• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 7 Results

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Results!

Project M Singles: 19 entrants
1: Sethlon :marthmelee: ($57.00)
2: Oracle :rob: ($28.50)
3: Special Eyes (DiscoBunny) :diddy::snake: ($9.50)

4: Dakpo :gw:
5: Bwett :squirtle:
5: Awestin :nessmelee:
7: DrDrew :sheikmelee:
7: Infinity :peach:
9: ZachAttach :marthmelee:
9: Hamlin :sonic:
9: LA :pikachu2:
9: Xeven :pit: :toonlink:
13: Denti :lucario:
13: Mouf :dkmelee:
13: Trumbaland :mariomelee:
13: I'm Dirty Dan
17: Bombity :bowser2:
17: Artemus :gw:
17: Shpongle :falcomelee:

Project M Doubles: 7 entrants
1: Team Unviable (Awestin and Rob) ( :gw: :rob: / :nessmelee: )($49.00)
2: Wings of Light (Sethlon and Xeven) ( :marthmelee: / :pit: )($21.00)

3: Do You Even Lift, Bro? (Zac and Drew) :peach: :sheik:
4: Cap'n Squirt (Billy and Infinity) :squirtle: :peach:
5: Oreo McFlurry (Thoraxe and Batou)
5: Bomb and Arty (Bombity and Artemus)
7: Zachpo (Dakpo and ZachAttack)

Melee Singles: 14 entrants
1: DrDrew ($49.00)
2: Mouf ($14.00)
3: Awestin ($7.00)

4: Oliver
5: Waterlessfishie
5: Penguin
7: Hamlin
7: Thoraxe
9: ZachAttach
9: Alex
9: I'm Dirty Dan
9: Rainbow Stache
13: Trumbaland
13: Shpongle

Melee Doubles: 6 entrants
1: Do You Even Lift, Bro? (UTDZac and Drew) ($42.00)
2: Thor and Gabe ($18.00)

3: Team Unviable (Awestin and Rob)
4: That team (Penguin and Oliver)
5: Alex and Mouf (Alex and Mouf)
5: Bomb and Arty (Bombity and Artemus)

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
1: DrDrew - Wish I had played some friendlies with you, ggs in the tourney though, tight battles
2: Mouf - I enjoy playing DK, I hope we see each other in bracket next time
4: Oliver - Super close games, ggs. I need to work on that matchup for sure
5: Waterlessfishie - Thanks for warming me up before Drew and then cheering me on during the match
5: Penguin - Should probably practice this game
7: Hamlin - Your Fox has gotten a lot better, keep at it
7: Thoraxe - It's those little mistakes that make or break it, something we both need to work on. I'm confident that if Tai keeps not entering these we have a legit shot at $
9: ZachAttach - I hope you're a little less emo at BR8, although I do appreciate the free win

Also shoutouts to all the new people, new people are awesome.

Dirtydan looks a little like a young Christian Bale

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Shout outs to UTDZac for carrying me in doubles the night before tourney and letting me UpB EVERYBODY
Shout outs to Dakpo for beating me in a money match, Refusing to double or nothin me, and the playing me in tourney for double the money he won from me. Yeah. Eat it.
Shout outs to Hammy for shooting my peanuts with fox.
Shout outs to zachattack for still being twelve.
Shout outs to Sethlon for tellin us negros to keep it PG-13 in the mddle of the night.
Shout outs to Infinity for power shielding hot potato with my Nikita missle.
Shout outs to Oracle for invading my brain and causing me to SD repeatedly cuz I was jealous of his moustachio.
Shout outs to Bwett for flying Kongo Airlines straight downward, and then the Monkey Love Hug for the end of our set.
Shout outs to Denti for bein on our PR but getting last.
Shout outs to Xeven for getting the armPIT of seeding. Get it? Get it?
Shout outs to LA for his first tournament offline and actually doing well.
Shout outs to Batou for driving me and Xeven all over DFW. Buk-Lao.
Shout outs to awestin for letting me pay him off for him to lose.....................Plz.
Shout outs to Kongo Jungle, victory for youuuu.

There's no escape for you banana. Prepare to diiiuuuuhhhh!

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
Shout outs to everybody for the warm welcome to the community and teaching me and Artimus a LOT.

Can't wait for the next one.:bee:

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
REDEMPTION STATUS: MOSTLY

I wanted top 3 in everything and to win my money back from Zach and Rob, 5/6 ain't bad I guess.

I hope my mask worked and I didn't get anyone sick. I have 24 more left so maybe I'll keep them wearing them as a good luck charm...

0: Zac: Thanks for carrying me in teams :)
1: Sethlon: way to cheat in teams. Skyworld was totally banned and we let you play there anyways cause we were too lazy to look up a stagelist. I demand an asterisk on your 2nd place finish! And uh, stop winning tournaments you're making the rest of us look bad.
2: Oracle: Clearly Gimpyfish Bowser is unstoppable.
3: Special Eyes: Special Eyes > Discobunny IMO. I couldn't figure out that Diddy over B. But your Batman hat was cool so I can't be mad.
4: Dakpo: I read in the tier list topic that G&W is the worst character ever so you must be the best player ever, congratulations. Also we need to play more!
5: Bwett: Squirtle is so weird. I'm afraid of him when I shouldn't be! And Bubble owns my soul.
5: Awestin: The results of this tournament prove conclusively that Melee is your true game, just give up on PM.
7: DrDrew: You won melee!? What is this, 2005?
7: Infinity: Thanks for lunch. You play too smart it's not fair.
9: ZachAttach: You made my ness so sad :(. Stop being your own worst enemy and you'll get much further in these tournaments. The game isn't won on the character select screen. And Sheik isn't nearly as good as she is in your head!
9: Hamlin: Yoshi was a bad choice lol.
9: Xeven: Pit in teams is like Falco in teams, only somehow even more annoying, not fun to fight against.
13: Denti: Once I remembered Lucario sucks in 2.5 our matches turned right around.
13: Mouf: I'm really glad I had that extra set to get warmed up and figure out how to fight DK. Good games.

5: Waterlessfishie: I'm pretty sure you were rooting against me in every single set I played in melee, maybe you're my true good luck charm!
5: Penguin: Falco is such a jerk. Luckily I had just enough good reads to grab that W.
7: Thoraxe: You seem like you're having a character identity crisis. Just pick one character you like and make it work. I wish someone told me that years ago, I'd be a lot better today if they did.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Good **** on first in Melee Drew
REDEMPTION STATUS: MOSTLY

7: Thoraxe: You seem like you're having a character identity crisis. Just pick one character you like and make it work. I wish someone told me that years ago, I'd be a lot better today if they did.
I have the same problem, I play 7 characters about equally...how would you recommend trimming that down a bit lol? I don't think I could just pick one at this point.

L A

Smash Rookie
-cough- I didn't use tink in the tourney -cough-

And are there any br7 vids out there yet?

Oracle

Smash Master
They'll probably be up on sethlon's channel eventually.

Great tournament. Thanks for coming out all of the new guys. Good **** to LA for placing ninth at his first tournament! Three wifi players in the top 12; online warriors are too strong!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
-cough- I didn't use tink in the tourney -cough-

And are there any br7 vids out there yet?
Gotcha. I don't know who used what characters for a lot of you guys, feel free to tell me!

Vids should be up within 24 hours-ish, I'll link them here when they're up as usual.

L A

Smash Rookie
trumbaland = mario
schpongle = falco
artemus = gnw
bomb = bowser

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
That DKnowledge will carry over into PM soon enough. I'm glad I lost to two what appeared to be really good PM players though, good games everyone.

Also Drew i think you got me sick dude, i had to call into work the next day lol. We gotta record melee next time, i coulda made a combo video after that tournament, idk what got into me

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good **** on first in Melee Drew

I have the same problem, I play 7 characters about equally...how would you recommend trimming that down a bit lol? I don't think I could just pick one at this point.
Well if we're being pragmatic I'd say eliminate any of those characters that aren't Fox/Falco/Peach/Marth/Sheik/Puff/ICs/Falcon for starters. If none of those characters are in your 7 you're already in trouble lol. From that group just focus on who you enjoy playing the most. If you don't enjoy playing the character you'll have little motivation to get better.

One of the big issues I had back when I was picking the game up is whenever I ran into a matchup I was having trouble with I'd run to a counterpick character or stage (or both, Fox on Yoshi Pipes was my favorite counterpick for years) rather than figuring out how to win with my main in a more neutral situation. So I ended up with a bunch of specialized characters I could play well in specific situations but no one character I could rely on fully. Now I'm trying to play Sheik with the mindset that no matter what, she is good enough to win any matchup, I just have to be good enough to match her potential.

Also Drew i think you got me sick dude, i had to call into work the next day lol. We gotta record melee next time, i coulda made a combo video after that tournament, idk what got into me
:( Sorry to hear you got sick. I'm STILL coughing up all sorts of unspeakable horrors today... And yeah your DK was putting in work, especially in that first GF set. I looked so free there lol.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Now I'm trying to play Sheik with the mindset that no matter what, she is good enough to win any matchup, I just have to be good enough to match her potential.
This is the best mindset ever. Thank you so much for saying this. I might sig this actually.
Went snake some! Put it in there!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Project M vids are up!

Aaaand, shoutouts.

Oracle - "Why can't you be bad like Dart" ....lolz

Special Eyes (DiscoBunny) - Good stuff on your placing! Was this your first actual entry into a PM singles tournament? Also, the more I think about it, the scarier Diddy+Sonic sounds...

Dakpo - Dat worst character...I'm glad we got to sit down and play the matchup more at Infinity's place.

Bwett - Squirt squirtle squirt squirten

Awestin - So I had seeded PM singles by skill level, but you didn't actually enter into it until after I created the bracket. I didn't realize it hadn't seeded you correctly until a round or two in, which is why you had to play Rob relatively early. Sorry about that.
You've fallen behind a little bit as far as the PR is concerned, but I think if you focus and put in work you can reclaim your place ;)

DrDrew - Redemption; complete. (Mostly =P)

Infinity - I'm impressed with your victory over Drew. Your peach plays really smart...I think you should really work on float cancel stuff though. The fact that you do as well as you do with float cancelling is legit, but FCing is really what Peach revolves around at high level play. You might have noticed in our friendlies at your place the damage output disparity between us; you were hitting me with lots of dash attacks, but compare that to one grab combo from Marth...

LA - Thanks for comin out! 9th place is pretty legit for your first in person tournament. Hope to see you at more in the future! (Or even some smashfests, if you want to get some more IRL practice ;) )

Xeven - I think you could really take to heart that quote from Drew above. Your Pit is really legit, and if you stick with him, I think you can do great things. If you keep bouncing around between characters, it'll just be like the 2.1 tournaments all over again.

Mouf - Always glad to hear that you're enjoying Project M! You should look up Strongbad vids to take DK notes, he makes the character look broken lol

Trumbaland, I'm Dirty Dan, Bombity, Artemus, Shpongle - Thanks for coming out guys! Its always great to see new faces. I know Bomby and Art know about the 'fests, but if the rest of you guys want to come get more practice in, Oracle and I hold smashfests pretty often. All are welcome to come!

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Tiers are for chumps.

Idk if ill be at another bowsers revenge since I'm moving back kinda soon, but rest assured if I am you all will be seeing DK take first in melee. Also, MM's all around! Str8 Kong vs whoever

D

Deleted member

Shoutouts to me being salty
shoutouts to awestin for being the funniest guy around
shoutouts to marth vs jiggs on rainbow cruise (**** you random)
shoutouts to me for practically quitting melee
shoutouts to denti for losing just as bad as I do
shoutouts to shoutouts.
SUPER DUPER SHOUTOUTS TO ME FORFEITING BOTH OF MY MELEE SINGLES MATCHES AND GETTING 9TH
oh and sethlon, my name isn't ZachAttach. K, Sethron?
Done.

Top Bottom