• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bend,Oregon smash

Zodiac

Smash Master
Its been a while since I looked around here for smashers,

anyone in the general area of bend, oregon and play melee?

Zodiac

Smash Master
I thought you played brawl, or I would contacted you already. Delphiki moved back to cali though. Anyway dude you interested in making the switch to melee?

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
I thought you played brawl, or I would contacted you already. Delphiki moved back to cali though. Anyway dude you interested in making the switch to melee?
Haha, not switching yet. Brawl is still too much fun for me. I will keep Melee in mind though.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'll admit, that did make me want to play Melee again after watching. BUT, Melee has no Sonic...
Dude I think you would like maining fox and falco, there about the cloest thing to sonic in melee and their soooo fun, trust me once you get to being half as good as zhu with fox and falco you'll have a lot more fun playing melee.

You forgot that Sonic sucks.
Sup keeper!

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
You forgot that Sonic sucks.
Half the reason I play him. I love making people go :dizzy: when I play against them.

Dude I think you would like maining fox and falco, there about the cloest thing to sonic in melee and their soooo fun, trust me once you get to being half as good as zhu with fox and falco you'll have a lot more fun playing melee.
I used to play a little Falco. Never progressed far enough though.

Edit: Just finished playing Melee a little bit again. Man I am hating how Falco is controlling. I'm preferring Mario now.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Half the reason I play him. I love making people go :dizzy: when I play against them.

I used to play a little Falco. Never progressed far enough though.

Edit: Just finished playing Melee a little bit again. Man I am hating how Falco is controlling. I'm preferring Mario now.
Hmm does that mean your willing to come to a melee smash fest, Im trying to get one together with the other three smashers in town.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Alright I'll let you know when. In the mean time...Im going to try and keep this thread oh so slightly alive in the off chance that there are other bend smashers around.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Okay then, I'll just hold another tournament, from now on I'll try to make them at the end of each month.

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
Sure thing. We're essentially South/Central Oregon now. Most of us dink around in our Facebook group. We have bi-monthlies every 1st and 3rd Saturday at little Japanese/Anime goods store in town called Wabi Sabi. The owner is gracious enough to allow us a FREE venue, though if they have a another event scheduled on the same day it has priority.

1st Saturday is usually our dedicated tourney day, 2-7 pm. Sometimes for money, sometimes for glory. Wabi Sabi occasionally provides free prizes that consist of trinkets from the store. 3rd Saturday is either a small tourney day or lab/mess around day, depending on how many show up, 3:30-7 pm. Ruleset is posted to the FB page as well. We run customs, though most of us don't use it as much yet.

The main game is Smash 4, though Project M is starting to get more attention from the players. There is also always a Melee setup around as well. We have about 10-15 regulars that show up each event. If anyone in Central Oregon wants to come or needs more info, let us know in the Facebook page (or message me here).

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Cool, thanks for posting that. I can add the info to the OP of the Oregon Smash thread and if anyone in your area drops by, the info will be there for them.

Top Bottom