• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
All songs preview fine for me.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
3DS music rips? Can't wait.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Segtendo? I don't know what's happened, but somehow, there are 3 Banjo-Kazooie BRSTMs of yours which are variants of "Inside the Sandcastle" from Treasure Trove Cove, but for some really strange reason, they all say "Gobi's Valley".

Can you rename them?
E.g. www.brawlcustommusic.com/10427

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know I had them labeled correctly before I uploaded them. I wonder how it got changed...

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
OK, I want answers and I want them now!

WHICH ONE OF YOU ****ING ******** GAY ASS MURDERING ****ED UP SCUM FILLED ***** ARE UPLOADING VIDEOS TO BRAWLBRSTMS3 THAT SHOULD NOT(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) BE ****ING UPLOADED?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG5HuqZ9jhQ -- WHY IS THIS ****ING UPLOADED?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLNjyEeSaI -- WHY IS THIS ****ING UPLOADED?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgj56Xjt5Ps-- WHY IS THIS ****ING UPLOADED?

WHY THE **** DO YOU THINK I REMOVED EVERY ****ING VIDEO FROM THAT GAME ON BRAWLBRSTMS3?

WHOEVER IS DOING IT, SHOW YOURSELF YOU ****ING PILE OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hey guys. Sorry for not posting here in a while. Been busy with work and school.

If the list is getting out of hand on the site, I'm sorry that I haven't done anything.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The list really isn't that bad. I think there's maybe less than 20 at the moment.

Either people are actually approving songs finally, or just not many people are uploading stuff.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm guessing that people aren't uploading much because many of us have school.
Hell, I haven't uploaded anything in ages. I blame the lack of games I actually WANT to convert.

Last edited:

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I can't believe one of my songs on there has 500 downloads. That blows my mind completely. Also, hi guys, sorry I was gone for so long.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Here are some interesting statistics from the site:

http://pastebin.com/pajnSwa9

http://pastebin.com/k0ph9bex

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has the most downloads at 25,438, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has the most downloads per song at 315
And I have the most uploaded/approved songs :p but I think you still have the "Most downloads"? Which I assume means "the user who's BRSTMs have been downloaded the most", and not "the most BRSTMs that you've downloaded".

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Noob question: is downloading the song and not owning it to use only for Brawl/PM legal? Is it technically stealing like downloading from LimeWire?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Noob question: is downloading the song and not owning it to use only for Brawl/PM legal? Is it technically stealing like downloading from LimeWire?
Downloading anything from the internet without owning it is considered illegal. What you do with the files obtained from the site are up to you.

Last edited:

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Downloading anything from the internet without owning it is considered illegal. What you do with the files obtained from the site are up to you.
That's what I thought. I was hoping there would be something technical about it being a weird type of file. Thank you!

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
What if you ripped it from a disc (in the case of the demo music which got rejected twice on Brawl Custom Music)? It has a multiple of 14336, and yet it still got rejected...

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
What if you ripped it from a disc (in the case of the demo music which got rejected twice on Brawl Custom Music)? It has a multiple of 14336, and yet it still got rejected...
What tracks were rejected?
You may also want to check http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/reject.php after logging in to see if the mod who rejected it left a reason why it was rejected.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Soneek? Now you know occasionally we get a bad quality BRSTM. Either someone can't read and converts from a YouTube video or uses a very bad quality audio file, or they simply don't bother to loop it. But now things have just got worse. The BRSTMs are absolutely fowl.
I'm sure we don't really need such fowl stuff on the site do we? Because we like to have quality BRSTMs. And this fowl behaviour is just absolutely pathetic. It's like poultry in motion. I've had enough. I always liked to check in, but now I think I'll be chicken out. This is just
hen-exceptable! Good day sir!

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
What tracks were rejected?
You may also want to check http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/reject.php after logging in to see if the mod who rejected it left a reason why it was rejected.
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/44205
This track was rejected because I had made a mistake in my typing when I made my description, and it was not a multiple of 14336. But, I've posted it here already, so that's good enough for me. I apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience I may have caused. :)

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Typos in a description aren't a reason for a BRSTM being rejected.

BRSTMs are however, automatically rejected if the loop start is not a multiple of 14336.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I played Streets of Rage 3 today. Round 4 Boss (the one where "Shinobi Reverse" plays) is far too long (for me)... and no I don't play RPGs where a single boss takes 5000 hours to complete (Culex).... but I eventually got there (with a VERY small amount of HP, 0 lives and 0 continues... I was that lucky.... I used up 14 lives (that means I used up 2 whole continues, and lost a further 4 lives.... did I mention I was on ****ing Easy? If that's Easy, what the **** is "Hard" or "Hardest" or whatever like? Then I played Sonic Generations. The normal stages are relatively easy. But that rival battle thing with Shadow? I got to the part where I charged up and ran into meteorites.... but never actually touched knuckles. I also did the earlier one with Metal Sonic.... WHAT THE **** IS THIS? If there's anything I hate about games, it's things where there is no ****ing obvious way to dodge something. Like a skyscraper slides down a hill... you can jump 5 feet, and you have a 50000 feet penis ****ing you. You have no chance.... it's like the game is saying "You are going to lose a life and there's nothing you can do about it".

After this, I'm ****ing pissed off....

And do you know what made me even more pissed off?

This....

"Finish the pending list of 192 songs, and then you can upload again."

There are currently, as it says, 192 songs pending (+17 updates, assuming they aren't counted).

I am NOT going to do anything in the pending list that involves not being a ****. Therefore, if the pending list is not reduced down to no higher than EMPTY, I will reject EVERY single pending song that ever gets uploaded permanently. Every single day, I will instantly reject every upload. If you have a problem with this, DO YOUR ****ING JOBS YOU ****ING ***** AND GET THAT ****ING PENDING LIST SORTED!

DON'T GIVE ME YOUR STUPID "PEOPLE HAVE LIVES", OR "PEOPLE HAVE SCHOOL" ****! THE POINT OF YOU BEING MODS ON THE SITE IS SO YOU CAN APPROVE OR REJECT SONGS. SURE YOU HAVE SCHOOL, AND LIVES.... BUT THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "I HAD HOMEWORK" AND "I'M TOO LAZY TO ****ING SPEND JUST A FEW MINUTES A DAY, HECK EVEN JUST ONCE WEEK TO EVEN BOTHER APPROVING A SINGLE BRSTM!"

Oh what's that, you say? I'm a hypocrite for not doing anything either? Well I have a good reason. The reason I'm not doing it, is because YOU aren't doing it. What? That doesn't make sense? Well... I'm fed up with being the ONLY!!!!! ONE!!!!! who does it....

I'm not exaggerating.

I am the ONLY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE SPECIES CALLED "HOMO SAPIENS SAPIENS" who even has the required brain function to remember and actually be bothered to even THINK about the pending BRSTMs.

Another way to think of it is... the more you leave the pending list, the more you won't be able to upload.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
****ing god. You sure do take the site seriously.

Why do I say "because school"? Because it's true. I also have work, so I can't approve as often.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know you "have school". I know you "have work". And that you can't "approve often". But that's not what I'm talking about. It's not the fact that you (as an individual) can't approve often. It's the fact that absolutely NO ONE is actually approving AT ALL. You're basically implying that every single human living on the planet Earth, has school or work from midnight until midnight without a single second to spare in sometimes up to 2 months just to approve a couple of BRSTMs. I am almost not exaggerating when I say I am THE ONLY person who does any approving that isn't just their own songs. Infact, I've often deliberately uploaded BRSTMs without approving them. It would just be nice if some other people besides me did some approving at least once a week. Because, again, without exaggerating, it seems like literally no one is approving any BRSTMs.

Having work or school means you may not be able to do it at certain times. But explain why NO ONE is doing ANYTHING at all for WEEKS? Emphasis on the upper-case words.

Last edited:

soneek

Smash Ace
Our lives and futures don't depend on whether songs are moderated or not. Our focus is put into what's absolutely necessary right now. I'm finished with finals in 2 weeks, so I'll be able to help out and make some updates that I haven't gotten around to.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Two things... I did do a few of them myself (I didn't count, but probably only about 50 or so).

Secondly, I'm aware, that it's not your entire life, or that you don't depend on it, and such. I'm not expecting that. But there's a difference between:
"Not depending on the site, as if it's your entire future"
and
"Absolutely ignoring it altogether, and just letting it build up".

The point is, sure, you don't have to do it every single day, for the rest of your life. Doing just some approving, some of the time, would be a good thing. But this is pretty much not even that. It's literally no approving from anyone at all, ever.

To repeat that again, pointlessly....
Everyone doing all approving, all the time? That would be nice, but it's not what I'd actually expect you to do.
Some people doing some (which might result in multiple people collectively doing all approving)... some of the time? That would also be nice, and this is what I would expect.
No one whatsoever, even doing a single approval of a single BRSTM, for the rest of eternity? This is what's happening. It's the fact that NOTHING is being done most of the time, when SOMETHING is better.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
*aham*
Anyways, should we even keep these rips of the MK8 music on the channel and site? I'm not even sure most are the full song yet.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The ones that DEFINITELY AREN'T the "full songs" are:
DS Wario Stadium
GCN Dry Dry Desert
GCN Sherbet Land (which includes the Final Lap version)
Mario Circuit
N64 Rainbow Road (including Final Lap version)
N64 Royal Raceway
Rainbow Road

I haven't checked Cloudtop Cruise, but when I listened to the original version (i.e. not the BRSTM, but the thing from the site), it fades out just in the middle of the Gusty Garden part, therefore is not playing the full song, so I'll know already that it doesn't loop fully.

Dolphin Shoals also doesn't have any loopable areas, so I can tell that won't loop.

I haven't checked Thwomp Ruins, but it does JUST allow a loop, that is, it starts fading out literally half a second after the earliest loop point can be made, so it's very thin. The ones I uploaded to the channel, are ones that I knew for a fact where full loops (although I may have made one or two mistakes :p)

But FFS, I wish people didn't do this:
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/4171
http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/update/4172

How about you upload the version properly in the first place <_<

Last edited:

TGE

Smash Rookie
What's the technical reason behind BRSTMs with a loop that isn't 0 or a multiple of 14366 being rejected?
Also I'd like to apply for BRSTM moderator but I have no past experiences so I have no idea what I'm supposed to enter there.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
What's the technical reason behind BRSTMs with a loop that isn't 0 or a multiple of 14366 being rejected?
Also I'd like to apply for BRSTM moderator but I have no past experiences so I have no idea what I'm supposed to enter there.
It's simply that BRSTMs have to be a multiple of 14336 or else it won't loop correctly in-game. It's how they're read by wii games.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The start loop point, that is. The end loop can be whatever it wants to be.

Top Bottom