• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl problems on the Wii U

SkylerJb

Smash Rookie
Alright I'm in a bit of a pickle and at this point I'm a little lost on what to do. I'll try my best to sum up what is happening and what I've tried to do.

Originally my friends and I use to play Brawl on my friend's Wii. At first it work fine but overtime the game seems to suffer this strange 'skipping' issue. People who held a button (such a shield, special, charge smash, etc...) would suddenly stop without warning. At first it was barely noticeable but we've reach a point where character's who require a button to be held to be impossible to use.

Eventually I figure it was probably the whole Wii and Brawl's Dual Layer Disc issue or what not. I eventually got my Wii U and we play Brawl on it. The problem started IMMEDIATELY. Right away we were once again unable to hold the buttons down. At this point I was getting frustrated. I didn't have this problem with other Wii games so I was at lost on what the issue might be since it seems the Wii remotes work for other games.

So I figure at this point, unless the Wii U also has difficulties reading the Brawl disc, that it had to be Brawl disc itself. So I went ahead and bought myself a copy of Brawl and try with the game. At first things ran well and we play a few matches with no hiccups but once again the game started having slip ups. We couldn't hold down the shield, dash, special or whatever buttons without it stopping. It seems like if we hold the button things would go back and forth between working and not working. Shield would appear around the character, stop, then activate again.

So at this point I can only assume that it's not my remotes or my discs at this point but actually the Wii U being unable to read the disc properly. Anyone knows of this situation happening before or a way to fix this?

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, may be this could be due to the age of wii remotes if you've been using them in any form (sideways wiimote, wiichuck, wiimote+ccp). My roommate's Wii does that too and I find it annoying since I cannot do my ATs and shield when I need to. It also sometimes executes same commands like 2-3 times in a row which makes me really vulnerable. Anyways, the reason why I am suggesting this is because my new system and new wiimote that came along with it works fine even on HD screen TV. It's very smooth and can barely notice input lags (sometimes it does have input lags but most of the time real smooth). So may be this is the case for you as well.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
If you're having issues over two consoles and multiple copies I'd say there's something causing interference with the sensor. I'm saying this assuming you're playing with Wii controllers. Try and use a classic controller or gamecube controller and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't it's most likely you have some interference between your remote and the sensor bar or your remotes are jacked up from hardcore waggle lol.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
My copy of Brawl works fine with the Wii U, so I think that's out.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wow, did you really buy a wii u and a new copy of Brawl to solve that problem?

I have this same problem with my wiimote. Its just interference caused by other wireless signals. If you have a wireless gateway in the same room as the console with devices accessing it, this will happen alot. The technology is just... I don't know how to put it. I don't think I'm qualified to call it cheap, but I've never had this happen to a Xbox360 or Ps3 Controller. Even the Wii U gamepad will have graphical and sound glitches for this same reason.

Use your original Wii to play Brawl and use gamecube controllers (wired) and you won't have this problem.

Currently there aren't any well known solutions to this problem, because most of the community uses gamecube controllers, but if Smash 4 has any hope of having tournaments with 400+ wiimote users in the room, I hope the community figures something out.

waitreally

Smash Rookie
I have a question for the original poster: did you try GameCube controllers hard wired? Or is it only the Wii Remotes with the issue?

Top Bottom