• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I want a reboot, I was thinking about trying to start some sort of movement to get a voice heard, but I don't know where to start or how to start, I was thinking maybe Reddit.

I mean if fans are vocal enough, I'm sure Nintendo would see, I mean it happened with Fire Emblem, Earthbound and Kid Icarus right?
Of course, it definitely is possible. I think the only obstacle the series has is getting someone to pick it up. I mean, if it weren't for Sakurai picking up Kid Icarus, the series probably would have stayed dead...

Furret24

Smash Master
I want a reboot, I was thinking about trying to start some sort of movement to get a voice heard, but I don't know where to start or how to start, I was thinking maybe Reddit.

I mean if fans are vocal enough, I'm sure Nintendo would see, I mean it happened with Fire Emblem, Earthbound and Kid Icarus right?
Earthbound didn't get a reboot. The first one just happened to be released a while back. The series is still dead.

Furret24

Smash Master
Earthbound didn't get a reboot, but a vocal cry got it over to the west (minus the 3rd one, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth)
That is true.

If you can, go play a translated room of Mother 3. It's a great game.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
EarthBound isn't dead. It's far from dead. It's got a strong fan base, whether you like it or not, or care about it or not. It may be smaller than others, but each one of us is made of steel.

Onto more oppressing matters...

It is the LAST DAY to cast your vote in the Ballot. Get your ICies votes in now!!! With just a bit more, we can conquer this mountain!

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
EarthBound isn't dead. It's far from dead. It's got a strong fan base, whether you like it or not, or care about it or not. It may be smaller than others, but each one of us is made of steel.

Onto more oppressing matters...

It is the LAST DAY to cast your vote in the Ballot. Get your ICies votes in now!!! With just a bit more, we can conquer this mountain!
I meant as in "the series is discontinued". It's fanbase is still strong to this day, that's undeniable. But the creator of the series stated that there will not be a Mother 4. It's kind of live Earthworm Jim. It's a series than has been officially ended, but is still popular even today (Though, to the extent of Mother).

In other news, October 3rd arrives in less than 2 hours where I live. I am so hyped right now.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Felt like posting this here, so.....here you go:
The wait for being confirmed is quite length, you know. Looks like the Icies are passing the time.
I hope the Ice Climbers are DLC, even if I don't think they will be.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK, I thought the Ballot ended today, as in we couldn't cast anymore votes. Guess I was wrong. Today is the last day, so everyone get your votes in!!!

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
OK, I thought the Ballot ended today, as in we couldn't cast anymore votes. Guess I was wrong. Today is the last day, so everyone get your votes in!!!
Heheh, I had a feeling today was going to be the last day. Fingers crossed and hopes high as always. Either way idc what happens, Sakurai is da boss. Smash community is cool. Falco is wrecking me after the patch. Is all good mang. Also the three character slots is pretty hype. I hope we're getting more pre-planned DLC. It'd be one of the many cases I'd be ecstatic that Sakurai changed his mind. (or lied, heheh)

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
As good as it is to get more IC votes in, I feel a little disappointed at having to wait an extra day for closure tbh. I want to find out if our efforts were enough sooner rather than later :/

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've submitted my final vote for the ICies. Lotta writing in that one 500 character limit box throughout the last 6 months. It's hard to come up with different things to say that many times without repeating yourself over and over. Maybe I'll throw in some random vote for a newcomer I want before the end of the day. But I of course want ICies over anything. Hopefully we'll know by tomorrow whether or efforts were all worth it. And hopefully, they were.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So it's October 4th and the Fighter Ballot page is still up, albeit the first few hours of the "day." I just need to see some kind of change to at least assure me that something has changed. Still hoping for some reassuring yet spoiler free information.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
8:04 am EST time, Ballot is still up.

I'll bet they forgot about it and didn't take it down yet. Lol.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
I mean, they have no use for the sub-domain anymore. They probably just stopped checking it after the ballot closed, or they disconnected their vote-processing system

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, it's still up even now. They probably just didn't bother removing it or something, and all votes from here on out aren't going to count towards anything.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Come on IC news. If these guys, Wolf, and Ylink are in, I will be happy. After that, they can add whoever else they want.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
ICies get in first, and Wolf as well (since I believe he should've been brought back in the first place), then add whoever the heck you want, as long as the character fits in Smash (meaning no Shreks or Gokus or stupid as heck characters).

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm serious about Shrek. I don't find him a necessity, but at this point, I'd rather have him than another Fire Emblem or Mario character.

But back to Ice Climbers discussion. Anyone else hope they show up in some other games besides Smash? I'd love to their parkas and snow shoes as DLC gear in Splatoon around Christmastime, or see them as Mario Kart DLC sometime down the road.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
To each their own I guess.... I feel like Shrek is taking it too far.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I'm being completely serious.

Either i'm really starved of new content or want to troll on FG with him. I dunno.

I'm sorry.
:gawmelee:
I'm serious about Shrek. I don't find him a necessity, but at this point, I'd rather have him than another Fire Emblem or Mario character.

But back to Ice Climbers discussion. Anyone else hope they show up in some other games besides Smash? I'd love to their parkas and snow shoes as DLC gear in Splatoon around Christmastime, or see them as Mario Kart DLC sometime down the road.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
How cool would it be for the next Mario Kart DLC to bring back Double Dash with a Double Dash mode, and Nana and Popo to be the characters to signify it's return? I think that'd be really hype.

Furret24

Smash Master
How cool would it be for the next Mario Kart DLC to bring back Double Dash with a Double Dash mode, and Nana and Popo to be the characters to signify it's return? I think that'd be really hype.
No thanks. I'm not a fan of the Double Dash mechanic. It's one of the primary reasons as to why it's one of my least favorite MK games.

I would however like to see them in a kart racing game from Nintendo, along with other Nintendo characters.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
No thanks. I'm not a fan of the Double Dash mechanic. It's one of the primary reasons as to why it's one of my least favorite MK games.

I would however like to see them in a kart racing game from Nintendo, along with other Nintendo characters.
It'd just be an extra mode for DLC, dude. Why do you gotta **** on all my dreams?:crying:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
OR Nana & Popo could be the Double Dash drivers by themselves with the unique ability to hold two weapons! lol nah, your idea is better.

Furret24 Furret24 get out. lol jk but what did you think of the stages compared to other games?

Furret24

Smash Master
OR Nana & Popo could be the Double Dash drivers by themselves with the unique ability to hold two weapons! lol nah, your idea is better.

Furret24 Furret24 get out. lol jk but what did you think of the stages compared to other games?
I liked them. The tracks were a big highlight for me. Especially the Yoshi track with the Super secret shortcut.

I just don't care for the Double Dash mechanic.

It's also the only Mario Kart game that I never fully completed. I guess I just sucks at the game. Which is a shame, since King Boo is my favorite MK character to play as. :/

PS: DS and 8 are my favorites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom