• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Minus 4.0b Release Date Announced: September 4th

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Ever wonder what Super Smash Brothers Brawl would be like if it was made with the intent "to give all characters incredible buffs and options until they are all equally overpowered, and thus balanced?" This is the premise of Brawl Minus. Many fans have been waiting to see when the latest release would be incoming and it has finally been announced! From the official announcement:

---​

THE NEXT VERSION OF BRAWL MINUS COMES OUT ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4TH!
The wait is almost over! Brawl Minus 4.0b is going to be released very soon! Expect a Brawl Minus very much different from 3.Q, with modified physics, many character adjustments, and much, much, more!

So what does the "b" mean?
It means it's a Beta. We have a ton of changes lined up for our end goal, Brawl Minus 4.0, but we have so much that we want you to try out that we simply couldn't wait that much longer before we showed it off! In addition to this, we also need your help making 4.0 the best it can be by playing this version and sharing your thoughts about it with us!

Should I treat this as the official next version?
For all intents and purposes, 4.0b will be officially considered the next version of Brawl Minus, succeeding 3.Q.

Is this going to update every week like MAX (3.0)'s beta?
Nope! All you need is 4.0b and you'll be up to date until the final release of 4.0.

What has been changed in 4.0b?
In addition to the usual bug fixes and balance adjustments, we're offering plenty of much needed reworks for characters such as Pichu, Samus, Meta Knight, and Ike, and made the first changes to the game's core mechanics in 5 years!

What are these mechanic changes?
There are several mechanics modified to help increase the flow of the game, such as slightly reducing hitstun. By reducing hitstun but also increasing the speed at which characters fall (and thus complete their air/ground transitions), we hope to increase the speed and precision required to perform the combos you love, increasing the reward for skill and simultaneously decreasing the amount of time your unfortunate recipient has to watch themselves get knee'd in the face repeatedly before being back in the action.

In addition, shield stun is being reduced- you no longer need to worry about Fox's blaster locking you in your bubble (or egg?) until you get pushed offstage. This fallspeed change will also have the side effect of reducing the overall ridiculous recovery power, so we'll be keeping an eye on how that hurts or helps the characters most greatly affected by that change.

How will I be able to try this out?
On the beta's release on September 4th, you'll be able to download the game on the forums! Enjoy the beta with your friends and with our community, and provide feedback to make 4.0 the best game it can be!

---​

An Exhibition Of Ganondorf In 4.0

To learn more about the game be sure to check out its official website. Excited for Brawl Minus 4.0b? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more Brawl Minus coverage.

SmashCapps has always enjoyed the wonderful craziness that is Brawl Minus. To keep up with his adventures in the world of eSports be sure to follow him on Twitter.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
So this is pretty much Smash 4 if it had combos AND Pichu?

Count me in.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
I'll be all up on this when it launches without a doubt in my mind.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Ooh I have never heard of Brawl- but I am definitely gonna try it out!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So this is pretty much Smash 4 if it had combos AND Pichu?

Count me in.
With no Shulk, no Megaman, no Pac-man, no Mewtwo, no Greninja, no Bowser Jr., no HD graphics, etc. almost the same in a sense.

EDIT: Probably no fancy stages with game-deciding hazards (which is actually a good thing if you wanted to take this seriously), no getting revenge on the duck hunt dog, no ridley, whatsoever, no Paletena, no Mii fighters, No Villager, no Charizard freedom from trainer, No Ryu, No Roy (or at least no Roy that differentiates from Marth), and lastly, no epic Final Destination.

Sorry, I had to add to this. :p

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Warlock punch CAN counter edguard.

Why that not a custom move.

Anyway let the MODS BEGINS!

DJ Arson

Smash Rookie
Important Questions:

Can Mario still shoot two fireballs while jumping?
Does he still go metal with his side taunt?
And does Link's Gale Boomerang still have a multi-hit box?

If 2/3 answers are yes then my hype is REAL

Edit: Also, once this comes out @Smashboards should have a Minus main slot for out profiles ;)))

Edit edit: ew what an awful emoji

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
wait, OVERPOWERED GANON, PICHU!?!?!? KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!
... (why the heck PMDT doesn't add Pichu to Project M).

Last edited:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Ahh man, I haven't played Brawl Minus in awhile. Only if I still had my Wii. Brawl Minus is still hella fun though!

:pow:

Last edited:

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
Awesome! My friends and I heard about it recently with the trailer, and have been playing 3.Q for a while now. Can't wait for the new release!

Shulkamania

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatguy13
When I first read "to give all characters incredible buffs and options until they are all equally overpowered, and thus balanced?" I thought this was just something similar to PM then I saw the video and realized this is basically a joke mod.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
As I Melee player, I gotta say that Brawl- is a lot of fun! It has dash dashing and other mechanics that make it feel bit more like Melee. If you have, you should try it out

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Man, that video is cringe-worthy

Maxi1002

Smash Rookie
NNID
I really like the idea and i really want to play it but it is not for PAL so... :'(

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I love how the fans can make a better Ganondorf then Sakurai himself.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* Sm4sh haters find ways EVERYWHERE to hate on Smash 4 when Smash 4 has nothing to do about it...
meanwhile sm4sh players hate every other smash game an berate their players on every youtube comment section. dont wanna hear it lmao

WwwWario

Smash Ace
meanwhile sm4sh players hate every other smash game an berate their players on every youtube comment section. dont wanna hear it lmao
Personally, I've close to never seen a comment saying "Smash 4 is best and Melee sucks" or anything similar. It's always "Smash 4 is just like Brawl". "Smash 4 sucks, Melee is best". "Smash 4 is not competitive". I personally think both Melee and Sm4sh is competitive in their own way :)

And you say "you don't wanna hear it". Well, us Sm4sh fans don't wanna hear it, either.

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I've close to never seen a comment saying "Smash 4 is best and Melee sucks" or anything similar. It's always "Smash 4 is just like Brawl". "Smash 4 sucks, Melee is best". "Smash 4 is not competitive". I personally think both Melee and Sm4sh is competitive in their own way :)

And you say "you don't wanna hear it". Well, us Sm4sh fans don't wanna hear it, either.
Nobody said anything about sm4sh being bad. The guy who you quoted originally said "count me in." Your just picking a fight.

and honestly if you haven't seen any melee hate then you must not go on any smash related stuff like holy crap

Pin Clock

Smash Rookie
Woah, didn't expect to see this here! I'm really happy to see the hype for Minus is still alive, we're still hard at work on the finishing touches for the beta, and can't wait for the 4th!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Can't see how.
"THISH MOVE DEALS SIX SIX SIX DAMAGE"

"In brawl minus we fixed that by giving him the GANDOKEN"

"..and putting them in range for an aerial followup... TA FINISH THEM OFF"

His presentation couldn't be more grating.

Last edited:
My favorite Brawl mod. I'm so glad they proved that Roy's playstyle could be kept without players needing to adjust much while being decloned entirely. PM wasted a lot of potential in that regard, and while I love with what Smash 4 did, I felt he could have been made more than a semi-clone to permanently shut up detractors. At least quite a few who disliked the idea of Roy returning love him now.

Last edited:

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
All the characters being so OP will make for some quick matches. The winner will be the first to get a read.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well, gonna call it; Ganondorf is going to be too OP in Brawl Minus for anyone to deal with.

I'm waiting for him to get a U-Air that deals 40% damage.

Top Bottom