• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
On top of that, ROB doesn't have a stage either.
Well, I suppose he could get a DLC stage, but the ICies music is already in Wrecking Crew. Is it possible to take music out of a stage and put it onto a DLC stage? If not then I'm really unsure as to if we'll get an ICies stage, but it's probable we'll eventually get ICies back, even without a stage.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Well, I suppose he could get a DLC stage, but the ICies music is already in Wrecking Crew. Is it possible to take music out of a stage and put it onto a DLC stage? If not then I'm really unsure as to if we'll get an ICies stage, but it's probable we'll eventually get ICies back, even without a stage.
Which version of Icle mountain plays on wrecking crew? Because there also the chance we get a SSB4 Remix :)

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So...the full character select screen is the same as the 3ds........
No Wolf which ticks me off because no one will show the damn codecs that he will most likely appear in plus you know it might hint at his return.
No Lucas which just tears apart at me.... I mean the Love song :'( That hurts Sakurai it really does.
And no ice climbers. Where and what happened to their render art, Stage, Eggplant emblem, Entire character and Potential Ammibo.
If they come back on their 30th anniversary I will be most pleased at least one main and I will cry tears of joys :')

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
So...the full character select screen is the same as the 3ds........
No Wolf which ticks me off because no one will show the damn codecs that he will most likely appear in plus you know it might hint at his return.
No Lucas which just tears apart at me.... I mean the Love song :'( That hurts Sakurai it really does.
And no ice climbers. Where and what happened to their render art, Stage, Eggplant emblem, Entire character and Potential Ammibo.
If they come back on their 30th anniversary I will be most pleased at least one main and I will cry tears of joys :')
It doesn't help that Porky's Theme And The Love theme is on Onett.......
ON A SEPERATE NOTE! FLAT ZONE 2 CONFIRMED TO BE RETURING IN THE WII U VERSION! :gova:

Here's the Onett/Winters Theme which might help the situation :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, it's no surprise it's the same as the 3DS. It's been confirmed it would be. And let's keep this about the Ice Climbers. Take Wolf and Lucas discussion to the appropriate threads.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Honestly, it's no surprise it's the same as the 3DS. It's been confirmed it would be. And let's keep this about the Ice Climbers. Take Wolf and Lucas discussion to the appropriate threads.
Yeah, we tend to go off the subject a lot.

Anyone think we'll be seeing more trophies from their franchise, because the 3ds version's trophies were especially from handheld games with some exceptions?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It doesn't help that Porky's Theme And The Love theme is on Onett.......
ON A SEPERATE NOTE! FLAT ZONE 2 CONFIRMED TO BE RETURING IN THE WII U VERSION! :gova:

Here's the Onett/Winters Theme which might help the situation :p
Yes Flat Zone 2 is back! G&W representation!

Yeah, we tend to go off the subject a lot.

Anyone think we'll be seeing more trophies from their franchise, because the 3ds version's trophies were especially from handheld games with some exceptions?
Well the original Ice Climber WAS a console game...I can see us getting at lest 5 trophies to represent ICies on Wii U version. Remember how Animal Crossing had so many trophies in Brawl, and a stage, and no character representation? I think this will happen with ICies. And I do think that they're chance of being announced DLC on their anniversary is getting higher, albeit slowly but surely.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
Yes Flat Zone 2 is back! G&W representation!

Well the original Ice Climber WAS a console game...I can see us getting at lest 5 trophies to represent ICies on Wii U version. Remember how Animal Crossing had so many trophies in Brawl, and a stage, and no character representation? I think this will happen with ICies. And I do think that they're chance of being announced DLC on their anniversary is getting higher, albeit slowly but surely.
5 trophies could be: Ice Climbers, Polar bear, Topi, Condor and vegtables.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Ice Climbers became DLC down the road, once the initial hype dies, and the expectation to keep both versions roster the same drops.

I think they probably have a working model for them, tested it, and it didn't work on the 3DS.
None the less that model is still created and in existence at Nintendo.

I think eventually they'll just add Ice Climbers into the Wii U version because they'll want to beef up some DLC package or something and will think "Well we have a model already done for Ice Climbers, but can't use it on 3DS, meh it's been long enough we can change up the rosters."

My theory any how.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Ice Climbers became DLC down the road, once the initial hype dies, and the expectation to keep both versions roster the same drops.

I think they probably have a working model for them, tested it, and it didn't work on the 3DS.
None the less that model is still created and in existence at Nintendo.

I think eventually they'll just add Ice Climbers into the Wii U version because they'll want to beef up some DLC package or something and will think "Well we have a model already done for Ice Climbers, but can't use it on 3DS, meh it's been long enough we can change up the rosters."

My theory any how.
I still think Sakurai went through way too much work to just say "ech, nope just cut them"
It must have hurt him to say "this is going to be extremely hard to let go these two original veterans but for equality's sake.
Your probably right though they will be back :)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I still think Sakurai went through way too much work to just say "ech, nope just cut them"
It must have hurt him to say "this is going to be extremely hard to let go these two original veterans but for equality's sake.
Your probably right though they will be back :)
Ya. I mean...a working model of them on Smash Wii U that fully worked (including in 8-player Smash)?!?! That musta took a good load of time. I'm sure Sakurai is pretty upset with the limitations of the 3DS himself, I mean, geez, they were working on one system (which took good time), but then to try to get them to work on the other version (took good time + some extra because I'm sure they didn't immediately stop), and then to just completely scrap them? That musta been hard. I really hope we see ICies down the road on Smash Wii U, because it's possible that they don't HAVE to be on the 3DS DLC. It is possible for them to be Wii U exclusive DLC, which I think makes the most sense, if they're not already working on the problems they had with them on the 3DS which, in that case, depending on the results of how well they work on the 3DS, could mean that they're both version DLC SOON, both version DLC LATER, or Wii U exclusive DLC. Hope all that made sense...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Ya. I mean...a working model of them on Smash Wii U that fully worked (including in 8-player Smash)?!?! That musta took a good load of time. I'm sure Sakurai is pretty upset with the limitations of the 3DS himself, I mean, geez, they were working on one system (which took good time), but then to try to get them to work on the other version (took good time + some extra because I'm sure they didn't immediately stop), and then to just completely scrap them? That musta been hard. I really hope we see ICies down the road on Smash Wii U, because it's possible that they don't HAVE to be on the 3DS DLC. It is possible for them to be Wii U exclusive DLC, which I think makes the most sense, if they're not already working on the problems they had with them on the 3DS which, in that case, depending on the results of how well they work on the 3DS, could mean that they're both version DLC SOON, both version DLC LATER, or Wii U exclusive DLC. Hope all that made sense...
I really hope they do the announcement for their 30th even if I have to wait till E3 I would be more that happy just to have my mind at rest.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I really hope they do the announcement for their 30th even if I have to wait till E3 I would be more that happy just to have my mind at rest.
Heard that. As long as ICies are there, the game is practically 10/10.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'd give anything for their Unique play style back :'(
These two can not fix the pain.:4duckhunt::rosalina:
Especially :4duckhunt:. Stupid flipping dog, horrible idea. He's probably the 1 joke character that I don't like...

And you can't even compare :rosalina: to :popo:. They're two completely separate ideas.

Sm4sher69

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-3958-0591
I'd give anything for their Unique play style back :'(
These two can not fix the pain.:4duckhunt::rosalina:
I don't get why people said :rosalina: and:4duckhunt: are their replacements.
:rosalina: is more comparable to :4olimar: and :4duckhunt: does not even consist out of two fighters since the duck is pretty much attached to the dog's body.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I wish I could convince Nintendo to make an Ice Climbers Amiibo even if the Ice Climbers never come back as DLC.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
So people are already extracting models and textures from Smash 4, I wonder how long it'll take for them to add in characters.

I'd laugh so much if a modder put in Ice Climbers and they ran perfectly fine

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So people are already extracting models and textures from Smash 4, I wonder how long it'll take for them to add in characters.

I'd laugh so much if a modder put in Ice Climbers and they ran perfectly fine
Heh heh.

I'm still thinking we've got IC DLC later on down the road, maybe sooner than we think. I'll bet there is a stock of ICies amiibos somewhere in Nintendo. That plus the fact that Nintendo does have a working model of ICies...I think the chances are about 70% to 30%, 70% being they're back as DLC.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Heh heh.

I'm still thinking we've got IC DLC later on down the road, maybe sooner than we think. I'll bet there is a stock of ICies amiibos somewhere in Nintendo. That plus the fact that Nintendo does have a working model of ICies...I think the chances are about 70% to 30%, 70% being they're back as DLC.
It would be stupid not to put them in.
I mean why scrap all that data.
Plus I mean Wobbles is going to be P****d
It be easier than making a newcomer that's for sure.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It would be stupid not to put them in.
I mean why scrap all that data.
Plus I mean Wobbles is going to be P****d
It be easier than making a newcomer that's for sure.
It's not like he's already mad.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Tbh, Sakurai said that they were low priority to get Sm4sh on the shelves as quickly as possible, so now that they have the extra time and resources to spend on them I can see them trying to work out how to get them onto the 3ds.

I'd laugh if they were a hidden character in the WiiU version after all and people just haven't discovered them due to tryouts of the game having their memories reset every ten minutes.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
It's not like he's already mad.
Tbh, Sakurai said that they were low priority to get Sm4sh on the shelves as quickly as possible, so now that they have the extra time and resources to spend on them I can see them trying to work out how to get them onto the 3ds.

I'd laugh if they were a hidden character in the WiiU version after all and people just haven't discovered them due to tryouts of the game having their memories reset every ten minutes.
I wish but due to review copies the final roster is exactly the same :'(
Maybe there will be an update for the lock on content ?
But that's really pushing it.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Well review copies aren't allowed to show Wii U exclusive hidden content, but even still that doesn't mean Ice Climbers are in.

Maybe DLC in the future like Mewtwo, hopefully Lucas and Wolf follow too

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Well review copies aren't allowed to show Wii U exclusive hidden content, but even still that doesn't mean Ice Climbers are in.

Maybe DLC in the future like Mewtwo, hopefully Lucas and Wolf follow too
While I wish this was true the Full Roster has been shown and the completed All star screen.
If they somehow are in there maybe through a day 1 update will burst into many tears of joy.
I would their amiibo just to unlock them if I had to.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

People have made special orders and some have already gotten the game (Gamexplain, Let'sPlay etc.). Sadly, I haven't seen anyone with ICies yet. I don't think they're WUE/3DLC.

While I wish this was true the Full Roster has been shown and the completed All star screen.
If they somehow are in there maybe through a day 1 update will burst into many tears of joy.
I would their amiibo just to unlock them if I had to.
That'd be a pretty cool way to get the hype up. But I don't think there's any way they won't be DLC for 3DS.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
People have made special orders and some have already gotten the game (Gamexplain, Let'sPlay etc.). Sadly, I haven't seen anyone with ICies yet. I don't think they're WUE/3DLC.

That'd be a pretty cool way to get the hype up. But I don't think there's any way they won't be DLC for 3DS.
Unless they are under an Embargo or you get a code through Nintendo's news letter/Club Nintendo.
I think that be cool if you registered both games simultaneously :D
Also any of you guys heard this little gem yet.

Top Bottom