• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Well someone did. And who ever it is who did it, is a ****ing ****.

You are SUPPOSED to delete the video from YouTube FIRST. And now, thanks to this ****, we have TWO videos of a lot of Mario Kart 8 music!

DON'T ****ING DELETE MUSIC THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DELETE YOU ****ING ****! AND FOR ****'S SAKE, WHY IS IT WHENEVER SOME **** DECIDES TO DO **** LIKE THIS, THEY SOMEHOW NEVER HAVE THE ****ING BALLS TO ****ING OWN UP? SHOW YOUR ****ING SELF YOU STUPID ****ED UP ******!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Please relax, there's no need to be over-aggressive over a mistake. It's less likely that person at fault will bring it up if you're going to react like this. Just do what you can to fix the situation, and let bygones be bygones

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Firstly, there's nothing I can do to fix it.

Secondly, it's not just a "mistake". NO ONE deletes multiple files from a site, one by one, by mistake.

Also, Segtendo?

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/15511

You did it wrong. It sounds like you have 4 channels. There should ONLY be the last two channels, but it sounds like a mix of "Mode Select" and the proper "Course Select" channels.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I think the Brawl Custom Music's been hacked.
Sometimes, it's completely slow (like 99% of the time it's completely down)
And when it's up, when I try to upload BRSTMs, it says something about "approving over 200 songs"?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
There IS a big-*** list that we have to approve...
I'm glad you said "we".

Because sometimes I feel like you (not you as "Segtendo" but you in the general sense :p) are like "I'll do a few BRSTMs" (as in approving) and then "But.. maybe later" and that 'later' ends up being like a carrot on a string attached to a donkey, where you are that donkey. :p

As I've said in other places, there are 3 main reasons why I don't do much approving myself. And one of them is pretty much hinted at in that sentence. Most of the time, it's just myself.
The second reason is that there are just far too many to do (by myself).
Thirdly... I approved two (Mario Kart 8 to be precise), and then rejected one (also from Mario Kart 8 lol)... and then the site just did that thing where it's fast (OK) one minute and then... "BOOM"... not loading. So I give up.

And let's be honest. I'm sure it's been having slow (down) times more often in the last few weeks than it's ever had, ever.

Ironically, there's actually only just over 200 songs IIRC. Didn't it get REALLY bad last year or something, where it was literally some 700+?

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea. I've been sort of slow on approving stuff. I will admit.

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Haha "slow" -- that's exaggerating a bit. j/k

Also, I've had a Wii U for like... well the Christmas after it was released (2012), and the only friends I have on it, are my sister, and someone from some other forums (usually goes by the name of benoit489 or something). I need more friends... so I can get my ass kicked in Mario Kart 8.

I can't remember exactly what my NNID, but it's probably my usual username.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Haha "slow" -- that's exaggerating a bit. j/k

Also, I've had a Wii U for like... well the Christmas after it was released (2012), and the only friends I have on it, are my sister, and someone from some other forums (usually goes by the name of benoit489 or something). I need more friends... so I can get my *** kicked in Mario Kart 8.

I can't remember exactly what my NNID, but it's probably my usual username.
You can add me TUK, I beat every time trial ghost (the regular ones) as Shy Guy :) but PM me if you honestly want to, I have no friends added on my WIi U yet

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't really care who I add. And I'm no way competitive. If I get 12th, I'll get 12th. I don't quit if I don't get 1st or anything. I'm pretty much a "for fun" player if you know what I mean.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
TUK. How the hell did you get those "frontrunning" tracks from MK7? o-o

TGE

Smash Rookie
You should really do something about the rules, one of my Kill la Kill songs got rejected because it wasn't from a videogame while tons of other anime songs are on the site and are approved.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
We really should clean up the site of non-game music.

I wish there was a way to delete "games" on that site.

TGE

Smash Rookie
Anyone know what's up with the occasional clicking noise issue with certain BRSTMs?
Even if I decrease the volume below the clipping level it still clicks while the original wav does not.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hey guys. Look what MrBean35000vr accomplished on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyz5NIeM5ws
One of his comments stuck out to me.
We already have a basic grasp of how BFSTM works, and I've written a tool to convert them to BRSTM and play them back with lossless quality (though I think I might have audio balance a little wrong, but that can easily be fixed in an external editor). As you thought, every race song in the game is multi-channel, with the frontrunning beats always on channels 3 + 4. (Any additional music will be on the later channels, and the main song of the track is on 1 + 2).

My only problem is releasing these, as they're strictly speaking copyrighted, even when converted into BRSTM form. I'll have a think about what the best way to proceed with this is.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Well there's only one way to release them without getting caught.

Just post them in an archived file, with a convincing name, like "There are no illegal copyrighted files here, honest to god, cross my heart, hope to die"

Now I'm ****ing pissed off because the one time that I had the opportunity to use a stupid ****ing meme picture of some sort, there is NO ****ing evidence of such a picture existing.

Why is it this always happens? Like that one very funny clip from an episode of something, that not one of the ****ing lowlife ***** on the entire PLANET has uploaded once on YouTube?

Or when you want to find a song on YouTube, of which NO ONE has uploaded a SINGLE video of, EXCEPT for covers (Hey There Delilah by Plain White Ts is an example).

The "picture" in question, was one of those pictures with a van or a shed that says something like "THERE ARE NO DRUGS HERE" or something that's obviously drugs, but is doing a bad job at.... ah **** it.

On a serious note, what about if he sends them via e-mail, or private message to a select few users, e.g. you, soneek, etc?

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've gotten Mario Kart 7's BCSTM's, and I've shared it with no one else.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Exactly, that's why I said only certain users.

I'm sure soneek is good at not telling people stuff, right?

And if you were to eventually get your hands on the BFSTMs, and have them converted to BRSTMs and uploaded on the site, and then on BrawlBRSTMs3, if anyone was to ask how you got them... either don't say anything at all, or just put in the description "Don't ask how I got these" or something.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
*ahem*... I downloaded the MIDI sequence that soneek converted, along with a soundfont.

But unlike most lazy drones, I actually take care with quality. I don't convert the MIDI to wave, then speed it up. I actually change the speed of the MIDI itself. It only plays the drum beat once, so you'll have to edit the MIDI to play for longer (which is simply a copy and paste thing in a MIDI editor). You will have to find out the EXACT tempo of whatever track you want to use. And you'll also need to know exactly when the beats start to play... i.e. they don't immediately start at the beginning in all tracks.

Some random guy called thaCASHdude told me the times that they start.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
So the frontrunning beats is actually a MIDI, with a soundfont, of course, that plays over the track? Interesting...

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Not really. It's a sequence... but soneek converted it to a MIDI :p (just saying... "sequenced" doesn't necessarily mean "MIDI")

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Soneek said this on the BCM Facebook page.
It's very likely that the YouTube channel will be gone soon. There aren't plans to recreate it, at least not under current management.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but.... that's what's happening to THE YouTube channel (BrawlBRSTMs3). That only says that he won't recreate it. It doesn't say what's happening to those other 4 channels.

thaCASHdude

Smash Apprentice
Some random guy called thaCASHdude told me the times that they start.
T_T
:p
Speaking of which, you know there are different beats right? I think there are only two of them, the other one only used in DS Waluigi Pinball and DS Airship Fortress. Although, someone went and did some more 1st place beat versions, but messed up those two...
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/47100
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/47098

In other news... I did stuff. :p
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/1922

Updated a couple of my older brstms...
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/17358
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/17352
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/17407
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/18503

And this whole time I thought these two were already uploaded...
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/47631
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/47632

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Vector was one of the first to get these songs on yt, so he probably did record it himself

Top Bottom