• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
You should do what FFShrine does. Have it so that if a double post is made, it's automatically added to the post instead of adding a new post. Otherwise, we have to mess around editing a post, just because some lazy haters can't be bothered to post after us?

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
HEY GUYS? I DON'T MEAN TO SHOUT, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO LOOK AT THIS!
Total BRSTMs: 534 <--- Look at this number here!
BRSTM Downloads: 6398
Average Downloads: 11.98 dls/BRSTM
Uploads per day: 0.29

Yeah! Just saying.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I think we need more people to approve stuff. I've been busy with work.

6/24: We actually have a new moderator! He's a pal of mine, and he goes by LC-DDM. I trust him to help us out.

Last edited:

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
Is it okay to rip audio from a YouTube video if it is the only way to obtain said audio?

Just wondering, as I really want to make a BRSTM of the above remix, but the uploader doesn't have a download link up (despite me asking him to do so 2 months ago)

pls dont yell at me its just a question *hides in the closet*

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You don't have to share it with other people if you do decide to convert the video. But it's never acceptable for youtube rips to be hosted on the site. Though I'm sure had you not said anything, it would've been micro-approved by someone.

Last edited:

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
The notification bar on the site has been reduced to this, by the way. (is found on the bottom-left corner of the page)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hey. I was out of town this weekend without wi-fi, so I couldn't have done anything.

It's really hard to keep approving as soon as people are uploading.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey. I was out of town this weekend without wi-fi, so I couldn't have done anything.

It's really hard to keep approving as soon as people are uploading.
True. But it's the fact, and yes, it's a fact, not an opinion, that apart from you and me, no one actually even thinks about approving. It's 100% obvious, that every single mod other than us, are actually deliberately being lazy. There is no excuse why literally no one is approving.

Also, I give up approving most of the time, because of people uploading complicated BRSTMs, which I'm not sure whether they are allowed or not.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
True. But it's the fact, and yes, it's a fact, not an opinion, that apart from you and me, no one actually even thinks about approving. It's 100% obvious, that every single mod other than us, are actually deliberately being lazy. There is no excuse why literally no one is approving.
Nice bait.

Last edited:

JohnTravolski

Smash Cadet
I wonder who knows the answer to this... so, just curiously, what does this mean:

I recently hacked my 3DS so that I can basically dump games and get all of the files from them. I found the music files in my Omega Ruby game, and, naturally, they were in .BCSTM format. However, I decided to compare the file sizes of the ones that I download directly from the BrawlCustomMusic site to the ones that I actually obtained directly from the game. Interestingly, I found that the ones that I ripped for the game were around 200 bytes more in size than the ones from BrawlCustomMusic. An example can be seen here:

BrawlCustomMusic is on the left while the one that I obtained directly from the game is on the right. So, curiously, what do those extra bytes mean? Does anybody know?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have some shocking news for everyone about Brawl Custom Music:

Oh and incase you can't view images.... let me just say it in huge oversized letters.

THERE ARE SIX HUNDRED (AND) FIFTY-THREE (653) UPLOADS PENDING MODERATION!

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
For some reason, avast detects that the page has a trojan on it (URL: malware)

is it a false positive? Anyone else getting this?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
For some reason, avast detects that the page has a trojan on it (URL: malware)

is it a false positive? Anyone else getting this?
Only Avast alerts for Brawlcustommusic, and yes it's a false positive.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I dont think so.

It says that the URL is malware, or that it tries to execute Jscript.

The thing is, I could access the website long ago with avast.

But for some reason it decided to block it now. Will take word on you guys and take it as a false positive.

JohnTravolski

Smash Cadet
Bad news, unless somebody can take all of the information from the .brsar file and "reverse engineer it" so that it turns the sound effects found within it back into music, I don't' think that we're going to be able to obtain the Light Trax music in a good quality any time soon. Basically (and I believe that this is very similar for nearly all of the Wii Ware games), the games contain a .brsar file with a bunch of sound effects (tons of them) and there's information somewhere either in the .brsar or in other files in the game that tell it how to put all of the sound effects together in order to create the music. Each sound effect is probably around half a second long or shorter.

Since the Wii is capable of using this information to recreate the music from all of the sound files located in the .brsar, I'm sure that some application on the computer can as well; however, the problem is figuring how to make that application and then converting it into a .brstm (which is a very useful format thanks to Export Loop VB). That's the goal, but I doubt anybody knows how to do that.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What is going on with BCM and this thread?

Soneek's hardly EVER online (he's rarely in the IRC chat, and when he is, it turns out he logged in hours before I get there, and has pretty much been AFK all the time, and he hasn't posted anything on BCM's FB page for weeks)

Speaking of IRC, hardly anyone (if anyone at all) has posted there at all in the last few days.

This place hasn't had a post from anyone except me, for an entire month (literally)...

Is it just me or is the entire concept of "BRSTMs" completely dead?

Is Brawl Custom Music completely irrelevant now?

On a very much related note.... can someone (other than just me), just.......... stop EXACTLY what they're doing, at some point in the next 5 years and ....without ANY procrastination, just stop being so ****ING lazy, and just MODERATE THE PENDING UPLOADS?

There are two reasons why I don't like doing it... actually 3.

Firstly: Total BRSTMs: 471
BRSTM Downloads: 4842
Average Downloads: 10.28 dls/BRSTM
Uploads per day: 0.24

Secondly, I'm the only one who EVER actually bothers about it. Hence why I rarely do it. I have a "I'm a moderator, but I'm not the only moderator, so I shouldn't be the only one to do anything with it" attitude.

Thirdly.... if the site wasn't so ****ING SLOW 50% of the time, or down 49% of the time, with the remaining 1% being the time it's actually running smoothly, I wouldn't be so reluctant.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Last I've managed the list was a week ago. There's just a large influx of new uploads (and existing ones nobody seems to ever touch) and it looks like nobody else appears to be doing anything.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Exactly. Almost none of the moderators are actually even thinking of bothering, yet they don't like it when I complain about it every so often. They're excuse is the same. "I have school", or "I was busy"... no, you weren't THAT busy. NO ONE can ever be SO busy, that there are still uploads there, from March.

If their response is "You're a moderator, why don't you do it?", then here's my response.

"I would like to point out the second word in your response. The word "a". Let's just look at that a minute. The word "a", means that I am one moderator, of which there may or may not be more than one. In this case, there is more than one, therefore, I can just repeat that same response back to every moderator, 'You're a moderator, why don't you do it?', and see how you like it".

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are you doing stuff with the pending list, Xermo? Because I was as well, and when I felt I'd probably done no more than about 100, it had gone down by over 200. Then it said 181, then after what seemed like only about 10-20 more, it's now at 147...

*presses F5*

OK it's now 144.... so I guess you, or someone finally is?

OK, I just instantly rejected all songs under "Other" -- I'm not taking any chances, and I can't be bothered to find out which ones are wrongly sampling real songs (which most of them probably are).

So, now, the pending list is at 127 as of the last edit.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yeah I'm in the list too. I refreshed and noticed half of it was gone, so I figured you were doing something as well.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well, two hours ago, it was around 470-480. It's now at 123. We have, together, moderated around 75% of what was there.

EDIT: As of now (12:32 am, September 22, 2015 UK time), there are 61 songs remaining.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, where's Segtendo?

I have some totally exciting news.

"Total BRSTMs: 1"

Yeah... just look at that number.

Why is there 1? And not 0?

Well http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/61260

It has been "optimized for the "Custom HomeMenu Manager"" (in short, it has been completely ****ed with a low sample rate of 22050 Hz, and is looped from 0 to end).... should one reject those stupid "Specially made for stuff" duplicates?

Also, I instantly reject any stupid "I just sped it up and called it a "Mario Kart Wii Final Lap version"" uploads.

Also.... I'll just use this image to explain an annoying problem when making BRSTMs:

http://i.imgur.com/irGcsnF.png

Top is BRSTM, bottom is LWAV.

Now my question.

WHY DOES IT DISTORT SOME OF THE SAMPLES WHEN A BRSTM IS MADE?

I use vgm2brstm/brstmmake.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Um.... how do you use it? At least..... where did I go wrong?

I opened a WAV. Converted it to BRSTM. Then um... yeah..... here's the thing.

WHERE exactly is the BRSTM?

There is no so-called "output" folder anywhere. Also I fail to see how this is any different to vgm2brstm. I'm sure both use the same stuff, same dll files, BrawlLib, and so on, so I'll assume it'll still be ****ed.

What happened to the good days? You know? When you could simply... make ****ing BRSTMs?

Why did it have to be so ****ing complicated? And made even worse by soneek's auto-reject script on BCM.... and made EVEN worse by the fact that .... how can I put this, without repeating myself.... oh wait, I can't..... HE'S NOT EVEN AROUND... EVER?

Also, here's another question about the whole ****ed up glitch in the entire **** filled world of BRSTMs.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/5316

WHY DOES IT ONLY HAPPEN ON SOME BRSTMS????

WHY CAN'T I JUST ****ING MAKE BRSTMS WITHOUT HAVING TO MESS AROUND WITH THIS ****ING ****?

FIX THE ****ING PROGRAMS NOW YOU *****!

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Excuse me? I haven't really been on my laptop recently because it was having issues with the fan (which is weird since I can use it now no problem). I understand you are upset that we haven't done anything, but no need to go on a rampage. I haven't been on in a while.

Top Bottom