• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calabrel's Custom 3.02 Project M Build.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Introducing, my 3.02 Project M build.

I know this potentially could seem late, considering 3.0 was released Dec. 9th, but please understand that as a PMBR member I knew that 3.01 and, in turn, 3.02 would happen and I didn’t want to have outdated versions in the wild. I think we’re in the clear in terms of bugfixes though. Also, I spent a day trying to fight with my Google docs to get it to upload before I gave up and went with Mediafire, Google has been really screwing up lately.

This version focused less on the addition of stages, like 2.6’s build did, and instead I took considerable effort to polish the stages I did have and also revamped quite a bit of music. For example, I went through each custom stage and configured them so they had cameras comparable to the Project M 3.0 camera. I adjust slightly adjusted blast zones on a few stages and fixed shadows on some. In addition, I went through and made sure all front page stages that only had retextures had official Project M collisions (you'll notice Smashville is finally wall-jumpable like it should be).

I used the CSS song cycler again, but if you don’t want it on your build, simply replace the RSBE code for the default one in 3.02. I normally don't do this, but there was a song I couldn't identify other than it was some Contra remix and it was so good, I had to include it. If anyone posts a link to the song online I will forever be in your debt. It's on the newly added CastleSky stage.

It's also important to note that even though I called this a hackless build, it's equipped to work for both hackless Wii's and Gecko homebrew.

Again, it goes without saying, even though I am a PMBR member, this build does in no way reflect anything to do with PMBR, it's my own personal build and they had little to no involvement with the project.

Also, I screwed up, I forgot to include the background.png image for Gecko users, it won't stop you from playing, but it won't look as neat while you're on the Gecko menu. Instead of delaying the release even more by re-uploading nearly 2GB of files, I've included the background.png in a separate download.

[collapse=Installation instructions]
Installation instructions for the base build:

• Download the Calabrel's_3.02_Hackless_nowifi.zip
    Drag and drop the contents of the Calabrel's_3.02_Hackless_nowifi.zip file onto a 2GB SD card. Due to the size a 2GB SD card will be required. If you've downloaded the background.png that I forgot to include, drag and drop that file into the 2GB card as well, don't put it into the folders.

Instructions if you just want to use my custom music on the original Project M 3.02 build:

This is one such example as I explained above. If you want to copy my music and don't know how to edit your own files in Brawl Box then may I suggest the following instructions to you. Keep in mind this will not display the names of the songs in the "my music" section of options.

• Download the Calabrel's_3.02_Hackless_nowifi.zip
    On your Project: M SD card, go to \projectm\pf\
    Delete the "sound" and "info2" folders.
    Open the Calabrel's_3.02_Hackless_nowifi.zip file you downloaded and go to \projectm\pf\
    Replace the deleted "sound" and "info2" folders on your SD card with the three folders of the same name from my custom build.
    Defrag your SD card to ensure no errors due to fragmented files, once finished safely remove and enjoy!
[/collapse]

[collapse=Stages and Music]

[collapse=Battlefield]
Lakefield 3.02 updated

Music (Click name to listen to the song)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Big Blue]
Ancient Battlefield

[/collapse]

[collapse=Brinstar]
Chibi-Robo 2013

Music (Click name to listen to a song)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Castle Siege]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Corneria]
Green Greens SD Remix

[/collapse]

[collapse=Delphino Plaza]
Mario Grass Land (Complete Stage List Version)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Distant Planet]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dracula's Castle]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dreamland 64]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Final Destination]
Mars Destination 3.02 updated

[/collapse]

[collapse=Flat Zone 2]
Green Hill Zone 2.5 (w/moving top platform)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Fountain of Dreams]
Fountain of Fantasy

[/collapse]

[collapse=Fourside]
Fourside Project M (w/moving platform)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Frigate Orpheon]
Frigate Orpheon 2nd transformation

[/collapse]

[collapse=Green Hill Zone]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Halberd]
Daytime Halberd 3.02 updated

[/collapse]

[collapse=Hyrule Castle]
Balanced Hyrule Castle

[/collapse]

[collapse=Jungle Japes]
CastleSky

[/collapse]

[collapse=Kongo Jungle]
Rebalanced Kongo Jungle 64

[/collapse]

[collapse=Lylat Cruise]
Stage is unchanged.

• G10 Space Armada - Starfox: Godspeed, OC ReMix
    G02 Corneria - Starfox: Clan McCloud, OC ReMix
    G01 Main Theme (Star Fox) - None
    G03 Main Theme (Star Fox 64) - None
    G04 Area 6 - None
    G11 Area 6 Ver. 2 - None
    G05 Star Wolf - None
    G09 Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault) - None
    G07 Space Battleground - None
    G08 Break Through the Ice - None
    Q12 Tunnel Scene (X) - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mario Circuit]
Bowser's Castle (now lagless)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Metal Cavern]
HD Metal Cavern

• A01 Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
    A16 Ground Theme 2 (Super Mario Bros.) - Donkey Kong Country 2: Journey Through the Mines, OC ReMix
    A10 Gritzy Desert - Wizball: Transformation, OC ReMix
    A02 Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - None
    A03 Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - Zombies Ate My Neighbors: Neighburgers, OC ReMix
    A04 Underground Theme (Super Mario Land) - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Norfair]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Onett]
Mewtwo Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pictochat]
KC MM's Grand Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pirate Ship]
Floating Island with platforms

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokémon Stadium]
Midair Pokémon Stadium (no screen monitor)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokémon Stadium 2]
Project M Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Port Town Aero Drive]
Studio 54 (custom made)
Based roughly off this stage.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rainbow Cruise]
Official Project M 3.0 Peach's Castle

• W02 Rainbow Cruise (Melee) - None
    W01 Princess Peach's Castle (Melee) - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Rumble Falls]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Saffron City]
Project M Spear Pillar

[/collapse]

[collapse=Shadow Moses Island]
Mushroom Kingdom Project M

[/collapse]

[collapse=Skyworld]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Smashville]
Gardenville 3.02 updated

[/collapse]

[collapse=Summit]
Summit Project M

[/collapse]

[collapse=Temple]
GetAmped 2 Rooftop Court (Complete Stage List Version)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Warioware]
Temple Of Time 3.02 updated

[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi's Island (Brawl)]
Lost Woods 3.02 updated

[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi's Island (Melee)]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Menu Music and Victory Music]
[/collapse]

[/collapse]

A lot of issues can be resolved by defragging your SD card. Here's a tutorial on how to defrag a drive in windows. Just substitute hard drive with your SD card, it works exactly the same.

Please respond to this thread if you have any questions, or, if you prefer, message me on Reddit: /u/Calabrel

Disclaimer: All of the stage textures have been created by various users at Brawl Vault or Smashmods, thank you for your awesome work guys. Feel free to upload any of the stages in the build to Smashmods/BrawlVault as 3.02 versions, just be sure to credit all individuals who worked on them previously (I have the links to the stages already posted).

Special thanks to my good friend, DarkP0tat0 and Theytah for helping with portraits. Also SOJ and Mewtwo2000 for helping with stage-related things. Another special thanks to Theytah and SOJ again, who taught me how to do even more stage-related things so I was able to be sure they had proper collisions and cameras. Once gain, my greatest thanks goes to you all, who appreciate the build enough to use it. I can't stress enough how good it feels to see a YouTube video of one of you guys using it or a message/post saying how much you guys love it. I even love all of the people asking me if I'm going to be releasing an updated build each patch :). Thank you all!

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
That all depends on the TO (tournament organizer), the textures used in this build do not change the physics of tournament stages. Personally, I'd not allow stage textures at tournaments, not only do you need a computer to be sure the textures are correct, but even if they are, some players could be thrown off simply by the texture change itself. I'd rather not unintentionally put a player at a disadvantage just to use these textures.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
CastleSky
W26 Kong Jungle (Melee) - Some Contra song, someone please identify it!

I wanted to point this out to you all, as in not in a wall of text. Someone please identify!

SlizZeR

Smash Rookie
This is ****ing awesome man! Really really good!
But it appears, that the bowser custom stage is broken for me, it freezes the wii. Anyone else occuriong the same problem?

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
If the Bowser stage is freezing for you, it means you didn't install this onto a clean card, but fret not just simply do the following:

Go to \projectm\pf\module
and delete - st_kart.rel

It will work after that.

Whatislove

Smash Cadet
Hi, I installed it per the instructions, gecko OS popped up, I hit play and then it goes black and never loads the actual project m. What am I doing wrong?

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Did you seamlessly loop the music in this build?

If not, I'm going to start looping some of them on my own. I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive about looping songs.

BetaHousing

Smash Rookie
I like the option to scroll through menu music in the character select screen, but how do I make it change to my menu music? I just took out the last two. Braid and Levels.

Nevermind.. I just fixed it.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
To make sure that I don't mess things up, what should I do to play a hacked variation of this? What files do I need to replace from the official 3.02 download?

SlizZeR

Smash Rookie
If the Bowser stage is freezing for you, it means you didn't install this onto a clean card, but fret not just simply do the following:

Go to \projectm\pf\module
and delete - st_kart.rel

It will work after that.
I actually formatted my sd card and defragged it, but it works now. Thanks for the quick replay , youre awesome! :)

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
To make sure that I don't mess things up, what should I do to play a hacked variation of this? What files do I need to replace from the official 3.02 download?
Assuming you're using the same method of homebrew that the Official Project M build utilizes you shouldn't have to do anything. I actually made the build work for both hackless and homebrew methods this go around.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I installed it per the instructions, gecko OS popped up, I hit play and then it goes black and never loads the actual project m. What am I doing wrong?
I never encountered this issue, I'm not sure what the problem is. My suggest would be to delete all the files on your SD card and put the build on it again. If that fails, re-download it then put a fresh install on the SD card. If that fails, I'd start testing to see if the Official Project M build still works as you may have failing hardware, unfortunately :(

Whatislove

Smash Cadet
I never encountered this issue, I'm not sure what the problem is. My suggest would be to delete all the files on your SD card and put the build on it again. If that fails, re-download it then put a fresh install on the SD card. If that fails, I'd start testing to see if the Official Project M build still works as you may have failing hardware, unfortunately :(
I did try to put the build on again, and I tried the official version, which works. I'll try to redownload it when I get home.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
This is absolutely amazing. My buddies at school will love this since we have a plethora of mixed players of competitive and noncompetitive status. The music also matches the stages. Thank you so much, Calabrel.

P.S. Super huge fan of your Ness. Hope you continue to make builds in the future.

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
When I try to open the Zip file, it tells me that the file is invalid... Should I just try re-downloading?

Edit: It tells me it cannot open as an archive when using 7-Zip as well.

Edit Demo Version 2.0: Never mind, I re-downloaded it and it worked perfectly, thanks for putting this up.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Some stages cause a silent freeze during the countdown, should I format/defrag the SD card?

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Great job as usual, Calabrel. Have been playing with this mod since you released it.

Quick question, other than the CSS Cycler code, what differentiates your codeset from the vanilla PM codeset? I'd like to add in a code that equalizes the volume of all the songs in the game. You wouldn't happen to use any volume codes, would you?

Thank again!

Chadwicked

Smash Rookie
CastleSky
W26 Kong Jungle (Melee) - Some Contra song, someone please identify it!

I wanted to point this out to you all, as in not in a wall of text. Someone please identify!
i play a lot of contra i will identify the song later (haven't played the build yet but plan to tonight, it looks great)

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Great job as usual, Calabrel. Have been playing with this mod since you released it.

Quick question, other than the CSS Cycler code, what differentiates your codeset from the vanilla PM codeset? I'd like to add in a code that equalizes the volume of all the songs in the game. You wouldn't happen to use any volume codes, would you?

Thank again!
I actually already use the code that normalizes the volume of all the songs. I set them all to 80.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What files would I copy over from Vanilla PM if I wanted to replace a stage with its original version? (Like Warioware)

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Questiom about the Chibi-Robo stage, did you get it working on Brinstar? My game freezes when I try to select it. Do I need to add/remove a .rel file in /modules?

GnOME

Smash Rookie
First of all thank you so much for the build, perfect selection of stages and music to boot. I'm new to all this so please excuse my ignorance. I was just trying to combine your build with RoyalSyrup's CSS sprite pack. that comes with a private folder containing the common5.pac file. Seeing as they were in different locations I instead tried replacing the common5.pac file in your build, with RoyalSyrup's, unseccessfully (which seems obvious now having done it). Basically is it possible and if so could you explain how I can get it to work? Thanks!

GnOME

Smash Rookie
I used BrawlBox scoured the texture folders and figured out which files to replace so no worries. Thanks again for the build!

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Hey is there a way to keep the menu music playing after I go into character select? It always changes, even when I set the music to one song on the menu

Top Bottom