• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grab percentages

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
Since reading BluEG's "Everywhere at once" guide (I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already) there are several things I've been implementing in my play much more. One of these things in chain grabbing.

I was thinking it would be amazing if we put together a guide that shows what percentages chain grabs are possible to begin and and what percent they end. It would include this for every character that Luigi has a chain grab on and it would include both up thrown and down throw chain grabs.

I like this idea enough that I want to start testing to get the info necessary to develop such a guide. With this said I want to know who else would be interesting and working on this project. For those who are interested, the question we must discuss is this: how best to do this testing? Obviously DI is a factor in how a chain grab goes and if it is possible to continue at any given moment so training mode can only get us results for when no DI is input. I feel that training mode is a start for the testing but we'd have to determine the practicality of everything in a real game with DI involved. This would be a decent bit of work but if we can get a small team together for it, I think it would be a resource well worth the effort it would take to develop.

Top Bottom