• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Matchup Discussion - Little Mac

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Since no one has commented...

We win, but its a matchup where we can very easily lose if we mess up.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's not as simple as getting him off stage and such, but Flame Thrower getting a good hit can end a stock against him.

Rock Smash is not as useful here as other MUs, I've seen Little Mac hold jab against it and still get the final hit off due to his own super armor.

Don't be afraid of shielding and spacing aerials, just know where his super armor is and what to do against it, Jab, Fsmash, Usmash, UpB(I think). Do know that he has a lot of moves safe on block and knowing how to land and pressure him off stage are key here.

Dtilt is amazing here due to the angle it will send him if it connect and is somewhat safe to use in neutral against him.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
According to Kuroganehammer, his super armor moves are fsmash, dsmash, usmash, and ko punch. All of his specials have similar properties (Up b and counter has intangibility, side b partial intangibility, and straight lunge has heavy armor). I doubt jab has armor but the site has a blank space for the rapid jab, so idk.
It's not as simple as getting him off stage and such, but Flame Thrower getting a good hit can end a stock against him.

Rock Smash is not as useful here as other MUs, I've seen Little Mac hold jab against it and still get the final hit off due to his own super armor.

Don't be afraid of shielding and spacing aerials, just know where his super armor is and what to do against it, Jab, Fsmash, Usmash, UpB(I think). Do know that he has a lot of moves safe on block and knowing how to land and pressure him off stage are key here.

Dtilt is amazing here due to the angle it will send him if it connect and is somewhat safe to use in neutral against him.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
According to Kuroganehammer, his super armor moves are fsmash, dsmash, usmash, and ko punch. All of his specials have similar properties (Up b and counter has intangibility, side b partial intangibility, and straight lunge has heavy armor). I doubt jab has armor but the site has a blank space for the rapid jab.
I've had a little mac jab through Rock Smash and punish me if I recall from a while back.

Might need to double check that but pretty sure something wonky with that.

Still good to note.

Top Bottom