• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling ALL Grand Prairie, Arlington, Irving, H.E.B., and surrounding area players!

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Do you have a job?

Do you have a family?

Are you tired of driving 30+ minutes for a tournament?

You're not alone! I'm looking to gather people in the area with our obvious shared interest with a passion to find out who is better. This can start as a monthly tournament or gathering, possibly not as frequent, and that's all right. Small steps must be made in the advancement of any structure. I'm looking for a Friday/Fri-night or Saturday/Satur-night.

I'll eventually present and host tournaments in the area regardless, so keep your eyes peeled.

Feel free to ask any questions!

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Absolutely! I'll be sure to update the main post and PM everyone that is looking to participate.

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Done and Done.

Figured there was more than myself.

There must be dozens of us!

GTKenshinx

Smash Rookie
Hello all, My name is Tony and I just moved to the DFW area. Currently I'm living in Keller by the Alliance area. I'm interested in joining any Smash Brothers Group in the DFW area. I heard the area has a good group. My top two fighters I use is Peach and Zelda. I'm also looking forward to learn and get better at Smash Brothers. Hope to hear from you all.

MechaGary

Smash Cadet
Hello all, My name is Tony and I just moved to the DFW area. Currently I'm living in Keller by the Alliance area. I'm interested in joining any Smash Brothers Group in the DFW area. I heard the area has a good group. My top two fighters I use is Peach and Zelda. I'm also looking forward to learn and get better at Smash Brothers. Hope to hear from you all.
I live in this area too. I'd be down to be a training partner for sure! I main Villager.

MechaGary

Smash Cadet
Just a heads up to all local players. The gamestop in North Richland Hills is hosting a smash Wii U tournament this Saturday. I think the flyer said check in at 11:45 am.

Zeafling

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6462-0307
Just a heads up to all local players. The gamestop in North Richland Hills is hosting a smash Wii U tournament this Saturday. I think the flyer said check in at 11:45 am.
Missed it :( How can I find out when gamestop hosts these? I'd love to attend!

Ꮤhisker

Smash Rookie
Done and Done.

Figured there was more than myself.

There must be dozens of us!

I'd love to know if this is still a thing because I think Dallas is the closest community to me. I live about 2 hours northeast :/ but hey, I'm willing to make the drive when I can!

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
I'd love to know if this is still a thing because I think Dallas is the closest community to me. I live about 2 hours northeast :/ but hey, I'm willing to make the drive when I can!
There's a few tournaments and such in Denton. Not sure how often they frequent however.

As for finding GameStops that host tournaments, that's a bit tougher since GS is a franchised company that varies from location to location.
They'll host tournaments on occasion with a majority of them hosted for a promotion.
The best thing to do would see if you can talk to the manager to see if they have plans to host one or more int he future.

Now, I've been extremely busy and kind of missing but, I'd like to know what every one thinks about a Sm4sh and possibly Melee Tournament say, March 19th or 26th.

MechaGary

Smash Cadet
There's a few tournaments and such in Denton. Not sure how often they frequent however.

As for finding GameStops that host tournaments, that's a bit tougher since GS is a franchised company that varies from location to location.
They'll host tournaments on occasion with a majority of them hosted for a promotion.
The best thing to do would see if you can talk to the manager to see if they have plans to host one or more int he future.

Now, I've been extremely busy and kind of missing but, I'd like to know what every one thinks about a Sm4sh and possibly Melee Tournament say, March 19th or 26th.
Down

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
There are many events hosted in the Area lol, Melee weeklies at Sci Fi Factory and Casual Encounters, Monthlies hosted in Fort Worth at Collected, Smash 4 weeklies in Mansfield.

Last edited:

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
There are many events hosted in the Area lol, Melee weeklies at Sci Fi Factory and Casual Encounters, Monthlies hosted in Fort Worth at Collected, Smash 4 weeklies in Mansfield.
I don't believe you read the post.
It's true there are many events. The problem is that the majority, if not all of them are hosted too far for me, a person with a full time job and at a time of either I'm still working or I won't be able to make registration/first few rounds due to distance.
There's nothing for mid-city players with a full schedule so, I'm trying to change that.

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
You are missing what i am saying, there are events in the mid cities 2-3 times weekly at all times of the days, plus monthlies on the weekends.

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Then please by all means, show them to me.

Hard Mode: Can't start/ run on The following: Sun 12-6, Mon-Thur 9-7:30
Show me and I'll pay for your entry for the Lansharx Tournament or any other that I'd be able to attend.

EDIT:
There's a SLEW of Regionals coming up. I am aware of those.
What I'm hoping to accomplish is another weeklies to be available for Midcities players who can't make the other weeklies during the week.

Last edited:

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone!
Here's a sign up:
http://goo.gl/forms/qoEzZpNS2C
for the tournament so I can get some accurate numbers for how many people we'll have.
Entry will be $5. I only need 2-3 more set-ups for the tournament, more will be welcomed depending on location.

MetalMonk

Smash Cadet
Due to an overwhelming lack of sign-ups, The tournament is postponed until I can find more active participants.

Prioritized

Smash Cadet
NNID
Prioritized
3DS FC
0430-8412-2191
You planning on starting this up again? I'm interested.

Top Bottom