• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO Project M Announcement Speculation

Marthmario

Smash Lord
At CEO in Orlando, Florida Project M will be announcing something. The dates of this tourney are June 27-29th. So what would the PMBR be announcing?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We're announcing something? News to me. Got a source?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The rules are simple, 16 smashers will be randomly placed into 4 4 player free for alls with one winner advancing out of each to create a final four match. 5 Stock with only Smash Balls turned on Medium. Final 4 will face off with a very special surprise to be showcased during the event. All of this takes place on the fully customized CEO PM Stage.
I think the bolded is what he's referring to. I dunno where he got the idea of an announcement though.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
They're having a vote-in invitational tournament.

My soft reads on the situation: Only PMBR members are going to make it into the tournament, cuz they're active in the community. After grand finals, the winner must fight a new challenger! It's a lvl 9 Bowser, oh no! But surely Bowser is defeated! No! Something is happening! Something . . . UNEXPECTED! But the game crashes. They later figure out that the files were too big. They don't even know or remember what it was supposed to be, as the memory was too large for them to process.

That's right, guys! The Giga-Bowser Megazord CRASHES into PM!

It should be noted that PM version 3.0XX no longer supports nintendo products and must be run on the iQue Player.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
The CEO Boxing ring stage is a BAD idea. There are already rumors of nintendo thinking of shutting PM down. antagonizing them by putting in a copy of one of their new stages is just asking for trouble. Please for the love of PM don't do it. PM is one of the reasons I got into competitive smash. I don't want to see it shut down.

Celestis

Smash Ace
The CEO Boxing ring stage is a BAD idea. There are already rumors of nintendo thinking of shutting PM down. antagonizing them by putting in a copy of one of their new stages is just asking for trouble. Please for the love of PM don't do it. PM is one of the reasons I got into competitive smash. I don't want to see it shut down.
Rumors are rumors. If Nintendo was going to do it, they would just do it. Does not take a lot of effort from them. There is no need for them to be talking about it and letting a rumor about it leak. It's just nervous people spreading a rumor is all.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Rumors are rumors. If Nintendo was going to do it, they would just do it. Does not take a lot of effort from them. There is no need for them to be talking about it and letting a rumor about it leak. It's just nervous people spreading a rumor is all.
even so why antagonize them and give them a reason? Using a stage like one of their new ones is asking for trouble.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
even so why antagonize them and give them a reason? Using a stage like one of their new ones is asking for trouble.
If they were going to do something, they probably would have already. You'd have thought if using stuff from Smash 4 or similar to Smash 4 in any capacity were a reason to force a C&D, the Dr. Wily's Castle stage mod (Not officially associated with Project M) and Skyloft stage would have caught their eyes.

I think they'd need to make a larger C&D to the entire brawl hacking community, and that would be way more trouble than it's really worth, since it wouldn't likely achieve the desired effect.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Also PM is boosting Brawl sellings and most will buy Smash 4 either way and those who don't probably would have kept on playing Melee otherwise. I don't think PM is doing any damage to them it just boosts the Smash community as a whole.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
He said it on his stream last night after everyone thought he would be coming out with a "big announcement".

Pretty much, it was just his summary of his time with Nintendo at E3 and the invitational. In regards to Nintendo and PM, he said they know about it and are "intrigued" by what we've done but wont get involved with it. On the plus side, it seems they wont do anything to stop us either.

Ill edit my post with a link of a summary once I find it.

EDIT: Heres a summary of the stream.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/283ctt/summary_from_progs_

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lets think outside the box...what current limitations does project m have?

I'm thinking that they've incorporated the brawl ex clone engine into pm, and found a way to clone sounds (instead of replacing boss sounds), so they can make more than 5 more characters, but at the same time they are going to show off a new character on the 27th too.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I'm using the new CEO boxing ring to fuel my hopes for a professional stage expansion. But I'm like 100% sure they won't show a new character or anything like that.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I really don't see the brawlex clone engine being added to PM. It's already compatible, but increases load times like crazy. Plus other issues.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I want to see any of the following:

-A newcomer
-More stages
-New CSPs
-New Stock icons

Spinjump

Smash Apprentice
I don't see it o.o
Link please?
Pretty sure he means he bought Brawl and an SD card twice, specifically for PM. And I think it's more common than you give it credit for. 2 of my friends have each bought a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and an SD card specifically for PM in the past 3 months.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I bought a new Wii because my old one was breaking down and I needed to play 3.0

Top Bottom