• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Guys, we should request Wolf as a potential DLC character in the Club Nintendo survey concerning Smash Bros 4.

We have to do everything possible to make him coming back !

Don't forget Lucas too.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hold on buddy...

I'm a big Wolf fan, but we don't have to go full Nintendrones to get him.

I'll probably download Mewtwo because it's a character I like, but if he's more than 5$ than it's a no buy for me.

And to the people that didn't bought the 3DS Version I will absolutely not recommend them to buy it now that the Wii U version is out just for the whole Mewtwo / dlc thing.

I know that Sora and Namco worked hard on this game, but it's a duty to bring back Wolf, it's a must, and we don't have to ruin ourselves for a veteran that should have been in in the first place.

And who can assure us that if people buy Mewtwo then we will get more DLCs and specifically Wolf ? Imagine the Wolf fans who will did what you said and the next DLC characters are Toad and Dixie Kong. Can you imagine the disappointment and the anger ?
Umm I'm sorry but that's not the case here. Nintendo aren't holding Wolf ransom and saying that "you have to buy Mewtwo or else no Wolf for you". DLC is, as Sakurai says, a big decision. They still need to keep on the workers they have for it to ensure that it is developed at all, pay their wages, weigh up the possible benefits of developing and promoting DLC, then ultimately decide whether or not they want to take that risk for a long-term investment in a game that's technically already already complete.

Mewtwo is merely testing the waters to see if the market exists in the first instant. The more people opt to download Metwo and the more successful the premise is, the more keen Nintendo will be to pursue more DLC in the future. That doesn't necessarily mean that Wolf is a shoo-in, nobody is, but it's a good starting point and means that his potential to return is significantly increased.

Do consider as well that it isn't a competition between fanbases to get their favourite characters in before anybody else's. If Toad or Dixie get in before Wolf, so what? That doesn't mean that Wolf is never going to be a thing or that you wasted your money. You still got Mewtwo, a full-fledged newcomer to the roster, and encouraged Nintendo to support other fans that are also reaping the rewards of the dev team's and your time and effort.

There is much more to this than just "buy Mewtwo, get more DLC". You want Nintendo to go for it? You prove to them that it's worth taking the chance on it. It's our turn now, alright?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Right now, DLC is still being considered as a possibility.

Yes, there's Mewtwo. But that's all there is at the moment. It seemed to me that Sakurai has a bit of an open mind towards DLC, but is being cautious towards it. Doing DLC is an investment in time, money and manpower and that effort can't go to waste. It has to be profitable and worth the hard work.

Sakurai has already done a full package of content without prospect of adding more to it, which is a good philosophy. He ensured to deliver a product as complete as possible, unlike certain companies with their dubious practices of releasing blatantly incomplete games and use DLC to fix stuff or having DLC pre-installed in the disc with the fee merely unlocking said content.

Mewtwo is testing the waters for a series first, so the best we can do as fans is to support the game on the long run. Do you want more content added to the game? Do you care about the game? Do you want to give Nintendo and Sakurai a reason for why DLC should be a thing? Download Mewtwo. The more people do it, the better the chances for more DLC. Right now, it's up to us. It's in our hands.

Even if you don't care about Mewtwo, don't like the character, are not a Pokémon fan, download him anyway. He shouldn't be too expensive either, but that money will add to a total summed up by all Smash players. Pokémon has one of the biggest fanbases and is a powerful marketable brand, so Mewtwo is a very wise choice when it comes to test the waters for further DLC. Add the fact he had been playable in Melee and said choice becomes even wiser.

Now, it's up to the fans. I think the best Wolf fans can do now is to support the game as is. Try to get both versions and even if you can't do so, download Mewtwo when he becomes available to everyone (after the promotional period).
I want wolf as dlc

And as for mewtwo

I got him i will support and contact nintendo i would love more stuff added to smash 4

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
So yesterday I finished writing my opinion of Smash Bros 3DS with the club Nintendo survey. Hope it will paid off.

I think I will wait a good amount of time before getting Smash Bros Wii U, I'm not getting it before the C-Stick is fixed and that the gamecube adapter will be available at a reasonable price.

Do you guys already have Smash Wii U ?

ferioku

Smash Ace
Wonder what Sakurai will do with all the cut characters. Brings back Mewtwo is awesome, but he is removing villains and fan favorites... I really hope Sakurai is considering a lot more DLC besides Mewtwo... (Wolf and Isaac)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Just an interesting little detail I noticed on Lylat Cruise's Final Destination mode. In the background you can see The Great Fox, 2 Wolfens, and 1 Arwing. Panther and Leon are presumably in the Wolfens and Slippy is presumably in the Arwing, and Peppy's in the Great Fox, and Fox and Falco are fighting, so where are Wolf and Krystal?

Oh yeah and I want to do an analysis of Wolf's trophy to see if its detail matches playable character quality,but I don't have Wolf yet. If any of you guys have him, could you please post a video of a full rotation of his trophy, and if possible a comparison between his and Fox and Falco's trophies. So far the only part of Wolf's trophy I've seen is the front. His trophy in the Wii U version has a white belt buckle, while the 3DS has a purple one. I want to see if there are any other notable differences other than the HD. Maybe Wolf's trophy is an unfinished model or alt costume. We must get to the bottom of this and achieve our goal of WOLF DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Just an interesting little detail I noticed on Lylat Cruise's Final Destination mode. In the background you can see The Great Fox, 2 Wolfens, and 1 Arwing. Panther and Leon are presumably in the Wolfens and Slippy is presumably in the Arwing, and Peppy's in the Great Fox, and Fox and Falco are fighting, so where are Wolf and Krystal?

Oh yeah and I want to do an analysis of Wolf's trophy to see if its detail matches playable character quality,but I don't have Wolf yet. If any of you guys have him, could you please post a video of a full rotation of his trophy, and if possible a comparison between his and Fox and Falco's trophies. So far the only part of Wolf's trophy I've seen is the front. His trophy in the Wii U version has a white belt buckle, while the 3DS has a purple one. I want to see if there are any other notable differences other than the HD. Maybe Wolf's trophy is an unfinished model or alt costume. We must get to the bottom of this and achieve our goal of WOLF DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seeing how you asked and both Lucas and Wolf share quality's that basically should mean they could be in a pack here is both of them.

Seriously if these two aren't DLC
I am going to curl up in every corner of my house and cry :'(
Edit:
Lucas: "For now" (hints?) remember Ness and Lucas are favourites in the hearts of earthbound fans.
Wolf:But inevitably they always meet again as enemies.
Also for Wolf listen to this pacific segment.
On the battlefield huh ?
My god the teasing is unbearable.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Seeing how you asked and both Lucas and Wolf share quality's that basically should mean they could be in a pack here is both of them.

Edit:
Lucas: "For now" (hints?) remember Ness and Lucas are favourites in the hearts of earthbound fans.
On the battlefield huh ?
Sakurai will always tease, he never gives

ferioku

Smash Ace

Edit:
On the battlefield huh ?
WTF?

After seeing that video... =/, I have high expectations for Wolf!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Add me to the supporters list. Def needs to come back.

I think these are the same ones from brawl. They were teasing him for sure, but it was because he was hidden character back in brawl.
Added.
It can still be considered a tease now, since they're including something from when Wolf WAS playable in a game where he currently is not playable, plus there's the Star Wolf themes and Fox's Wolf Flash,:grrr:I despise Sakurai for naming that move Wolf FLash, was it really that hard to call it Fox Flash? Wolf for DLC.:wolf:!!!!!

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
The Mii brawler took wolf's dair, bair, uair, and fsmash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Allot of characters share moves, I don't see what significance this holds, honestly. Not trying to be hostile but, I really see no problem in him coming back just because he'll share a few moves y'know?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Allot of characters share moves, I don't see what significance this holds, honestly. Not trying to be hostile but, I really see no problem in him coming back just because he'll share a few moves y'know?
:4marth::4lucina::4pit::4darkpit::4mario::4drmario:, Yeah Wolf can come back and share a few moves, though technically Mii brawler then would be ripping off Wolf.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Wtf are you saying man ?

The forward smash and the up air have nothing in common with Wolf. The Mii Fighter use his LEG for his up air unlike Wolf with his claw, and it isn't an effective kill move like Wolf claw slash. Mii Fighter up air is for combos, Wolf up air is for sending opponents flying high.

Same for the Forward Smash. The Mii Fighter has a ****-ton of end lag with his f-smash but it give ton of damages and knockback. Wolf forward smash can cover a lot of distance, and it is primarily use to surprise opponents that don't expect the move to have that ton of distance and can cause tripping. Also, Mii Fighter f-smash can be aimed in diagonal while Wolf f-smash is straight.

The down air doesn't work the same. Mii fighter down air can hit opponents by the sides, while Wolf down air is either the devastating spike or nothing.

The back air, call me biased if you wish but it doesn't feel like Wolf's back air at all, and a lot of character have a kick as a back air, this prove nothing.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I still think the custom move shenanigans mean nothing.
WolFox being Fox's wolf move set.
:4fox:
Lucess being Ness' Lucas move set.
:4ness:
is not useable online neither are these :4mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
So I and most other people end up forgetting they exist they are there solely for friends only and if you feel like you want a more diverse character.
If Lucas and Wolf came back they would still have their unique move-set regardless if these two have them as customs
:4fox::4ness: and the fact that they have their move-set's already in the game as customs they should have even bigger priority and the lack of reps for both their franchises.
It would not surprise if Lucas came back and got Pk Pulse as a custom.
And wolf with the falco reflector.
These two will most likely be Next for DLC seeing how they are easy to port and have had a fan uproar since they were cut.
:popo:
I still believe this is the guys we will get next. after Mewtwo seeing how these 3 were in Brawl and Mewtwo has been gone since Melee he kind of deserves to some back first. I would rather veterans than newcomers.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Wolf should be released as DLC when the new Star Fox game comes out to promote it. It would make sense.

Just change the neutral special to something wolf-like. His reflector is the best.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
I still think the custom move shenanigans mean nothing.
WolFox being Fox's wolf move set.
:4fox:
Lucess being Ness' Lucas move set.
:4ness:
is not useable online neither are these :4mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
So I and most other people end up forgetting they exist they are there solely for friends only and if you feel like you want a more diverse character.
If Lucas and Wolf came back they would still have their unique move-set regardless if these two have them as customs
:4fox::4ness: and the fact that they have their move-set's already in the game as customs they should have even bigger priority and the lack of reps for both their franchises.
It would not surprise if Lucas came back and got Pk Pulse as a custom.
And wolf with the falco reflector.
These two will most likely be Next for DLC seeing how they are easy to port and have had a fan uproar since they were cut.
:popo:
I still believe this is the guys we will get next. after Mewtwo seeing how these 3 were in Brawl and Mewtwo has been gone since Melee he kind of deserves to some back first. I would rather veterans than newcomers.
Fox custom moves don't even have any other Wolf specials except for his Side-B.

The custom neutral B 3 is a lot different then Wolf neutral B, there is nothing to compare between these two.

Same for the Down B 3, Fox down B 3 is just shorter but reflect projectiles faster compare to Fox normal reflector, nothing in common with Wolf's one.

The UP B 3 is debated. To me it's a different move, it's slow compare to Wolf UP B, it doesn't end with a kick, Fox UP B 3 to me is just a barrel roll recover and not a copy of Wolf UP B.

Yeah, the side B is a copy of Wolf's one, but even then they still work a bit differently (Fox can't go through platform by holding down with it, unlike Wolf's one, and the sweetspot work differently but I won't deny that's it a copy of Wolf side B).

It's only 1 move copied, it's not at all a big deal and certainly not a deconfirmation.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
Wolf should be released as DLC when the new Star Fox game comes out to promote it. It would make sense.

Just change the neutral special to something wolf-like. His reflector is the best.
I think you misled the two specials here buddy.

His Blaster is his more original special (with side B), while the reflector is the least original of the bunch.

Wolf just need a new final smash and finally people will stop calling him a clone, a semi-clone or others ignorant things.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think you misled the two specials here buddy.

His Blaster is his more original special (with side B), while the reflector is the least original of the bunch.

Wolf just need a new final smash and finally people will stop calling him a clone, a semi-clone or others ignorant things.
I'd actually like a whole new set of specials that are assault based but that's just a dream of mine

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
yea I didn't really understand them removing this character. It was cool to see Wolf in Brawl. I wasn't a big fan of the game (brawl) but I remember when I first saw this character in starfox 64 and I got chills from his badas$ness. And when he was announced for brawl I was hype

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I couldn't give 2 sh*ts what they do to Wolf, as long as we get him back.
Just as long as he's still his own playable character and they don't drastically alter his moveset.

What would be cool is if Wolf's blaster functioned similarly to Kirby's hammer, where if you pressed the button quickly you could perform the move normally,but if you hold the button down, Wolf charges up the blaster and can deliver a powerful blow up close with his bayonet. However he could also store it like Samus and DK do with theirs. The blaster shot could deal knock back,but not at the level of Samus' charge shot, however if done with the bayonet, it could KO.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Woah I completely forgot about this thread lol. I haven't posted here since the beginning.

Well as Nonspecificguy put it, I don't care what they do if he comes back as DLC just don't change the voice. Fox on the 3DS version sounds terrible.

I am in full support of having Wolf come back and even if he happenes to be the worst character in the game, I will still main him.I mean I have a tattoo of him on the back of my leg >_>

wolf2.jpg

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
+1 for this. Literally the only thing thats missing in Smash 4 is Wolf.
Same thing for me. The only character requirement I have for smash is to have all the veterans I played as in the previous title come back. Newcomers are the extra bit for me, If I don't get any of the newcomers I want,but all my veterans come back, I'm content,but when I don't get any of the newcomers I really want, and my second main gets cut, there's a problem. The agonizing part is that character DLC is confirmed,but so far there are no plans other than Mewtwo. The interesting thing about Wolf is that he is the only highly requested pre melee character that made it into brawl(The characters were :wario::diddy::dedede::metaknight::wolf:, Others I think,but not sure on are:pit: :sonic:and :charizard:) to be cut. Plus his exclusion is the most baffling of all the smash cuts. Out of all the cut characters in smash bros, Wolf has the most content related to him in the game. 2 Songs, Trophy, Fox's Wolf Flash, The Lylat Cruise codecs, and His own trophy box. The more baffling thing is what happened to his brawl look. The assault trophy could simply be an assault trophy, that got its description changed, because they couldn't finish Wolf, same could be said for the Lyalt Cruise codec. Or they simply changed his look. Sakurai said back in 2013 that he didn't want to cut characters unless he had no choice. The only characters ever cut early on in development (from what we can tell,) are Pichu and Young Link in brawl. All the other cut melee vets were at least worked on. Plus the timing of Wolf's current exclusion is bad, with a new Star Fox game coming out for Wii U in 2015, that will possibly support amiibo, cutting a character like Wolf is poor timing. Also Star Fox was never dead in the first place, it only skipped the Wii generation, and in reality Miyamota wanted to make a Star Fox Wii game, but couldn't get it to work, and so now its coming out for Wii U.(Hopefully they'll also release the cancelled Wii game Project H.A.M.M.E.R. on Wii U too). :wolf: is undoubtedly one of the most guaranteed characters for DLC when Sakurai decides to do more after Mewtwo. The wait for his confirmation though, is down right agonizing, like when we had to wait 9 months just for Wario to be confirmed, after Ashley's assist trophy reveal. We knew he was going to be in,but Sakurai didn't officially confirm it until a week after the Japanese launch. We know Wolf is highly likely to be character DLC for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS,but its more agonizing to wait for Wolf's confirmation then it was waiting for this game to release, for me anyway, We must stay strong and keep supporting Wolf until we're playing as him, or at least until he's confirmed to return then we could wait to play as Wolf instead of waiting for Wolf to be confirmed.
WOLF FOR DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Guys, we should request Wolf as a potential DLC character in the Club Nintendo survey concerning Smash Bros 4.

We have to do everything possible to make him coming back !
I'd like to add that when you're asked about how strongly the Mewtwo DLC influenced your decision, say strongly. This will give higher chances to other characters.

Give as much praise as possible to the choice to make Mewtwo DLC

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd be more satisfied if both :snake: and :wolf: do make a comeback as DLCs. That would definitely make my day.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How's this thread? Anyone seen any sort of Game data yet?
I don't think anythings come out of the Wii U version. The only thing special in the 3DS version was evidence of DLC and the Brawl characters had chant files (included the Allows too for some reason).

Top Bottom