• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chilean Threats at Brazil!

A couple of months ago, a group of Chilean TOs traveled to a tournament in Brazil, called The Wavedashers 3. These players gave a fight to the locals, taking some high places in their ranking.

The delegation of players consisted of Bou (Top 10 in Melee), KLG|Alen (Top 3 in Project M and Top 8 in Melee), and KLG|Nyx, (First Place in Project M). The two latter are member of the Kaos Latin Gamers crew.

In the side of Project M, Nyx took the first spot in an epic Grand Finals set after an amazing run through the brackets without dropping a set.

And in Melee Doubles, Bou and Alen almost took the title from the local leaders, Aisengobay and Quip.

These foreign threats did not leave without a fight, as you can see.They showed amazing skill, even dethroning local players. This trip was mainly done to demonstrate Chilean power and to reinforce the relationship within these two communities, as a Brazilian delegation also traveled to Chile last year.

---​

What do you think? How do you see this relationship? You can watch most of the Project M tournament matches here, and follow KLG|Nyx, the winner of The Wavedashers 3 PM here.

Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

I kinda have a small desire to really start practicing my Melee Samus and join the scene, but I'm not much of an outgoing nor social person, so that is not happening....
Is there even a noticeable Samus player in Brazil? Or is everybody too focused on the big 4 for that?

I kinda have a small desire to really start practicing my Melee Samus and join the scene, but I'm not much of an outgoing nor social person, so that is not happening....
Is there even a noticeable Samus player in Brazil? Or is everybody too focused on the big 4 for that?
Godzrage mains Samus in Melee.
Why don't you join the community? We're, in general, very welcoming! Being shy in the beginning is normal. I was very unsociable when I joined the scene, too. It happens, and you won't let it go away if you don't (at least try to) attend some stuff. If you want, why not? http://1upsmash.com/site/ -> visit this. It's the Brazilian Smash site!

You can check Godzrage, Yost and Luke_Leal =D

Sup guys, Nyx here! I will be attending to The Big Balcony next week so stay tuned, maybe I will be able to take some names, who knows :X

Thanks for the answers, guys, I will check those players!
But about joining the scene, sorry, that is not my thing.... maybe some day? But I don't see it happening anytime soon, it's just really not my kind of thing.

Go smashers around the globe, I'm from Chile and here are a lot of good players waiting for support and possibilities.
In Chile isn't an attractive thing the e-sport yet.
Thanks for this kind of news :).

Was I tho only one that thought there was some outbreak of violence in Brazil based off the title of the article?

Top Bottom