• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
EVERYTHING's easier to hit in FFAs and teams lol. You've never been trying to finish somebody off, but somebody else comes in with the dumbest move ever and kills the both of you? Or at least steals your kill? Warlock punches, KO punches, falcon punches, ganon up-tilts, and home-run bat kills are perfect for this sort of thing. You can generally just spam stuff in FFA and be safer than in a 1v1, since everybody's fair game for everybody, and if somebody just so happens to be 'covering' you while you perform one of the silly moves, others may be cautious and not approach you at all. And if that person near you happens to be focused on killing somebody else, guess what, you're off scot-free!
Happens all the time when smashing with my in-group lol.
At a competitive level though? I just don't see someone getting baited into a random Warlock Punch w/o some kind of amazing read, or setup, even in FFA. I see it being easier in teams, because it's much easier to set it up in a 2v1 scenario, but I can't imagine them looking at it and saying "yeah perfectly balanced for 4-player". I think some attacks are just bad, and only good for mindgames (Jig's Sing for example).

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Its definitely worth the money. Best ketchup mustard I've ever had the pleasure of zig-zagging on my hot dog.

I'd die for another bottle.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
*Shoots the Doctor at point blank range with a shotgun*

Na, but you two need a psychiatrist. :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
*Shoots Mario square in the chest at point blank range with a shotgun*

There, now there can be no variations of Mario since Mario himself is dead. And not even a Ghost Mario can join because ghosts are untouchable, meaning he can't be damaged, meaning he'd be the most OP character ever. And even Sakurai wouldn't allow that!

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
*Shoots Mario square in the chest at point blank range with a shotgun*

There, now there can be no variations of Mario since Mario himself is dead. And not even a Ghost Mario can join because ghosts are untouchable, meaning he can't be damaged, meaning he'd be the most OP character ever. And even Sakurai wouldn't allow that!

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
*Zombie Mario NEEDS BRAINS

You need to shoot him in the head next time.

Also, why do you hate Mario so much?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey, you guys brought up Doc. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have needed to kill Mario. Because I have nothing against the original Mario.

Now let me get my machine gun and turret to wipe out all these zombies you just spawned by creating a Zombie Mario...

You monsters...

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hey, you guys brought up Doc. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have needed to kill Mario. Because I have nothing against the original Mario.

Now let me get my machine gun and turret to wipe out all these zombies you just spawned by creating a Zombie Mario...

You monsters...
Now do Metal Mario

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
I guess were going to have a giant, metal, curry, stamina smash!

Or rather... a 0% natural Fawful's classic yellow mustard of your doom smash!

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
It is the ice climbers thread, yes, but this thread would be pretty stagnant if the only thing we talked about in here was the ice climbers. At the end of the day, this is both a discussion thread and a social thread, and therefore talking about our interests, having banter etc. are part of what makes the thread so welcoming and what stops it ever getting stagnant.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It is the ice climbers thread, yes, but this thread would be pretty stagnant if the only thing we talked about in here was the ice climbers. At the end of the day, this is both a discussion thread and a social thread, and therefore talking about our interests, having banter etc. are part of what makes the thread so welcoming and what stops it ever getting stagnant.
Ya seriously, I see no reason why we can't go off topic, and have some fun while we wait.

I'm all outta IC topics guys!

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
I've just realised I'm dead because ROBnWatch killed my doctor :/

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Sorry guys...

I can take you guys to the Onett hospital if you'd like...

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
It seems I'm not the only one here who's dead. The thread is too :/

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
It seems I'm not the only one here who's dead. The thread is too :/
Oh you're still dead? Have this:

Feel better?

On topic, I don't know how the K Rool guys keep it going like that. They're on like, 1,000 plus pages, and there's no sign of slowing down. Whereas we haven't even broke a hundred, and can't think of anything to say. Crazy.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I think that's more of because they've got to talk about everything on K. Rool. How would he work? What will his moveset be? Will he do this? Will he do that?

Whereas we've pretty much got everything set in stone, we just need the character.

Also, why the heck are you giving him a one up mushroom? We're the ICies thread!!! We eat vegetables that we find on mountains (and there are no 1-up mushrooms on mountains)!!!

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think that's more of because they've got to talk about everything on K. Rool. How would he work? What will his moveset be? Will he do this? Will he do that?

Whereas we've pretty much got everything set in stone, we just need the character.

Also, why the heck are you giving him a one up mushroom? We're the ICies thread!!! We eat vegetables that we find on mountains (and there are no 1-up mushrooms on mountains)!!!
I don't think there are shotguns and dead Marios on mountains either, but yet here they are.:awesome:

I think we tend to just brush aside, or at least, quickly run through topics w/o actually discussing them. I mean, when we were talking about the Sopo moveset, that discussion lasted for like, a page. We never fully ran through if "Sprite Climbers" on the 3DS could work, either. I don't know why, maybe these are just touchy topics around here, but everything always seems to lead up to us cursing the name of the 3DS version like crotchety old men, while I think that, if we really do love these characters, we need to be a little more flexible in our expectations.

Also, I'd like to see more fan art. We need to start treating this thread like a newcomer thread. Maybe it'll actually get it a bigger following then.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Really? Go back and check the Summit stage. I think I left Mario's body and a Super Scope back there...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
August had next to nothing and September is even more of a drought not even getting anything extra. Just fake leaks. I mean, we don't really have any legitimate news besides the New 3DS regular is getting an American release. Other than that it's just fake leaks. But there seems to already be speculation on Smash 5 newcomers and I'm convinced it will be very hype.
Joke video. I would totally main the Temple stage though.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol. I think I'm the only being on Earth that doesn't like Temple much.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
I'm not too big on the Temple stage tbh.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Omega Temple is fine, yes. But normal Temple is just way too big. Ping pong around the stage the entire time, hard to get kills, you're sometimes battling in the same spot for a minute and a half. And the music for it back in Brawl was nothing more than "Eh.". At least it's got more/better music this time, but there's still a lot of problems in the normal form of the stage for me.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So, you guys got any cute fan art or headcanons to share?
Would you be okay if Ice Climbers showed up in a speaking role?
What other IC representation can we get in Smash (trophies, music, be creative)?
What changes would you like to be made to the original IC game, if any?
I'll answer later, but these are topics to discuss, no?

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I actually like the temple stage and it's music I also like the 3ds version but I'm not sure if I can say that here.
About ice climbers, my favorite of the solutions that people suggest is sprite climbers since they don't need to change their gameplay

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So, you guys got any cute fan art or headcanons to share?
Would you be okay if Ice Climbers showed up in a speaking role?
What other IC representation can we get in Smash (trophies, music, be creative)?
What changes would you like to be made to the original IC game, if any?
I'll answer later, but these are topics to discuss, no?
Playable Speedo Bear, Condor costume for Ridley when he does.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the temple stage and it's music I also like the 3ds version but I'm not sure if I can say that here.
About ice climbers, my favorite of the solutions that people suggest is sprite climbers since they don't need to change their gameplay
The issue, unfortunately, is not the graphics. Since Nana essentially counts as a separate character when the IC are playing, the 3DS doesn't seem to have been able to handle so many characters at the same time. At least, that's what I've heard others say regarding the "why can't we just make them sprites?" thing.

I wouldn't mind if the IC spoke. Silent heroes are kind of boring, and I've never really been into that.

@ FunAtParties FunAtParties Speedo Bear for Smash 4 DLC. I'll prepare the thread. Who needs the actual Ice Climbers? :troll:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The issue, unfortunately, is not the graphics. Since Nana essentially counts as a separate character when the IC are playing, the 3DS doesn't seem to have been able to handle so many characters at the same time. At least, that's what I've heard others say regarding the "why can't we just make them sprites?" thing.
I would think that making their models simpler would help their case more than people think. Once again, I have no background on this stuff, but seeing that he tried to get them working by removing bones, I would think making them the simplest models in the game would help immensely.

@ FunAtParties FunAtParties Speedo Bear for Smash 4 DLC. I'll prepare the thread. Who needs the actual Ice Climbers? :troll:
I'd honestly like to see it, wonder how many people would tag along? We need to give him a name though, I feel like he's a Steve.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ness was the one character of the main four in EarthBound that didn't talk. AT. ALL. And look how well that game did once it came to the virtual console. Characters that don't talk don't make any part of their game bad. It's the story the game tells and/or how memorable it is. That's what makes a good game.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ness was the one character of the main four in EarthBound that didn't talk. AT. ALL. And look how well that game did once it came to the virtual console. Characters that don't talk don't make any part of their game bad. It's the story the game tells and/or how memorable it is. That's what makes a good game.
It's not like it hurts. The silent protagonist thing is cool and everything, but it's played out. I'd love to see the IC's talk, Sakurai did a good job with Kid Icarus, I'm sure he'd figure out the right voices for Nana and Popo.

Top Bottom