• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belay Ledge Stall Viability

Captain Earth

Smash Rookie
I have been recently putting time into this and can do it semi-consistently. Before i put too much time into it, How viable is it?

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
I'm not quite sure what you mean by asking how viable the move is, but it definitely has its uses, like snapping to ledge quickly, saving Nana without putting yourself in a bad position, and can also sometimes be used to force the opponent away from the ledge while you're grabbing by offensively using the hitbox from throwing Nana, to name a few. Plus it looks nifty.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I think he's talking about the solo belay stall, because you are not invulnerable during the nana rocket.

For the solo stall, it's definitely something I've thought about a lot, it's not the best stall in the world since if you miss it or someone is in position to snatch the ledge you're boned (plus it doesn't have a hitbox at all, so you can't even protect yourself a little like sheik would be able to)

It's definitely something that has uses though, and I, personally, need to practice more. Primarily It's good for refreshing you're invulnerability when edgeguarding or protecting yourself against things like marth trying to dtilt you off the ledge.

it's not the greatest thing on the planet, but it's a good tool to have.

Last edited:

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
Whoops, pardon my misinformation then. I tend forget about belay stalling so I misinterpreted your question. Sorry about that!

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I think it's definitely worth learning. It's much faster than refreshing your invincibility with a double jump, and therefore harder for your opponent to predict when you will waveland onto the stage.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Actually saw Wobbles using this at Aftershock, after Westballz shined him out of the usual double jump refresh.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I've been trying to incorporate it a little more the last few days. I kill myself a little more than I'm comfortable with right now though.
mostly from accidentally ice blocking.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I've been trying to incorporate it a little more the last few days. I kill myself a little more than I'm comfortable with right now though.
mostly from accidentally ice blocking.
Yeah, that happens to me too sometimes. It's hard because if you tilt up too far, you double jump and make yourself extremely vulnerable, but if you tilt too little you SD. It's gonna take a lot more practice before I'm comfortable using it in tournament matches.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yeah, that happens to me too sometimes. It's hard because if you tilt up too far, you double jump and make yourself extremely vulnerable, but if you tilt too little you SD. It's gonna take a lot more practice before I'm comfortable using it in tournament matches.
basically where I'm at. I definitely see how useful it is (it is an invincible stall...).
Same problem I ran into when I decided to learn iceblock cancel nana rockets, except this is a viable thing and not just flashy stuff that nobody cares about because lol IC tech.

Top Bottom