• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beating Events 49 and 51?

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I've already beat event 49 (all-star deluxe) with Jiggs (cheap rest attack) but I'm going back through all the events with my main Luigi and I cannot beat the event.

Also I've tried with literally every character to beat the last event (the one with giga bowser, mewtwo and ganon) and I just can't. Advice on beating it with anyone would help (I just want to unlock FD) but advice for Luigi is preferable.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Use master hand. Seriously; plug your controller into port 3, then do the name entry glitch without selecting a character. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch

I honestly can't remember how I did it the first time (I was 12; I can't remember what character was used or even if someone else did it for me). With Luigi, I find the best tactic (and in other single player modes too) is to camp the ledge and space forward and down aerials most of the time, occasionally going onstage to use a smash once enough percent has been built up or to use items.

Giga Bowser will use fire breath a lot when you're trying to recovery, so go low. Ganondorf will often use his up-B if you're within range while offstage. Luck is important in single player; go for Poké balls, proximity mines, warp stars, fans, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaTyrant4792 has lots of runs of Event 51 which you could copy the strategies for.

Last edited:

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Thanks. I'll try your Luigi method first. If I can't do that I'll have to resort to Master Hand (the only reason I haven't done that yet is because my Wii froze up on me last time I tried)

Top Bottom