• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 10 Results!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 10 results!

Singles;
1: OJ Was Innocent aka Awestin ($319.00)
2: Sethlon ($174.00)
3: Oracle ($58.00)
4: Denti ($29.00)
5: Dakpo
5: Lunchables
7: AeroLink
7: UTDZac
9: Infinity
9: Problemo
9: Disafter
9: Luck
13: DrDrew the Dragon
13: AbstractLogic
13: Bwett
13: Lites
17: WTBlake
17: JSpear
17: GRabbit
17: Nick
17: Glaive
17: Denthorn
17: Greed
17: Bukonski On Ice
25: Jidas
25: Scotch
25: D-man2292
25: Momatose
25: Cleaver
25: RoboHobo
25: NFCC
25: Who Am I
33: Bombitty
33: Sliced Brad
33: Pride
33: Bec
33: Hamlin
33: ORTGO
33: Timestop
33: 2DFighter
33: Mongoose
33: NoxD
33: Swonk
33: 4chan
33: Party
33: Wopp
33: Cory
49: Artimus
49: Whit
49: Pfhor
49: Soup
49: Vurmin
49: Nobu
49: Yamato
49: ale
49: EmLeingod
49: THS
49: Tolkien

Singles Bracket:

Doubles:
1: Oracle + Awestin ($114.00)
2: Sethlon + UTDZac ($57.00)
3: Lunchables + Luck ($19.00)
4: AeroLink + Denti
5: Denthorn + Problemo
5: DrDrew + Disafter
7: Artemis+Bombity
7: Dakpo + Infinity
9: Bwett + Cleaver
9: Mongoose + 2DFighter
9: AbstractLogic + Bec
9: Jidas + Nick
13: Lites + GRabbit
13: RoboHobo + Scotch
13: Cory + Varmin
13: SlicedBread + Timestop
17: NFCC + 4Chan
17: Party + Soup
17: Cole + WTBlake

Doubles bracket:

D

Deleted member

I'll get to Shoutouts later, but I'd like to give a special thanks to Sethlon for hosting such a great event. I've gotten so much better.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
shoutouts to the game shop owner for helping to keep everything running on time. that guy's legit!

@Mongoose nice hanging out with you and your friends. hopefully i'll see you again soonish! keep up the ganon work!
@Scotch98' keep on working at it, and don't give up stage control when you're flustered! : p
@bec thanks for the cookies : D
@ Dr Drew the Dragon Dr Drew the Dragon i just realized there's someone named "drdrewthedragontouchedme". outside of that, thanks for dinner!
@ Bukowski On Ice Bukowski On Ice great set with you! i ain't even mad you eliminated me!

Bukowski On Ice

Smash Cadet
Sethlon- Thanks for an amazing tourney. It ran smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves. I'm down for Bowser's Revenge 11.
Lunchables- You were playing amazingly. I want to see you take first place with Tink at some point. That 3% milk.
Luck- You're getting better all the time man! You and Zach are the dark horse of doubles, and I'm impressed. I'm comin for that ass with Kirby though, and maybe a surprise 3rd xD
Awestin- We WILL play friendlies at some point hahaha
D-Man- Where's my dollar? jk man, you're surprising people out here so keep it up!
To everyone I played- GGs, let's play some more. I wish that I played a bit better but I got as far as I could and playing you (in friendlies or otherwise) was a lot of fun.

And shoutouts to Wobbles for the good conversation and just being a homie 24/7.

D

Deleted member

FOR THE RECORD I ONLY WENT TOONLINK

1: Awestin - We didn't talk much at this tournament, if we met in bracket you could've lit my wood shield on fire! Good **** on gfs though, was that a 6-0? NESS NERFS?!?
2: Sethlon - I've always felt like I never really fit in with the definition of "top" players. I feel as if I'm the higher of the "good" players but I just can't break that barrier of being realized as a true threat. uuuugh, I am so close but still so far away :(
3: Oracle - fjsda;kfdjlsfdkjl;fkdjsa;j CHOKECITY population spoiled lunchables bag. I played like a bag of dog****
4: Denti - You vs Awestin was really impressive, you almost took the set off of him when he **** on you so many times in the past
5: Dakpo - We also never got to play either, but I'm thinking maybe next time in pools or bracket we'll finally face eachother
5: Lunchables - You did ok, just a little bit closer... Juuuuuust a bit. You'll make it.
7: AeroLink - Noooooo! The parg2 dream won't carry on... but now I can officially be your son!
7: UTDZac - HA... You fell into the trap, the marth vs toonlink trap. Eeeeeveryone I've ever played at one point has tried to pocket marth me, and it never works! MUAHAHAHA
9: Infinity - You seemed a bit frustrated throughout most of the day, but you still had a smile on your face regardless of how you played :)
9: Problemo - That first set in dubs was pretty close, but not gonna lie, the second one was brutal.
9: Disafter - I expected to play you in bracket... if you had beaten zac we would've played.
9: Luck - I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY, SO MANY WORDS DESCRIBE MY HAPPINESS!!!!!! <33333333333 The first time we ever team, we take out all these good teams and make a great name for ourselves. this is ridiculous and we both put in so much work. Thank you so much for teaming (Sorry about singles bracket though)
13: DrDrew the Dragon - Our mm was kind of weird, we both didn't know what we were doing lol
13: AbstractLogic - We never played but we talked a lot, I'm glad you really enjoyed watching me play!
13: Bwett - Why are so down low in the results? Get into gear, you should be better than this!
17: GRabbit - Even though I think I won all of our friendlies, those were some really close games and you seem very well thought about your character. I see lots and lots of potential! Join the :toonlink: squad again!! :colorful:
17: Denthorn - I want that beard... I earned by now... it belongs to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
17: Bukonski On Ice - Always good to see you, if you beat luck that would've been a big upset out of you
25: Scotch - We talked like once I think, but I saw you did ok vs. Bwett earlier. Good stuff
33: Hamlin - You're so good in friendlies, you **** on so many people, then you get to bracket and you play like ****. DEVELOP YOUR YOSHI AND START TAKING NAMES
Wobbles: Thanks for existing c:

OVERALL RECAP: I came into this tourney with this being my first 3.0 tourney, and I wanted to impress people with a character thought of as "mediocre". I got 3rd in doubles, beating several good teams. I 2-0'd Infinity, Luck, and UTDZac in singles grabbing myself 5th in a 57 man tournament. I wanted to prove I'm more than just one of the "better than average" local players, so I ask the question... Am I getting closer to top player level?

Last edited by a moderator:

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
I am really happy I could make it out to one of these as it only reminded me what a cool bunch of people you all are! I will do my best to make it out to more of these and try not to be a sloppy sick mess like this time. That being said I have some shoutouts I'd like to share.

1: OJ Was Innocent aka Awestin: Good freaking job managing a 6-0 on sethlon! your Ness is truly ridiculous.
2: Sethlon: Thanks for hosting such a smoothly run event and making it a good experience for all. I still feel like the dumbest player in the world against you!
3: Oracle: It's always cool talking with you about the game and I always seem to walk away with more than I had before. It's really cool watching someone trying to represent Olimar in this game. Your Lucas was particularly sick as well.
4: Denti: Thanks for demolishing me in teams with that Ivy Up-B. I was so unprepared for that!
5: Dakpo: It was really nice talking with you and getting to mess around in some doubles matches. You're a super smart player despite what you say and it's always a joy watching you play.
5: Lunchables: I'm really glad we were finally able to make it to an event and meet. Your Toon Link is amazing and I really hope you keep pushing that character. You have my approval for sure.
7: AeroLink: Despite what people say, I really don't mind too much how you play. I'm always down to get more seriouslies in with you and your link is so good!
7: UTDZac: No idea how I managed to take a set off of you, please don't let me do that next time! You are a super smart player and I really enjoy watching your pika. Plz pull it out more often!
9: Infinity: Thanks for playing with me after the tourney. Playing you is a complete mental battle and you really pushed me to play well. Your Metaknight is super legit and so is your Diddy!
9: Problemo: I learned much more about link in general after talking with you for a bit about things. It was cool that you took the time to explain some things I was curious about and I really liked the tricksies you pulled with your link!
9: Disafter: Thanks for giving me my FIRST TIME-OUT EVER... Real talk though, You were a great competitor and managed to pull it out just by being smart. I felt good at the fact I had to keep you guessing character wise, but good ****!
9: Luck: Always happy to see devoted fellow Diddy mains! #Kongmunism4lyfe. Those Quad Diddios were some of the most ridiculous matches I've ever played.
13: AbstractLogic: Get better you scrub
13: Bwett: I haven't gotten to play you since LTC, but I really appreciated your words of encouragement. It meant lots coming from a skilled player like you.
13: Lites WTF man. you shouldn't be allowed to place this well!!! Real talk though I'm super proud that you managed to rep College Station so well.
17: GRabbit: It always sucks when we have to play each other in losers, but thanks for making me work hard for the W and I can only hope that you keep making people fear the kirby.
17: Nick: I'm super glad you were able to join us and I'm super happy with how well you did. I'm always down to take you to another on of these.
25: Jidas: The snake jank is real. we will have to go in the lab to find out how to deal with those pesky sheiks :p
25: Scotch: You seemed to beat yourself up quite a bit, but your falcon is coming along pretty nicely. just stay focused and don't get dumb SDs and I can see you doing pretty well.
33: Bec: We had a pretty stacked doubles bracket which was LAME, but it's always a blast teaming with you. I think our synergy is really starting to show and it's always tons of fun.
33: 2DFighter: Nice job for your first tourney man! I hope if anything this gives you tourney fever and you keep improving.
33: Cory: The resident Ganon main is always the coolest guy regardless of the scene. Remember to scold anyone that ever tries to edgehog ganon btw!
49: Whit: I know it wasn't the greatest weekend for you, but I'm super happy that you could come with us to this event. The yoshi will be legit if you keep working on it!

hamyojo

Smash Ace
i am very bad at this game
no one gets shout outs
no one gets anything
*pout*
this isnt evn a reel gaem
malay5lyfe

D

Deleted member

SHOUTOUTS:

Aliami:ness2:- Tell your sister I said hi.

CORY:ganondorf:- Holy ****, those quadruple Ganon friendlies were hype. Personal thanks for actually offering the money you won from me back, and for being a overall great person.

RoboHobo:falcon: - We did pretty good in teams man. We got a little fancy and **** towards the end though haha. Hope to see you again in the future, you're a fantastic dude.

Lunchables:toonlink:- Mad respect for you as a player, man. I'm really happy you're working way to the top. One of these days though, I'll be right behind you.

Bec:lucario:- Sorry I played so derpy, I was just really nervous. Call it johns, but lols

Mongoose:ganondorf:- GG's in Doubles. You and Robo are some pretty cool dudes.

Siro :foxmelee:- Always great to see ya. Really funny **** at Starbucks haha.

Hamlin:007:- Didn't play much, but it was nice to see you again.

NoxD:ness2:- Thanks for the free dollar man. I appreciate you empathizing with me when I lost that MM lol

BOnIce:marth:- Same thing as Hamlin, barely played, but it was nice to see you again.

AbstractLogic:diddy:- You're an amazing Diddy Kong. Mad respect to you man. Sorry for the salty friendlies haha.

S0UP:marth:- My money :(

Bwett:squirtle:- Almost. Almost...

Everyone that I didn't mention, means I can't remember your name, or we didn't play much or talk much. But shoutouts to you guys though.

Thanks Sethlon, really great event, I'm glad I came.

Steel Banana

Smash Cadet
Greed here. This was my first tournament ever and it was awesome! Looking forward to coming to more tournaments around here :p

D

Deleted member

I'm calling that controller match a fraud I killed myself like 4 times and was just generally farting my own butt. Anyway ggs i'll get that **** back one day you're free af. :>)
Just MM me at DIME 8 lol

Oracle

Smash Master
Ness is
*deep inhale*
BROOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN ALSO THE BIIIIFFFFOORRRCCCEEE

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
great tourney, a little disappointed with myself for coming in 25th again, i was hoping for improvement lol but next time! anyways shoutouts!

Sethlon - of course for such an awesome event, it was run very smoothly and also fast enough to where there was time for friendlies with everyone

GRabbit - hey man awesome rematch, at PARG2 you dominated me but this time i got you to your last stock so theres some improvement, but beware, i'm still coming for blood haha GG

Dr Drew - dude we didnt get to ditto the doc! gah next time man!

WTBlake - so we're still gonna title match right, your 17th place for my 25th place haha GG bro and i'm gonna hit you up for a place to crash!

JSpear - dude i want a rematch, i want that dollar back! you're mos def one of the coolest smashers i've met and we should hang sometime

Bukonski on Ice - man dude you need to forget about that dollar already! its set in stone man you're my rival! lets set up the smash club, "i want you to forward smash me as hard as you can" lmao see ya soon man, thanks for the props

Jidas - man you were settin traps up like crazy! best snake player i've faced, not gonna lie i was pretty scared you'd send me down to losers haha good game

Hamlin - hey remember what you said where you first played me "i'm the best at teching so lets play" haha thats not what your 2 dollars said! lol jk our matches were so hype!!! you literally had me on our last match but that spot dodge though xD we'll play again for sure!

ORTGO - dude nice placing for playing pm for your first time, good job!

Wobbles - bro honestly I didnt know who you were till after our friendlies lol but it was cool of you to hang with us at wendys and now i know! evertime we play you should pick pit lol GG

Denthorn - BEST MEWTWO EVER! dude our 2nd match made me play like i've never played before, that was the BEST i've ever played and i'm glad ppl were hyped about it, i wish it were recorded, but anyways thanks for pushing me to the limits man, now i know i can improve, i need to play like that regularly, GG

anyone else i played GG, had tons of fun

Last edited:

GiftedRoboHobo

Smash Rookie
RoboHobo:falcon: - We did pretty good in teams man. We got a little fancy and **** towards the end though haha. Hope to see you again in the future, you're a fantastic dude.
Who would have thought double falcon was going to be any good lol. If we ever team again we know what to fix. Can't wait to see you around

D

Deleted member

"You can just SDI his pk fire up, he's not even that good"
"He has teeny little limbs, he can't even hit you"

OK GUYS, OK

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I had an excellent time, and I'm looking forward to bringing more of the College Station scene to future DFW events.

Big shoutouts to Sethlon and the FX exchange staff for running such a well organized event.

Good games to everyone I played.

Awestin - Great job taking the whole thing. It's always a pleasure to see you man.
Sethlon - Thank you again for hosting. Great job in bracket.
Oracle - Glad to see the Lucas back in action.
Denti - I really enjoyed our game. Thank you for the advice on my character's strengths. The 0 to Death that I got on you was the highlight of my tourney experience.
Dakpo - Don't think we got to play, but it was nice chatting with you a little.
Lunchables - It was nice to finally meet you. That Toon Link is amazing. Better than mine ever was. My Kirby is still on the road to getting much better.
AeroLink - No birthday luck this time around, but I did enjoy watching you play. Specifically your set against Infinity was really impressive.
UTDZac - I had a great time playing with you and getting to know you better. Whenever your opponent requests double blind, I am willing to help.
Infinity - Always love hanging out with you. Thank you for almost housing us. Maybe we'll be able to take you up next time for real. I'm also glad to hear that your love life is on the up and up.
Problemo - I really wanted the chance to rematch you in bracket. I gotta get through Abstract's Diddy first. Next time though!
Luck - Good stuff this weekend. Especially in teams. That character combo looked rough.
AbstractLogic - Good games man. I almost had you for a moment, but you did a great job at clutching it out. I gotta learn to keep the pressure on for the entire match.
Bwett - Good chatting it up with you. I'm looking forward to my graduate experience. I think it would be awesome if you reconsidered your dissertation, but it's entirely understandable if you don't.
Lites - Congrats on outplacing me! I enjoyed teaming with you as usual, and I look forward to the next time that we can do it.
WTBlake - Our set in the first round was really close! I enjoyed that kind of pressure. Good game man.
G-Rabbit - Oh you fancy, huh?
Nick - I'm glad that you could make it out. Hopefully you can start getting into the H-Town scene while it's growing. Hope to see you again soon.
Denthorn - I enjoyed our friendly set at the end. I agree with you that Mewtwo vs Kirby is awkward on both sides.
Jidas - Great job this weekend Connor. I saw some neat stuff with your Snake. Keep up the good work.
D-man2292 - I'm glad you feel a lot better about or set compared to PARG2. You were handling the Kirby jank much more efficiently. Until next time.
Bec - Thank you for the cookies. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time this weekend.
Hamlin - Good games man. Our set came down to the wire. I loved it.
2DFighter - Alex (I think)? I hope you enjoyed your first tournament with us. I look forward to you coming to more stuff with us.
Whit - Thank you again for coming out with us. I'm sorry to hear that things went sour for you personally this time, but I hope that doesn't affect you traveling with us in the future.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe one day I'll stop sucking at this game...

OJ Was Innocent aka Awestin: congrats, I need to play you in singles sometime, it's been too long.
Sethlon: Well I made you sweat a bit at least. You're like the only player I get nervous against still. I'm tired of playing you in every tourney though, put me in someone else's quadrant for once next time!
Oracle: I remain undefeated vs. you! Possibly because we haven't met in singles in like... two years now?
Denti: That MM was fun, once I learned to respect that fair things were going better, but I still have a lot to learn about Ivy's tricks.
Dakpo: Friendlies were fun, that matchup is so awkward, feels like G&W wins up close and far away, so I've gotta stay in this weird "kinda close" area to provide any kind of threat.
Lunchables: Stop going so fast I can't keep up. I have to remind myself the answer is always more pills
AeroLink: I wanted to money match you but I couldn't find you :(
UTDZac: We never got to play, that's no good.
Infinity: Sethlon makes me nervous but you just frustrate me to no end when we play lol. Maybe I can stop being dumb and give you a real challenge.
Disafter: Not too bad for our first time teaming. I have no idea how to team with a Lucas though. Maybe I should just throw pills to heal you? Or maybe I should learn a new character for teams.
Luck: Your diddy was wrecking me in teams, I still have zero handle on how that character works, I should've money matched you now that I think about it.
Bwett: Good luck with that Sheik, it's a hard road when you're combo bait and your recovery is so exploitable. Just don't waste your jumps!
WTBlake: The same thing I said to Bwett applies here too lol. You managed to grab me out of everything but Mario's combos on Sheik are too easy mode.
Denthorn: Enjoy the dollar. It feels like M2 beats everything Mario wants to do but that's probably just the salt talking.
D-man2292: I'll admit I've lost some faith in doc, but clearly I just need to be throwing more pills! I'm not quite ready to give up on him yet.
Hamlin: lol you don't play PM. If you put a tiny amount of time into Yoshi I think you could do well, but then that'd probably wreck your melee Yoshi. Dilemma!

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Just leave the poor little boy, Ness alone guys ;~;
He saived ur arses frum Gigyas mind u

i am very bad at this game
no one gets shout outs
no one gets anything
*pout*
this isnt evn a reel gaem
malay5lyfe
>Plays Pink Squirtle.
>gg
SHOUTOUTS:
NoxD:ness2:- Thanks for the free dollar man. I appreciate you empathizing with me when I lost that MM lol
Nah man you needed it. Just don't go around MM'ing trolly kids. :troll:
Probably but i'm poor af rn so I'll probably just have to Shrek match Noxd to have something to wager.
Next time there will be No xD's and more Shrek party games involved. You'll get what's coming for you
>Shrek is love
>Shrek is life

Shoutouts:
:lucas::ness2:Myself- 33rd place gg
:wolf::gw::sonic:Siro - It was tons of fun playing friendlies with you. Especially hanging out and ****. Those G&W ditto's tho
:falcon:Scotch - Although I barely got to play you other than in our MM it was fun, especially going places with the rest of Nerd Palace.
:marth:Soup - Shrek Match me irl
:??: Hiya/ Party - Gummy/ iPod match me irl
:lucas:Oracle - Your Lucas is inspiring, that is all.
:nessmelee:Awestin - "PK Fire is banned in this Ness ditto"
:squirtle:Hamlin - Shrek Teams MM me
:roypm:Sethlon - :smashville:
:yoshi2:Whit - You are really improving with your Yoshi, nice.

No offense to anyone I didn't mention. I'm really looking forward to Bowser's Revenge 11: Revenge of NoxD :dkmelee:

Last edited:
Top Bottom