• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-stick jump out of Shield causes up-smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarul

Smash Cadet
I have this problem where sometimes c-stick jump out of shield causes my character to up-smash (I play with tap jump OFF, and c-stick set to smash attacks). I can't figure out how to consistently recreate it, but it happens fairly often. It's happened to me on multiple wii's during tournament, and I've used multiple controllers (just purchased a new one to see if maybe friends' were bad as well, and the same problem persists) , and it keeps happening.

One peculiar thing to note is that when this bug does happen, consecutive c-stick jumps out of shields cause an up-smash (just by pressing c-stick up while holding shield- nothing else. I've shown friends how I'm just tapping c-stick up while holding shield and how this keeps happening), and this can only be stopped by jumping out of shield with x/y.

It's happened to me when I've played Sheik and Samus.

My set up: only tap jump off.
Steps to recreate:
1. hold shield
2. Jump out of shield with c-stick.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried recreating it with another controller? It might be registering the c-stick input twice; the first causing the jump, and the second causing the u-smash cancelling jump-squat

Tarul

Smash Cadet
As mentioned in my post, I've tried it with multiple controllers, and even purchased a new one to make sure it wasn't a controller issue :\

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I can reproduce 'randomly', but unable to find a reason for it happening. Further testing is required. not sure how resolvable this is at the moment.
Instead of removing this entirely can this be controllable and implemented on other designs? Like having it set to special will invoke and UP B OOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom