1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Calabrel's Custom 3.02 Project M Build.

Discussion in 'Customized Content' started by Calabrel, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Calabrel

Calabrel Smash Apprentice

• Project M Dev Team
    Introducing, my 3.02 Project M build.

I know this potentially could seem late, considering 3.0 was released Dec. 9th, but please understand that as a PMBR member I knew that 3.01 and, in turn, 3.02 would happen and I didn’t want to have outdated versions in the wild. I think we’re in the clear in terms of bugfixes though. Also, I spent a day trying to fight with my Google docs to get it to upload before I gave up and went with Mediafire, Google has been really screwing up lately.

This version focused less on the addition of stages, like 2.6’s build did, and instead I took considerable effort to polish the stages I did have and also revamped quite a bit of music. For example, I went through each custom stage and configured them so they had cameras comparable to the Project M 3.0 camera. I adjust slightly adjusted blast zones on a few stages and fixed shadows on some. In addition, I went through and made sure all front page stages that only had retextures had official Project M collisions (you'll notice Smashville is finally wall-jumpable like it should be).

I used the CSS song cycler again, but if you don’t want it on your build, simply replace the RSBE code for the default one in 3.02. I normally don't do this, but there was a song I couldn't identify other than it was some Contra remix and it was so good, I had to include it. If anyone posts a link to the song online I will forever be in your debt. It's on the newly added CastleSky stage.

It's also important to note that even though I called this a hackless build, it's equipped to work for both hackless Wii's and Gecko homebrew.

Again, it goes without saying, even though I am a PMBR member, this build does in no way reflect anything to do with PMBR, it's my own personal build and they had little to no involvement with the project.

Also, I screwed up, I forgot to include the background.png image for Gecko users, it won't stop you from playing, but it won't look as neat while you're on the Gecko menu. Instead of delaying the release even more by re-uploading nearly 2GB of files, I've included the background.png in a separate download.

A lot of issues can be resolved by defragging your SD card. Here's a tutorial on how to defrag a drive in windows. Just substitute hard drive with your SD card, it works exactly the same.

Please respond to this thread if you have any questions, or, if you prefer, message me on Reddit: /u/Calabrel

Disclaimer: All of the stage textures have been created by various users at Brawl Vault or Smashmods, thank you for your awesome work guys. Feel free to upload any of the stages in the build to Smashmods/BrawlVault as 3.02 versions, just be sure to credit all individuals who worked on them previously (I have the links to the stages already posted).

Special thanks to my good friend, DarkP0tat0 and Theytah for helping with portraits. Also SOJ and Mewtwo2000 for helping with stage-related things. Another special thanks to Theytah and SOJ again, who taught me how to do even more stage-related things so I was able to be sure they had proper collisions and cameras. Once gain, my greatest thanks goes to you all, who appreciate the build enough to use it. I can't stress enough how good it feels to see a YouTube video of one of you guys using it or a message/post saying how much you guys love it. I even love all of the people asking me if I'm going to be releasing an updated build each patch :). Thank you all!
    Shoto, 5710link, Pluto.19 and 9 others like this.
  2. 210stuna

210stuna Smash Lord

First

Will download once I get home
  3. heysuess

heysuess Smash Cadet

Calabrawl.
    nameless.ez.™, Burnsy and oksas like this.
  4. FlashingFire

FlashingFire Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    4339-2631-3242
    Definitely downloading some of those stages.
    EmLeingod likes this.
  5. Alteffor

Alteffor Smash Rookie

You're builds are the best :) Downloading for when I get home.
  6. JakieWinks

JakieWinks Smash Cadet

Is this tournament legal? It seems like it isn't, I might be wrong though.
  7. Calabrel

• Project M Dev Team
    That all depends on the TO (tournament organizer), the textures used in this build do not change the physics of tournament stages. Personally, I'd not allow stage textures at tournaments, not only do you need a computer to be sure the textures are correct, but even if they are, some players could be thrown off simply by the texture change itself. I'd rather not unintentionally put a player at a disadvantage just to use these textures.
  8. BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch Smash Cadet

9. Calabrel

• Project M Dev Team
    CastleSky
    W26 Kong Jungle (Melee) - Some Contra song, someone please identify it!

I wanted to point this out to you all, as in not in a wall of text. Someone please identify!
  10. SlizZeR

SlizZeR Smash Rookie

This is ****ing awesome man! Really really good!
    But it appears, that the bowser custom stage is broken for me, it freezes the wii. Anyone else occuriong the same problem?
  11. Calabrel

• Project M Dev Team
    If the Bowser stage is freezing for you, it means you didn't install this onto a clean card, but fret not just simply do the following:

Go to \projectm\pf\module
    and delete - st_kart.rel

It will work after that.
    SlizZeR likes this.
  12. Whatislove

Whatislove Smash Cadet

Hi, I installed it per the instructions, gecko OS popped up, I hit play and then it goes black and never loads the actual project m. What am I doing wrong?
  13. Knightlitespeed

Knightlitespeed Smash Apprentice

NNID:
    Knightlitespeed
    Did you seamlessly loop the music in this build?

If not, I'm going to start looping some of them on my own. I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about looping songs.
  14. BetaHousing

BetaHousing Smash Rookie

I like the option to scroll through menu music in the character select screen, but how do I make it change to my menu music? I just took out the last two. Braid and Levels.

Nevermind.. I just fixed it.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  15. Nautilus

Nautilus Smash Cadet

3DS FC:
    3308-5000-4410
    To make sure that I don't mess things up, what should I do to play a hacked variation of this? What files do I need to replace from the official 3.02 download?
  16. Guel

Guel Smash Apprentice

Incredible! Thank you for this!
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  17. SlizZeR

SlizZeR Smash Rookie

I actually formatted my sd card and defragged it, but it works now. Thanks for the quick replay , youre awesome! :)
  18. Calabrel

• Project M Dev Team
    Assuming you're using the same method of homebrew that the Official Project M build utilizes you shouldn't have to do anything. I actually made the build work for both hackless and homebrew methods this go around.
    Nautilus likes this.
  19. Calabrel

• Project M Dev Team
    I never encountered this issue, I'm not sure what the problem is. My suggest would be to delete all the files on your SD card and put the build on it again. If that fails, re-download it then put a fresh install on the SD card. If that fails, I'd start testing to see if the Official Project M build still works as you may have failing hardware, unfortunately :(
  20. Whatislove

Whatislove Smash Cadet

I did try to put the build on again, and I tried the official version, which works. I'll try to redownload it when I get home.
  21. Galen The Wise

Galen The Wise Smash Apprentice

This is absolutely amazing. My buddies at school will love this since we have a plethora of mixed players of competitive and noncompetitive status. The music also matches the stages. Thank you so much, Calabrel.

P.S. Super huge fan of your Ness. Hope you continue to make builds in the future.
  22. Ultimate Sneeze

Ultimate Sneeze Smash Apprentice

When I try to open the Zip file, it tells me that the file is invalid... Should I just try re-downloading?

Edit: It tells me it cannot open as an archive when using 7-Zip as well.

Edit Demo Version 2.0: Never mind, I re-downloaded it and it worked perfectly, thanks for putting this up.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  23. _Kailex_

_Kailex_ PMS| Greato Daze

• Premium
    Some stages cause a silent freeze during the countdown, should I format/defrag the SD card?
  24. OcarinaOfDoom

OcarinaOfDoom Smash Lord

NNID:
    OcarinaOfDoom
    Calabrel, any chance of you releasing a version w/custom textures?
  25. Girth94

Girth94 Smash Cadet

Great job as usual, Calabrel. Have been playing with this mod since you released it.

Quick question, other than the CSS Cycler code, what differentiates your codeset from the vanilla PM codeset? I'd like to add in a code that equalizes the volume of all the songs in the game. You wouldn't happen to use any volume codes, would you?

Thank again!
    Burnsy likes this.
  26. Chadwicked

Chadwicked Smash Rookie

i play a lot of contra i will identify the song later (haven't played the build yet but plan to tonight, it looks great)
  27. TheGhostlyPidove

TheGhostlyPidove Smash Lord

3DS FC:
    2509-2709-5815
    I love your signature, dude!
    SlizZeR likes this.
  28. TheGhostlyPidove

TheGhostlyPidove Smash Lord

3DS FC:
    2509-2709-5815
    All of them.
  29. Calabrel

• Project M Dev Team
    I actually already use the code that normalizes the volume of all the songs. I set them all to 80.
    Girth94 likes this.
  30. Blank Mauser

Blank Mauser Smash Champion

Love this pack. Its nice on the eyes.
  31. CoolGuy847

CoolGuy847 Smash Cadet

NNID:
    SidneyH25
    Hey Calabrel where's the custom customs? Im not complaining but just wondering since this was a CUSTOM BUILD
  32. CoolGuy847

CoolGuy847 Smash Cadet

NNID:
    SidneyH25
    Oops I meant Custom Costumes... DERP
  33. MoonlapseOpethian

MoonlapseOpethian Smash Journeyman

Off topic, but you have a BTBAM avatar. You have my respect. \m/
  34. bluezero2x

bluezero2x Smash Rookie

Does no wifi mean that playing online is literally impossible with this setup?
  35. Blank Mauser

Blank Mauser Smash Champion

What files would I copy over from Vanilla PM if I wanted to replace a stage with its original version? (Like Warioware)
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  36. davidvkimball

davidvkimball Smash Cadet

3DS FC:
    3196-5240-6546
    NNID:
    davidvkimball
    Questiom about the Chibi-Robo stage, did you get it working on Brinstar? My game freezes when I try to select it. Do I need to add/remove a .rel file in /modules?
  37. GnOME

GnOME Smash Rookie

First of all thank you so much for the build, perfect selection of stages and music to boot. I'm new to all this so please excuse my ignorance. I was just trying to combine your build with RoyalSyrup's CSS sprite pack. that comes with a private folder containing the common5.pac file. Seeing as they were in different locations I instead tried replacing the common5.pac file in your build, with RoyalSyrup's, unseccessfully (which seems obvious now having done it). Basically is it possible and if so could you explain how I can get it to work? Thanks!
  38. GnOME

GnOME Smash Rookie

I used BrawlBox scoured the texture folders and figured out which files to replace so no worries. Thanks again for the build!
  39. Will-O-Wisp

Will-O-Wisp Smash Apprentice

Hey is there a way to keep the menu music playing after I go into character select? It always changes, even when I set the music to one song on the menu
  40. Shoto

Shoto Smash Apprentice

Love this build. Going to have to change it up a bit, in terms of the CSS but other than that, loving it.