• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Hmmm not good enough.

What to write...

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
oh snap...i've got to add that to my guide also..

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
i'm just a smash64 noob, but ifi can help in any way whatsoever i'll try. (only recently got project64k, haha)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
For everything relating to Captain Falcon. I'll start:

Why can you falcon kick from the lowest platform on Hyrule over to the top of the tent but you can't falcon kick back?

I said it before but I'm dubious as to how long these threads in this board will remain active. People making guides on characters would help a lot though.
Pretty sure it's because the lowest platform on Hyrule is higher than the top of the tent.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
all i know about falcon is that he is the most boring character to play and watch

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol, i gota real question, at what %s can you Fthrow into Falcon Punch for each char? (if it's possible for each)

I know FireBlaster used to **** my pika with FP...it was annoying D:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I really sux at f-throw -> fpunch and i find it boring anyway, i enjoy more doing uairs to up+b lmao

L1ON

Smash Apprentice
I like f-throw to falcon punch, but I'm actually impressed by uair to falcon punch... dunno why it just looks so cool.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Really...hmm i must have something im my head then...i Remember FireBlaster getting my in a Fthrow...and ending with a FP ...and me dead...i thought it was just Fthrow--FP...maybe there is a Uair in the middle lol

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
If he wants it to be, then he can remake the thread with the guide in the first post...and i will merge all the posts from this thread, into that one :)

I want each of these sections to have a guide in the OP when this is in full force...i'll merge in all posts so discussions on the chars are not lost though (the person writing the guide will be the one to have the OP...only makes sense so they can edit it as discussions may develop the guide)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
if anyone has questions about falcon or plan to make a guide or something, please contact me. My contacts are in my profile.

Olikus

Smash Champion
if anyone has questions about falcon or plan to make a guide or something, please contact me. My contacts are in my profile.
Yeah you should really write or add something to a guide, if you have time to do it.

D

Deleted member

To be one of the best players of 64 pick Falcon, run in up-smash, up-air 6 times and up-b

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
To be one of the best players of 64 pick Falcon, run in up-smash, up-air 6 times and up-b
lol oh my...why does THIS bring back memories of an awful debate...

anyways its like i said in the past, you use bread and butter when it works because which so much of a difference in DI and such online, if you TRULY want to be consistent, Usmash and Uairx6 = legit

Nixxxon said something of the sort a while back too...yuck... do what works johnz r failz xD

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Falcon is one of the easiest chars in general, I will never consider a good player someone who all he does is grab/usmash->uairs->up+b combo with falcon... and Im falcon main...
To show that you are a good player, pick some char that has actually some difficulty in pulling off combos

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Doesn't work on pika or kirby. Doubt it works on ness, but his jump is slower so I'm not 100% sure
Relevant! Sorta

30 seconds in.

[yt]sPdZapZj4iw[/yt]

Also, what's the code for embedding Youtube videos? I tried wrapping the video ID (after the = sign) in [youtube] quotes as its normally done on other forums, but... no cigar.

EDIT: Ohhhh.. it's just [yt]

rpotts

Smash Lord
^^, yea ness was clearly out of hitstun, maybe at slightly lower damages its possible. Funny clip none the less.

This accidentally happened to me the other day and made me think. I was dashing towards a ledge to edgecancel falcon kick (after high damage fair). I ran slightly off and falcon kicked downwards, directly hitting the cpu, but he was out of hitstun. Are there any combos that connect fair -> aerial falcon kick? preferably off a ledge/dropzone.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Ness is slow in the air so it probably works.

Also rpotts you should have taunt canceled. It slows your momentum so you won't go off the edge :laugh:

I couldn't get aerial falcon kick to combo from fair in training mode. I only tried for a few minutes though.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lmao near, srsly that **** pisses me off sometimes. I assume im spaced perfect then....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder how far Falcon can actually "dive" with that attack... like i know pressing in the direction you want to "poof" into helps dramatically, but whats the technical data? :o

I posted this here because the rage pic thread isnt the right place for it...but i still wanna know xD

(we are talking about trying to edge guard falcon...but somehow he gets sucked into you with his UpB, sometimes seemly going through your attack D: )

dandan

Smash Lord
if i am not mistkaen, at least that is what it feels like to me, you sort of di the upb into the opponent, and it takes priority, that is why if you smash or something, you should always make sure to hit with the edge of the attack or use an attack that di will not help much (like spikes or something like ness's yoyo)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Disjointed hitboxes i assume you mean :p

i understand the concept of it but i wonder how far can you actually "move" in the time between the UpB, the DIing into the foe...and being latched to the foe...

**** thats hard to explain xD

rpotts

Smash Lord
what?

attacking players can't DI. :confused: in fact, there's no DI for falcon's upb, cause it's a grab.

The grabbox is simply pretty large and extends out in front of his chest (like his regular grab) and once it crosses the opponents hurtbox, he latches on. Sometimes it seems to pull people off the stage and the bounce them off the side of the stage when upb'in into the ledge.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
My impression is that Falcon's up+b works like a magnet.
Once you "direct" the hitbox into the opponents hurtbox (no matter what the opponent is doing) then Falcon gets "attached". Its funny how the up+ also works on the floor at some distance! up+b then immediately press forwards direction. I proposed to tas-ers to investigate this move some ago, its rather special

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've had that done on me before as falcon, but does it work on any other char? Link, for example?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Dear falcon Doug players,

I am writing from the top of the hyrule castle, above the hut.

I refuse to come down from this hut until you stop trying to grab me every **** second you get.

You also won't approach me, you just expect to bait me into a uair chain, why is that? you know i'm good at spacing then i'll spam fireballs.

sincerly, mario players.

but seriously, i play a bad falcon who can't approach easily and has to spam grabs in hopes of getting a cheap uair combo started.

any tips for not a falcon player?

EDIT: DON'T BE LIKE LOL JUST USE FAIR HERP DERP DURR

Top Bottom