• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bigger kirby glitch

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
so lemme get this straight.... when Kirby uses neutral B or up-B after using one of his midair jumps, he physically gets bigger, and it took us 15 years to realize this?
just make an UP-B in the air. Jump doesn't matter.

Big Kirby can't avoid Samus' fully charged shot anymore when ducking

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Who said anything about ban big kirby? That's dumb. Just ban regular kirby and kill 2 birds with 1 ban

Sangoku

Smash Master
Timotheus and mixa:

You're both right (and wrong). It depends on when Kirby is during his ducking swing. People tend to forget that no character is perfectly static. The small animation they have while standing (or ducking) still moves their hurtbox, so sometimes a move may hit, sometimes it may not, even if the positions are exactly the same. So bigger Kirby can sometimes get caught by Samus' fully charged shot and sometimes can avoid it.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Wait, this doesn't even require specific timing or anything, you just jump, double jump, UP B onto stage ANYWHERE in there, and you get noticeably bigger?

It blows my mind that this hid for so long. Though when I think about it, Melee has been scoured for bugs more extensively than Smash 64

Studstill

Smash Ace
Ummmm, I knew about this. You all and your UpB move racism. Just saying. Madao/mixa, awesome gifs!

Last edited:
Top Bottom