• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beating the Ice Climbers

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
So I've been playing Peach for about five months now and everything has been fairly well. I've been slowly getting better at my edge-guards and turnips. I can eat Marths and Sheiks for breakfast (well at least until I play the people who have been playing for years), but for some reason I cannot beat the Ice Climbers. It doesn't matter who is playing them, I just can't beat them. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

Some things to note:
I tend to get grabbed a lot which definitely doesn't help
I might be relying too much on down smash

-ElectricCitrus

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Her Aerials are deadly vs IC's, all of her aerials separate them so you can kill nana v easy with peach

if you're getting grabbed you need to space your aerials

you can never rely too much on Dsmash, its godly vs IC's

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Alright I'll be sure to work on spacing. Part of my issue with d smash is I probably am too far from them to do anything and yet close enough for them to grab out of sheild :/

Dryillic

Smash Rookie
Watch M2K vs. Wobbles at Infinity and Beyond 18 (It's an amazing set if you have not seen it) I personally like M2K's strategy of a LOT of float cancelled fairs. Usually, with Nana lagging behind, a fair will hit her. From there, Nana AI makes it really easy to float cancel fair her off the edge.

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
Peach eats the Icies alive. Here's a secret, if you spend a majority of your time in the air? There's very little they can do. And if you FC your fair and nair it'll easily split them up and allow you to go in.

Top Bottom