• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Stages that we could have?

Phenandara Drifts, Fountain of Dreams from Melee, and pretty much anything for the 3DS version that isn't brown stone buildings, grassy plains, pixelated, casual, or the characters inserted into a utility app.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My stages are still this

:4bowser::4bowserjr:- Bowser's Castle
:4drmario: - Dr. Mario
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4dk::4yoshi::4wario2: - Mario Party
:4wario: - Wario's Gold Mine
:4dk::4diddy: - Punch Bowl
:4kirby: - Clay Dreamland
:4duckhunt: - Wild Gunman
:4fox: - Great Fox Hanger
Mysterious Musarama Castle
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: - Pokemon Coliseum
:4marth: - Akenia Kingdom
:4samus: - Neo Zebes (both on 3DS and Wii U)
:4pacman: - Pac-Man's Park

Classic Stages
64:
Hyrule Castle
Sector Z
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland (3DS)

Melee:
Mute City
Pokemon Stadium
Great Bay
Brinstar Depths
Rainbow Cruise (3DS)

Brawl:
:pirateship::npc:
:rumblefalls:
Mario Bros. (3DS)

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
You guys know we have a Stage thread, right?

Anyway, might as well join in.

I want Pirate Ship back in the graphical style of WWHD, and New Pork City for 8-player Smash.

I think a Bramble stage would be good for DK, Chemical Plant or Sky Sanctuary for Sonic, Bowser's Castle is a given.

Other stages I'd like are:
Mute City (The AMAZING Melee version, not the pixel one)
Hyrule Castle 64
Fourside
Suzaki Castle (for Ryu)
Excitebike
NES Remix

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gerudo Desert?

The home of his people from his debut game? Features his surrogate mothers as a stage hazard?
Inb4 it doesn't count because it's 3DS exclusive......

I wouldn't mind seeing Death Mountain though. Which has.... kinda become more of a Goron location but still...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Frankly I'd like to see Ganon's Tower.

But yeah, there's something I would like to ask: Why are we discussing stages is the Official CHARACTER Thread?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Frankly I'd like to see Ganon's Tower.

But yeah, there's something I would like to ask: Why are we discussing stages is the Official CHARACTER Thread?
Because namely its stages that would help compliment characters in the feeling of the series inside of Smash.

Also because news of actual characters comes in bursts and in the duldrums tangents spurt out. At least this one is still about Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can understand not wanting anymore Xenoblade characters. The series is new and we have quite a few unrepped or underepped series with characters that I would personally rather see get in first, after all.

But as far as stages go?

Seriously guys, Xenoblade has such amazing locals and music! I'd love to see Sword Valley, Mechonis Core, Prison Island, Eryth Sea or even Colony 6.

My personal choice for a Xenoblade stage has always been Junks (the air ship featured in the video below,) though.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Question: Would you prefer Bowser World from Super Mario 3D World or Bowser's Castle as a new stage.
Personally, I'm still puzzled that Bowser's Castle hasn't been a stage yet. Unless you count that god awful Paper Mario transition.

Peach had her Castle in Melee which was nice and iconic. I don't see why Bowser can't have his which is also iconic.

Also, just think about the various music tracks they could choose from. plz

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm fine with the level selection for most series. I do kind of wish that we had more variation in Metroid stages, though. Most everything right now is either lava or acid (Frigate Orpheon, and to a lesser extent Pyrosphere and Brinstar Depths, are the only ones that don't feature lava/acid.) Same thing with Donkey Kong stages and jungles.

I also agree with everyone here that Bowser's Castle is long over due as a Smash stage.

Here's an actual character related question.... who can Nintendo add to give the final stage of the Wii U All Star mode some more characters?

The characters debut would have to be pre-1985, which leaves few option. Ice Climbers came out in January of '85, so they might be able to sneak in. Excite Bike and Balloon Fight were both released in '84, so they're good.

The only big third party I can think of is Bomberman, who debuted in '83.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm fine with the level selection for most series. I do kind of wish that we had more variation in Metroid stages, though. Most everything right now is either lava or acid (Frigate Orpheon, and to a lesser extent Pyrosphere and Brinstar Depths, are the only ones that don't feature lava/acid.) Same thing with Donkey Kong stages and jungles.

I also agree with everyone here that Bowser's Castle is long over due as a Smash stage.

Here's an actual character related question.... who can Nintendo add to give the final stage of the Wii U All Star mode some more characters?

The characters debut would have to be pre-1985, which leaves few option. Ice Climbers came out in January of '85, so they might be able to sneak in. Excite Bike and Balloon Fight were both released in '84, so they're good.

EAAARLY NES and Arcade are really my only ideas.

Street Fighter is going to be 87.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
EAAARLY NES and Arcade are really my only ideas.

Street Fighter is going to be 87.
That particular section of All Star bother's me because they only have 6 fighters, while every other section has 7 or 8.

More reason to support Bomberman I suppose!

(Sheriff would also work here, if he weren't an assist. Donkey Kong Jr. as well.)

Burruni

Smash Hero
That particular section of All Star bother's me because they only have 6 fighters, while every other section has 7 or 8.

More reason to support Bomberman I suppose!

(Sheriff would also work here, if he weren't an assist. Donkey Kong Jr. as well.)
....Even my "want but won't happen" Retro character is 87.

Dangit, Donbe & Hikari!

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

The second that the team can figure out how to make the Ice Climbers work on the 3DS, they're in.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The second that the team can figure out how to make the Ice Climbers work on the 3DS, they're in.
The question is: Are they working on it?

I mean... if you wanna call some Sakurai Bias, these two were a pair he hand-picked for Melee to embody the tag-team mechanic and is one of the most unique playing fighters in all of Smash.

The fact that his team hit a wall and couldn't overcome it for them in the main time of development, how much do you think is being spent to still figure it out... and how likely is it that they're going to find a solution?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I mean... if you wanna call some Sakurai Bias, these two were a pair he hand-picked for Melee to embody the tag-team mechanic and is one of the most unique playing fighters in all of Smash.

The fact that his team hit a wall and couldn't overcome it for them in the main time of development, how much do you think is being spent to still figure it out... and how likely is it that they're going to find a solution?
I'd argue Kirby is the most unique character because soul devouring, but if Sakurai decides to try to make them work, I feel like the budget will keep running out as DLC has a much lower budget than the game itself

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
....Even my "want but won't happen" Retro character is 87.

Dangit, Donbe & Hikari!
To be fair, the pre-1985 club is pretty exclusive.

That's only IF they can figure them out. I want the Icies to get back in, but technical limitations are technical limitations. I do not believe that Sakurai will do a solo Popo or anything like that. If he was going to do that it would already be done.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'VE GOT IT!

A historically-important character whose first video game title dates back to 1983 on the Genesis but has had a number of titles on Nintendo

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Yeah we don't know if they're working on it or not. I'd imagine they have it as a minor side project but not their main goal.
RabbidLuigi used Bomberman in his latest countdown. Yeah, he should be in smash as a third party. Or better yet, Nintendo buys Bomberman rights and he'd be a first party character!
I hope they do that. It probably won't happen though.

And by the way we'll probably get Bowser's Castle as a stage whenever he get his own game where he's the protagonist and needs to save Mario and Luigi from a new villain. Yeah I know we all want it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Excitebike, please! :D
Only retro character I care about at this point.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'VE GOT IT!

A historically-important character whose first video game title dates back to 1983 on the Genesis but has had a number of titles on Nintendo

One of my earlier ideas was including

as like a pokemon trainer for Jigglypuff

Like the whole stay in the background as provide vocal support shtick

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The Tower of Guidance is a decent idea for a location, but I have my doubts it would be included this late. Greil's Retreat might not be a bad option, either.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I think Kraid would be a good fit, smaller than ridley, iconic and can turn into mini kraid for a fs

I wanna see mario bros return a casual stage gco 2 etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom