• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Tavo to Apex Donations: How much will Clubba pay? ($139)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Decided to make my own thread so its easy for me to keep track of everything.

As I said in the other thread, I have personally guaranteed Captain Tavo will be reimbursed for his expenditures to Apex. The amount we seemed to think would be appropriate would be about $700, so lets aim for that. As of now, I am pledging $700 to Captain Tavo so that he knows he has guaranteed money when he gets here and won't have to fret about whether or not to book a ticket. I am hoping for people in this community to donate a little money back to me so that I don't actually take the full hit myself, and that's what this thread is for. Post here if you wish to donate and will be able to give me the money in person at Apex (I don't really wanna deal with Paypal), and I'll keep track of everything.

JimmyJoe I counted your $50. If you were serious about only donating if Hyrule is unbanned let me know and I'll remove your donation. For others with conditional donations like he has to play you or tournament stage selection, I think it would be best to just straight up donate, just my opinion. I would hope Captain Tavo would be gracious enough to play with anyone who donated to him.

Oh and to people in contact with Tavo, tell him not to worry if his needs go a bit over this estimated $700, thought obviously it would be appreciated if he keep his travel costs as low as possible by finding cheap flights.

Oh and if madrush can swing a buddy pass somehow then that for sure is best :)

Grand Total: $700
Star King: $30
JimmyJoe: $50
Fireblaster: $10
rustyw: $75
banze: $20
bowl: $20
breakthrough: $20
Shears: $50
Stranded (#1 Falcon Main): $25
greginator: $51
KeroKeroppi: $20
Tom Bombadil: $10
Weedwack: $20
Maliki: $20
Sedda: $50
Koro: $50
Mr Marbles: $20
Combo Blaze: $20

Remaining Clubba tab: $139

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Let me see if I can get some money next month to donate, we should somehow be listed as a sponsor for him or something at Apex, show how awesome us people on the 64 boards are. ;)

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
I'll donate a minimum of $20. As Apex gets closer I'll consider more, but at the moment I'm hurting on money so I'll only pledge $20 as of right now.

Also, welcome to the boards bowl. Hopefully you stick around and check out online play :) Where do you live?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Got a donation from Standed (#1 falcon main) of $25, but he won't make an account lol.

And thanks guys! I'm going to try and get in touch with Tavo and Co. soon to get this all worked out

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Actually, speak to Dexter. Mariguas knows almost no English either.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
that would be okay. I think I'll have to deal with something like that anyway to send tavo the money. PM me if you want to set something up like that

bowl

Smash Cadet
Haven't met you before. Thanks for the donation! Just to be sure, you are going to be at Apex?
Can't say for sure just yet... but if you do open up a paypal I can donate just to be certain that you get that money.

I'll donate a minimum of $20. As Apex gets closer I'll consider more, but at the moment I'm hurting on money so I'll only pledge $20 as of right now.

Also, welcome to the boards bowl. Hopefully you stick around and check out online play :) Where do you live?
Austin, TX. Met rustyw recently and we went to WHOBO. Got me more involved now.
Never got online working consistently, but if people are willing to play me I could.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I'm still down to give Tavo $10 at least, especially if he would be kind enough to play a match with me

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If I am paid as much as I think I am at this new job (yes I got a job wheeeee,) I'll pay 50 bucks or somethin' similar.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'll throw down.

#WishICouldDonateMore
#TheStruggleOfABrokeUnemployedCollegeStudent
I printed this just to see if it would work, and I managed to buy myself a SLIM JIM. Thanks for introducing me to the life of crime, Kero.

I am now a gangster.

Maliki

Smash Ace
I printed this just to see if it would work, and I managed to buy myself a SLIM JIM. Thanks for introducing me to the life of crime, Kero.

I am now a gangster.
Dude you're such a G using fake money teach me please

clubbadubba

Smash Master
You guys are awesome! Don't really need any more to cover him, I can handle the remaining sum. If anyone feels the need to donate go ahead, but its not necessary anymore. Waiting on tavo to get his visa I think then I can get him the money and he can book his flight to apex!

Maliki

Smash Ace
Wow I'm really impressed that everyone pulled this off good job everyone and thank you for getting tavo to apex. Also a big shout out to clubba for putting this together for us!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Nah I won't let myself go under $100 in personal donation.

I'm gonna be walking around apex with a LOT of cash though. Mostly Jackson's. Gonna be a lot of $20 MM's in my future.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You guys are awesome! Don't really need any more to cover him, I can handle the remaining sum. If anyone feels the need to donate go ahead, but its not necessary anymore. Waiting on tavo to get his visa I think then I can get him the money and he can book his flight to apex!

i wouldn't count on this until you have the money in hand ...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i know almost all of the people who pledged donations and I trust them. I am collecting cash from most people at apex, paypal possibly from a few people, but hey worst case scenario i'm down $700.

Top Bottom