoruSunday
RhythMonday
TrebleTuesday
WailingWednesday
TrebleThursday
ForteFriday
ChoruSaturday

Gotta cover all the bases (or "basses," hehe) right? ;)

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I just got Rhythm Heaven Fever and it's fantastic! I originally wanted to get Rhythm Heaven DS but none of the Gamestops near me had a copy but it's still just as good. Monkey Clock makes me want to explode though.

I really hope they're released at Comic-Con.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Going off of this,

ChoruSunday
RhythMonday
TrebleTuesday
WailingWednesday
TrebleThursday
ForteFriday
ChoruSaturday

Gotta cover all the bases (or "basses," hehe) right? ;)
TuneTuesday

Also, that fanmade trailer looks really cool and has convinced me. At first I was a bit skeptical, but now I want the Chorus Kids in.

Just a question, if there are 3 Chorus Kids for each player, and if every player chose the Chorus Kids, how would the 3DS handle that? I'm just a bit curious. Because I know they had difficulties with the dual-character programming before, but that got fixed as far as I'm aware.

Top Bottom