• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I have no idea why Wolf fans are concerned. Everybody who does not support Wolf seems to believe that he is guaranteed. Regardless, if they reveal Wolf it will probably be around Star Fox Zero.
A month after the end of the ballot? Almost 2? That's a long time to withhold Wolf just to promote SFZ

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Maybe it has to do with Iwata's passing maybe? Perhaps that is a factor in the delay of news?
I can understand that being the reason for no Direct in August, but it's been over a month and a half. I understand mourning lasts a long while, believe me I've been there, but for a business, I think they should've gotten themselves back together by now in order to continue on. It's a tad cold of me to say that, I know, but my point still stands.

I have no idea why Wolf fans are concerned. Everybody who does not support Wolf seems to believe that he is guaranteed. Regardless, if they reveal Wolf it will probably be around Star Fox Zero.
Whereas that does make sense, it does seem odd to withhold a character for a month after the ballot just for promotion. I wouldn't be surprised though if they revealed him in the same timeframe as when the Inkling costumes were announced to promote Splatoon.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
We don't know what Sakurai's up to, also we've been waiting for months, but don't have any reassurance that he's in. We know he's got a very good chance, but that's the annoying thing about waiting, and if the wait is for nothing, there's gonna be mass anger, rage, and Sakurai getting attacked by a pack of grey wolves (real ones). Wolf should have been released with Roy, and Ryu would have been released this month. We've worked to hard, Wolf needs to come back, #FreeWolf.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
A month after the end of the ballot? Almost 2? That's a long time to withhold Wolf just to promote SFZ
Kind of ironic isn't is? We've all been praising the release of star fox zero, cause it increases wolf's chances, yet thats probably the very reason he's taking so long :rolleyes:

Sakurai, please just bring wolf back. I know you wanna promote zero and all, but we've been waiting for months on end and we're tired of it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If they really want to hold Wolf hostage for that very reason, they could easily just announce him now and say he'll release along with SFZ if only to reassure Wolf fans that he's going to be in the game, and he won't be wasting everyone's time.

Sure, the wait will suck, but at least they know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, instead of guessing whether or not there is one.

Edit: Also...it seems so strange. You lot mentioned it before but I'm starting to notice it now. Nintendo is going out of their way to hide Wolf. He's in SFZ's cover art in his Wolfen but is incredibly hard to see. Wolf hasn't been seen or mentioned in SFZ gameplay yet his Wolfen appeared with a "W" above it, meaning we know Wolf is there. He's being very slightly teased but never mentioned or shown specifically.

I can see why some Wolf fans are being driven crazy. This is almost Artsi Omni level of tease (why him in particular? Ask Isaac fans)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
GUYS, LOOK WHAT THIS HAS DONE TO US. We need an announcement VERY soon or else we'll literally go crazy XD on another note, if Wolf gets announced, what character would you guys be rooting for?
Dixie, Impa and Krystal. Although if we just got Wolf I think I'd be fine, the game feels somewhat incomplete without Wolf, Ice Climbers too

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
on another note, if Wolf gets announced, what character would you guys be rooting for?
King K. Rool is the only other character I want after Wolf so all my support would go to him.

I don't need/want anyone else so if they both make it in I'm golden.

I'll be satisfied if we only got Wolf though, as he has always been my number one.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
GUYS, LOOK WHAT THIS HAS DONE TO US. We need an announcement VERY soon or else we'll literally go crazy XD on another note, if Wolf gets announced, what character would you guys be rooting for?
Nothing else, maybe hope for Bandana Dee and some really unique choices. I don't really want most of those popular characters at this point, so....yeah.

Yes. So far every characters suggested in response to this question are the ones I really don't want.
Also regarding to that empty maintenance thing, expected a mere balance patch at least, but eh.

There's some patternist saying there's a 47-49 days gap between all updated, and the next date with this order would be around September 16. Just saying, that's just some random theory, so idk, let's put hype onto another hypothetical situation?

(The next one is September 2. Go figure too)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Bandana Dee and Paper Mario are really the only other characters I want that stand a chance so I guess I'd count as rooting for them, even though I want Dark Matter and Jirachi even more :p.

I've been wondering, how low or high on the tiers do you guys expect Wolf to be competitively, and how low would you tolerate him being? I personally don't know very much about how Wolf works in Brawl, or how his mechanics would translate to this game, so I thought it'd be pretty interesting to hear your thoughts and to learn a bit more about Wolf.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Bandana Dee and Paper Mario are really the only other characters I want that stand a chance so I guess I'd count as rooting for them, even though I want Dark Matter and Jirachi even more :p.

I've been wondering, how low or high on the tiers do you guys expect Wolf to be competitively, and how low would you tolerate him being? I personally don't know very much about how Wolf works in Brawl, or how his mechanics would translate to this game, so I thought it'd be pretty interesting to hear your thoughts and to learn a bit more about Wolf.
:wolf: would most likely translate to Smash 4 in a similar manner to :4fox: and :4falco:, assuming his moves stay the same. Though he made his living back in SSBB as a hyper-aggressive character, so he might have adjusted mechanics to suit that kind of playstyle, at least I think so. I would think he'd be mid-high on the tier list but I don't care where he would end up, I'd be too focused on having fun playing as him.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If we get Wolf then my next hopes are for Krystal, Bandana Dee or Chrom but only if he uses the Fire Emblem shield and lances (obviously swords too but incorporate lances in there somehow). I just want a lance user in Smash. Otherwise Snake or Banjo & Kazooie if only because those are the characters my cousin wants.

I mentioned my thoughts on Wolf's tier placement before but I'll mention it again. I feel Wolf will be anywhere between mid to low tier. Mid because he has many fast and ranged attacks and has the tools to force approaches without being forced to do so himself with some exceptions. Low however because his weight and fall speed make him combo fodder and thanks to the general sh nerf every or nearly every character got, Wolf will pretty much only be able to sh bair without lag and even that might not be possible. Also, Wolf's moveset doesn't lend itself towards combos aside from nair and potential moves into Wolf Flash and he doesn't have the % output to make up for it.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
With this new maintenance I don't think they're going to update Smash Bros. anytime soon. To be honest I believe we will have to wait until ballot is over. :facepalm:

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh? I want to see Wolf in Smash but he isn't my priority. My most wanted is Micaiah. Also Bandana Dee, K. Rool, etc.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well, I come to this board to see any Smash news and I get none. Sakurai has done messed up yet again. We seriously need to hear anything from Nintendo real soon because this is getting ridiculous. :glare:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol this thread has more posts than most forums for characters who are already in SSB4. C'mon Sakurai, gives us Wolf!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
With this new maintenance I don't think they're going to update Smash Bros. anytime soon. To be honest I believe we will have to wait until ballot is over. :facepalm:
Add another 3-4 months for them to add up the results and make the character. :facepalm::facepalm:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I wonder what Sakurai thinks, seeing people throwing themselves at several Nintendo-related events solely for smash news. "Thank you for waiting" is really going to mean a lot. Ooh, what if there was a spin-off DLC campaign for Star Fox Zero where you play as Wolf?

EDIT: Also, I like to rewatch the Ryu reveal trailer and notice that Fox, Link, and Samus are lined up to fight him. WOLF, YOUNG LINK AND---no, I don't think so

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
*sigh* Sakurai better have some big update planned to make up for the lack of Smash news. I really don't feel like waiting till October to actually get any official news but oh well.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The drought of Smash related news is really getting to my head.

Why Nintendo has been putting off having a Direct for this long IDK. I really hope it has nothing to do with Iwata because that was over a month and a half ago. The company should have gone back to normal a long time ago now, just saying. Nobody mourns for this long.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Lesson learned. Don't listen or trust Etika.
What

you've ever thought of doing that?
King K. Rool and Bandana Dee. I actually want them more than Wolf (don't kill me pls).
WOLF IS ANGRI
Lol this thread has more posts than most forums for characters who are already in SSB4. C'mon Sakurai, gives us Wolf!
You know, there are at least 3 newcomer support thread having more posts than us. We are in behind of them.
Not really. Some think they are done with veterans and now apparently Wolf has a lower chance than an Assist Trophy according to them.
Dunno, at least on par with the other DLC fighters that seemingly are just overpowered versions of those that already exists in the game. Though I wish he would be higher up, somewhere lower than Fox's placement ofc.
Wolf Final Smash Should Be A Big Loud Howl To Push Players Off Stage .
wat?

Top Bottom