• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
According to the miiverse fan website for Smash.
You have to K.O your rival 4 times in Rival smash.............
It's Ridiculously hard with all these morons running around:4mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
I broke a bootleg gamecube controller because of it.
Please don't say you have to kill him 4 times in one match.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You do.

I had good results with :4rob::4diddy:.
Of course you had good results with :4rob:. He's :4rob: for Pete's sake!

Ugh...Nintendo hates me...

1. ICies are gone and were low priority once technical difficulties were found (aka, they gave up on them)
2. Still no Gyromite/Stack-Up stage for R.O.B.
3. All I see on the G&W thread is that he was severely nerfed. But that's a conversation for once I get the game and play as him and for the G&W thread only...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Of course you had good results with :4rob:. He's :4rob: for Pete's sake!

Ugh...Nintendo hates me...

1. ICies are gone and were low priority once technical difficulties were found (aka, they gave up on them)
2. Still no Gyromite/Stack-Up stage for R.O.B.
3. All I see on the G&W thread is that he was severely nerfed. But that's a conversation for once I get the game and play as him and for the G&W thread only...
You think they hate you.......
I lost my 3 top mains.....
Holding on to every straw I can grasp.
Longing for DLC.
I have taken it upon myself to main all of these now.
:4ness::4falcon::4fox::4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4pacman::4link::4dedede::4darkpit::4myfriends::4lucario::4rob::4shulk::4tlink::4villager::4megaman::4wario2::4ganondorf:
But nothing will ever... and I mean EVER compare to my 3 bundles of constant joy.:lucas::popo::wolf:

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You think they hate you.......
I lost my 3 top mains.....
Holding on to every straw I can grasp.
Longing for DLC.
I have taken it upon myself to main all of these now.
:4ness::4falcon::4fox::4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4pacman::4link::4dedede::4darkpit::4myfriends::4lucario::4rob::4shulk::4tlink::4villager::4megaman::4wario2::4ganondorf:
But nothing will ever... and I mean EVER compare to my 3 bundles of constant joy.:lucas::popo::wolf:
YUSH! R.O.B.'s on the list!

Till we all have more info. on DLC possibilities, why don't we take up some good discussion...

What made you start maining the ICies?

My answer: They were among my top 10, and once I started to like their playstyle even more, they became my third favorite character, alongside R.O.B. and G&W. Plus, victory theme. Need I say more?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Till we all have more info. on DLC possibilities, why don't we take up some good discussion...

My answer: They were among my top 10, and once I started to like their playstyle even more, they became my third favorite character, alongside R.O.B. and G&W. Plus, victory theme. Need I say more?
I love Snow I absolutely adore it. When I seen them in their little fuzzy jackets I just awww'd for a good while (and those voices :3)
I loved them from the very second I picked there strategy up plus their stages and victory themes man :D
Such great characters :)
Speaking of them did you here.
This guy is supposedly discontinued in amiibo form :4villager:
Which mean no :popo:
Unless I build fro scratch which If my skills can handle should be done by their 30th.
By the way I might alter Nana but I need thoughts first.

Slightly more feminine but I want opinions man :D

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Add me to the support list! c:

I was a victim of the cutting, too. I lost 4 mains.

Akira213

Smash Cadet

I really enjoy characters with Ice aesthetics (something we have none of now) and I found their move set really unique and interesting. Marth was my secondary so I just main him in Smash 4, I haven't really picked up a #2 as of yet, perhaps because part of me is hoping for the IC to return. Of course, if that does ever happen its probably at least a year or more away.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591

I was 8 years old when I first played smash. I knew not much characters since I was new to the world of gaming back then.
There were only a couple characters I knew: the Mario characters, the Pokemon characters and the Ice Climbers (first game I've ever played).
So I tried the ones I knew first. The Ice Climbers were the ones I was best with.
I picked them always when against my friends and I've won everytime.
But now is the time I have to lose again thanks to the 3ds.
I really need them back.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
It's Ridiculously hard with all these morons running around:4mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Finally got that trophy.
That picture when you complete the challange just makes me so angry for some reason.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I love Snow I absolutely adore it. When I seen them in their little fuzzy jackets I just awww'd for a good while (and those voices :3)
I loved them from the very second I picked there strategy up plus their stages and victory themes man :D
Such great characters :)
Speaking of them did you here.
This guy is supposedly discontinued in amiibo form :4villager:
Which mean no :popo:
Unless I build fro scratch which If my skills can handle should be done by their 30th.
By the way I might alter Nana but I need thoughts first.

Slightly more feminine but I want opinions man :D
Why'd they discontinue :4villager: amiibo?

Add me to the support list! c:

I was a victim of the cutting, too. I lost 4 mains.
Sorry for your losses.

I love how everyone on there is complaining about ICies not making the cut, they don't acknowledge what it's actually about. Listen to the fans, Nintendo!

Finally got that trophy.
That picture when you complete the challange just makes me so angry for some reason.
What's the picture like?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Finally got that trophy.
That picture when you complete the challenge just makes me so angry for some reason.
Wait what cut character trophies do you have to unlock through challenges,
I'm pretty sure Wolf is random and can be purchased in the shop,
Lucas is purchasable in the shop,but I didn't have enough coins
No clue on the Pokemon, Mewtwo is random.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I love how everyone on there is complaining about ICies not making the cut, they don't acknowledge what it's actually about. Listen to the fans, Nintendo!
I've seen people complaining on videos of Star Wolf themes and Mother 3 songs as well, Listen to the fans. Add back all 3,
:wolf::lucas::popo:many will shut up and be happy.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've seen people complaining on videos of Star Wolf themes and Mother 3 songs as well, Listen to the fans. Add back all 3,
:wolf::lucas::popo:many will shut up and be happy.

Ya, I mean, once Charizard was confirmed it was guaranteed no Pokémon Trainer, and after Pac-Man I think everyone realized 3 3rd-party characters is enough, meaning Snake was gone. Those were really the only two that a lot of people thought were gone. I just think everyone got a rude awakening when ICies, Wolf, and Lucas were deconfirmed. And because nobody truly expected them gone, everyone is asking why they're gone and is practically demanding them back (our two Melee eskimos in particular).

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I had the hardest time with this, then I tried Kirby. Instead of trying to engage the rival directly, I just floated around and sniped him with Stone, which he did a very poor job at dodging. Then I just threw in the occasional follow up attack and used the items when I could.I was able to get 5 KOs this way, and I could barely get 2 with anyone else.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
No paid dlc planned. I wonder if dlc is free, and amiibos sales help pay for making dlc characters?
Would be nice, could potentially bring back all the vets, and still make a profit.

Akira213

Smash Cadet
Who have you guys moved on to, as far as mains are concerned? I've been unable to find anyone I enjoy as much as IC, its a bit depressing. Right now I'm just playing Marth because he was always my secondary.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Who have you guys moved on to, as far as mains are concerned? I've been unable to find anyone I enjoy as much as IC, its a bit depressing. Right now I'm just playing Marth because he was always my secondary.
I use Dedede as my main, but I'm not as good with him as with IC.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
This might be interesting for Ice Climbers fans: http://smashboards.com/threads/saku...originally-planned-for-melee-and-more.382341/ (Make sure you read my post on that thread...)

Seems like 8-player Smash pushes the Wii U to its limits and could have been another reason to exclude them.

Really looks like things weren't in the Ice Climbers' favor for this game...
I must question the 8-player thing though.
Seeing how the gamecube could handle 6 of them at once (being 12 eskimos at once)

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
This might be interesting for Ice Climbers fans: http://smashboards.com/threads/saku...originally-planned-for-melee-and-more.382341/ (Make sure you read my post on that thread...)

Seems like 8-player Smash pushes the Wii U to its limits and could have been another reason to exclude them.

Really looks like things weren't in the Ice Climbers' favor for this game...
Sakurai said that Ice Climbers worked just fine on the wii u version. With how smoothly 8-player smash actually is I could assume that Ice Climbers might be just at limit, or they would have made it so that you can't have 8 Ice Climbers at the same time.
Otherwise Sakurai was lying about the Ice Climbers for no reason.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I must question the 8-player thing though.
Seeing how the gamecube could handle 6 of them at once (being 12 eskimos at once)
Which is probably why it wasn't added in Melee.

Thus meaning that if the Climbers weren't cut for 8-Player previously, they wouldn't have been cut for the mode in this title neither. Meaning the 3DS version is more than likely the sole reason as to why they had to be cut.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So I got their amiibo base/proto-type finished.
I could post a picture if enough of you want to see.
Me too.

I'm staying true to my Retro Trio (even though I don't have the game yet, and it's more of a Retro Double now). So I've still got R.O.B. and G&W as mains, even though I'm not exactly sure how well they play this time around. Looking forward to playing as Greninja, he might possibly become one of my mains.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
:popo:

:4ness:
:4fox::4falcon:
:4pacman::4dedede::4shulk:
:4tlink::4luigi::4yoshi::4peach:
:4myfriends::4rob::4villager::4megaman::4darkpit:
:rosalina::4jigglypuff::4drmario::4wiifit::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
So I posted my "mains" in a prism type effect as you can see the three at thee top are insta mains if added through DLC.
Which I will fully believe until the end
Also notice they go from left :4rob:< :4dedede:>:4ganondorf: Just an aesthetic ;)

Me too.

I'm staying true to my Retro Trio (even though I don't have the game yet, and it's more of a Retro Double now). So I've still got R.O.B. and G&W as mains, even though I'm not exactly sure how well they play this time around. Looking forward to playing as Greninja, he might possibly become one of my mains.
I shall have it up soon :)
I would like to see the children
Will do sir :D
Pictures of the little Eskimos should come soon the only thing I have done is crafted them (not painted yet)
And they are also quite the size for the stand from what my boxed Mario can show :)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
:popo:

:4ness:
:4fox::4falcon:
:4pacman::4dedede::4shulk:
:4tlink::4luigi::4yoshi::4peach:
:4myfriends::4rob::4villager::4megaman::4darkpit:
:rosalina::4jigglypuff::4drmario::4wiifit::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
So I posted my "mains" in a prism type effect as you can see the three at thee top are insta mains if added through DLC.
Which I will fully believe until the end
Also notice they go from left :4rob:< :4dedede:>:4ganondorf: Just an aesthetic ;)

I shall have it up soon :)

Will do sir :D
Pictures of the little Eskimos should come soon the only thing I have done is crafted them (not painted yet)
And they are also quite the size for the stand from what my boxed Mario can show :)
Why don't you wait until Christmas to post the ICies picture? I think that'd be a lot cooler and a bit more appropriate. But if you want to upload it sooner, it doesn't make much of a difference to me. :)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know what would be a great christmas present? The Ice Climbers as DLC (then add Rayman, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and a RH rep)
(and maybe Snake)

then we will all be happy

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You know what would be a great christmas present? The Ice Climbers as DLC (then add Rayman, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and a RH rep)
(and maybe Snake)

then we will all be happy
I've said this way too many times...

If ICies were to be DLC this close to Christmas, I'm pretty sure we'd know about it by now. Otherwise, I just think it's too early. The 3DS problems caused them to be out of the game, meaning it couldn't handle them. I would think it takes more than just a few weeks/months after the game's release to fix these problems. Regardless, it would be neat if we got them as a Christmas "present", but I just think the timing is off and because of that I think it's unrealistic. Perhaps closer to their 30th anniversary? Or maybe they start working on them right before Mewtwo is released? But I don't think we'll be getting them now. Later, definitely. Now, uh...no. Sorry guys, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Top Bottom