• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sure. But remember if you want something in front of players I need another image of the same size with it in the correct place, and everything else white.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
@KuroBit: omg, nice stages you did :3
Suppose I made this nice model....

Would any Mother 3 fans make this into a character for SSBB? I am none too computer savvy, so I cant make this puppy for myself, but it would be bloody awesome to see one of these in Brawl. Plus, I would like to share my joy with the rest of humanity if at all possible. Come PM me if you are interested. I'd like to see what you think.
wow that was perfect 8D

some one need do make one guide to import any models to brawl or did I missed something? xD

n64billy

Smash Ace
Also, I drew a stage and scanned it into the computer :p

[KICK ARSE PICTURE]

Didn't come out as nice as the original drawing, but it works...

EDIT: Updated the image, looks a bit nicer now.
That looks fantastic! Great work..... I want to make my own 2D Stage now! :3

EDIT: Ok, so I have a copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.... anyone mind sharing how I could go through and rip out these so called compatible files? If not, hey, I've always got a new game to play :)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
First of all, the height and width of your image your using needs to be a number you can get from multiplying 1 by 2 multiple times (I'm sure there's a name for these...).What I mean, is a number like 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc...

Second of all, your image needs to be CI8 (or CI4?) format. For your palette, if you want your images to be transparent, choose RGB5A3, otherwise use RGB565. I don't think the number of colors matter, so just pick the lowest amount of colors where your image still looks good (saves space the lower it is). I'm not sure if MIP levels effect anything, but if it's not working try setting it to 1.
Wait, it has to be a power of two? And CI8 format? My Kaboola sprite is saved as 100x100, and I couldn't get it to work properly in BrawlBox when it was CI8, so I changed it to RGB5A3. Is that okay?

Well, I won't worry about it. If it doesn't work in game I can always fix it up. Plus, my problem was solved by Kryal with attaching collision to a bone.

EDIT: And, just for clarification, is the TransN bone the one we move in animations?

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Dang, this is amazing! Custom stages? AND they're 2D?? Having stages in 2D just makes it that moar ossim! I mean, come on, if you're gonna play Brawl for the fun of teh h4x, 2D stages are a MUST. I'm SOOO making my own :3

Is there a link for that N64 Hyrule Castle?

EDIT:
I added stage music to the .zip file, but if you just want the stage, just go into the pf/stage/melee/ folder and it's right there:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzojy1ymmjm
^ Is this it?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Castle Dedede v1 Download

KNOWN ISSUES: The points for Pokemon Trainer and Olimar's Final smash have not been fixed yet. Kaboola does not animate yet, so right now she is a static platform(to be changed).

Please post any other issues you guys may have, since I haven't had the chance to properly test this yet(my brother is using the Wii right now, and even then I don't think I can test till tonight).
So yeah. I'm pretty much done except for these minor things.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
That pigmask model is amazing! Would you be interested in making a Geno model?

Also, dl for hyrule temple 2D please. : ]

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
With 2D hacks, I could probably rip any stage in mugen and apply it here (hopefully, cuz I feel like a level 2 pkmn on the Hacking Department)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Yep you could, just remember to edit the collision to match it properly.

I'm really eager to see how my stage worked out. I'll screw around with it later but it could be helpful to know if there's anything else I have to fix before I test it out.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Wow, those 2D stages are surprisingly awesome. I'm trying to make a stage of my own, but I can't get it to load...

I'm trying to make it the Landmaster driving across a grassy plain. I have the tank model, textures and collisions in, but it crashes. Can someone take a look at it?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/STGFINAL.PAC

And is it possible to add collisions to characters? I doubt it, but still...

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
These are my 3 great fox stages:

Venom (xD)

I was planning to make my own version, and so the shown here is in the universe and replaces corneria, mine is in Venom and replaces wifiwaitingroom, so no arwings and no shots, but no bugs

Credits to digiholic and hotdogturtle for the original version, from which I have taken collision data and spawn points

Sector Z 64

These are the background in smash bros 64's sectorz and the original Z from the stage selection in Starfox 64. The great fox is bigger than in corneria (trying to be the same as smash 64), the stage replaces wifi waiting room too (because of the same as Venom)

New Great Fox

Not much to say, I have grabbed this one from the toy collection, resized it, and made playable

I'm to see which background I give, this could be an alternative version of sector Z, so I could use the original Z again on the universe from lylat cruise, I'll see that later
O.O New Great Fox looks epic! Is there a download for it anywhere? I must haz XD

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Sector Z 64

These are the background in smash bros 64's sectorz and the original Z from the stage selection in Starfox 64. The great fox is bigger than in corneria (trying to be the same as smash 64), the stage replaces wifi waiting room too (because of the same as Venom)
Oh my gawd. This is too good. Download now... please. DX

New Great Fox

Not much to say, I have grabbed this one from the toy collection, resized it, and made playable

I'm to see which background I give, this could be an alternative version of sector Z, so I could use the original Z again on the universe from lylat cruise, I'll see that later
Ooh, this is sweet. As for the background, perhaps you should use something from Katina. It made me think of Katina right away. XD

Anyway, while patiently waiting a way to make the PokePark Wii models work, I've decided to work on SSB64 Party Hat Pikachu models (unless someone else already started). However, the problem is, Pikachu's existing hats (whether it's the red Ash one, the blue goggles, or the green headband) are part of Pika's main model, while Jigglypuff's sleeping cap (which I'm going to use as the model for the party hats, with some vertex-editing) is a seperate model from Jiggs herself. I'm probably going to have to use Pikachu's default costume, and find a way to add the hat to its model. I haven't figured out how *is probably still in the stone age of model hacking >.>*; anyone know how to do this?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
EDIT: I overlooked that Tails on Sonic thing o_o... Nice job LuigiMan.
LuigiMan didn't make that, Mr. Weegee did.

@L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s: Check the Fully New Character Archive.

EDIT: I just updated My Tutorial.
You should make a new thread for that.

In an hour or so I'll post pics of the stage I'm making.;)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Could someone please test my stage to make sure it doesn't have seizure inducing parts like the stage above?

I don't want to load the stage up to find myself blinded by flashing lights.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Hey, I keep hearing about "Model injecting." Does that mean that it is impossible to put Models into Brawl?
The Model Injector was what Pharrox was working on to put custom models in Brawl. Kryal is starting to work on a model rebuilder, which has the same end result, but uses a different method. RandomTBush is working on manually rebuilding the MDL0 file.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RandomTBush is currently working on it.
Yes, and right now I am SO CLOSE to getting it working.

I rebuilt Jigglypuff's MDL0 with Bill's hat now. It's not mirrored (though it is floating a bit -- I'll fix that later), the normals are good, and it ACTUALLY SHOWS UP IN BRAWLBOX THIS TIME.

BUT.

For some unknown reason, in-game it slows down to a crawl and only shows Jigglypuff's body -- no ears, no eyes, no hat.

What am I doing wrong? :(

One thing I will try later, though, is putting Jigglypuff's old hat data into the expanded/rebuilt MDL0, and see if it gives me the same results.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
And if that all works (glitch free) and works for whole models , then you'll create a program that does this for us?
I can write a tutorial, at least.

However, there will be something else I'll want to try. What I wanna do is try building an MDL0 from scratch, so that it'll have only the amount of nodes/strings I need, and I'll put one of the models I ripped from another game in as a trophy model (since I still haven't looked in to rigging).

Then I'll start learning how to make a program, and make all this work automated.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice going RandomT! We're rootin' for ya. I don't expect you to make a program though -- just getting this to work in the first place will be epic.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Yes, and right now I am SO CLOSE to getting it working.

I rebuilt Jigglypuff's MDL0 with Bill's hat now. It's not mirrored (though it is floating a bit -- I'll fix that later), the normals are good, and it ACTUALLY SHOWS UP IN BRAWLBOX THIS TIME.

BUT.

For some unknown reason, in-game it slows down to a crawl and only shows Jigglypuff's body -- no ears, no eyes, no hat.

What am I doing wrong? :(

One thing I will try later, though, is putting Jigglypuff's old hat data into the expanded/rebuilt MDL0, and see if it gives me the same results.
I will love you forever if you get this to work. Try and grab the bills hat from L4D rather than TF2 if you can. If not, I don't care this is freaking ****

EDIT: Is it possible the game could be slowing because Bill's Hat model is too hi quality for brawl?

ds22

Smash Lord
I can write a tutorial, at least.

However, there will be something else I'll want to try. What I wanna do is try building an MDL0 from scratch, so that it'll have only the amount of nodes/strings I need, and I'll put one of the models I ripped from another game in as a trophy model (since I still haven't looked in to rigging).

Then I'll start learning how to make a program, and make all this work automated.
I can do with a tutorial.
Will take a lot of my time, but I at least can understand such coding in hex.
A program however would be nice do.
You could ask someone to make one (or ask Kryal to add such feature in BrawlBox).

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
I can do with a tutorial.
Will take a lot of my time, but I at least can understand such coding in hex.
A program however would be nice do.
You could ask someone to make one (or ask Kryal to add such feature in BrawlBox).
haha brawl box will become god

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
hey does anyone know what a .fsys file is?
because im trying to extract models from pokemon battle revolution and i have no idea where to start with those
and if someone knows how to extract already please respond!
EDIT: so i found u can rip them with this: http://hcs64.com/vgm_ripping.html
(just press ctrl+f and type fsys)
but im not sure how to use it so can someone find out?
here's another link that's helpful: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=19759390

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I will love you forever if you get this to work. Try and grab the bills hat from L4D rather than TF2 if you can. If not, I don't care this is freaking ****

EDIT: Is it possible the game could be slowing because Bill's Hat model is too hi quality for brawl?
I don't have Left 4 Dead installed on my computer right now, otherwise I would've used the L4D version of the hat.

...and I doubt that it's because the hat's too high-quality. It has less than 1,000 faces and a (reduced to) 256x512 texture. Can't be the textures, because I was able to make higher-resolution textures (up to 1024x1024, haven't tried 2048x2048), and it can't be the poly count if other models can have well over 1,000 faces for a single polygon group.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I don't have Left 4 Dead installed on my computer right now, otherwise I would've used the L4D version of the hat.

...and I doubt that it's because the hat's too high-quality. It has less than 1,000 faces and a (reduced to) 256x512 texture. Can't be the textures, because I was able to make higher-resolution textures (up to 1024x1024, haven't tried 2048x2048), and it can't be the poly count if other models can have well over 1,000 faces for a single polygon group.
Hmm. Well, then I am at a loss. Also, if you want to make it look more L4D ish, just download the skin on FPSB, they have one to make it look more Billish

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hmm. Well, then I am at a loss. Also, if you want to make it look more L4D ish, just download the skin on FPSB, they have one to make it look more Billish
I think I'll stick to the real Bill's hat, which I will try to get working over the green team's Jigglypuff (the one with the sleep hat).

But first, I'll go re-download L4D on this computer. Won't be able to play it, but at least I can get the model.

Top Bottom