• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada BC CANADA Smash Tournament SFU Burnaby in April 28th FORWARD will be there!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
This Tournament will take place at Simon Fraser University (This is hosted by Evan AKA Meta on smashboards) in BURNABY!

Address= 8888 University Drive (Check the link below)

MAPQUEST: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=8888+University+Drive&city=Burnaby&state=BC&zipcode=

This will be in April 28th Saturday 2007!

ROOM NUMBER! = ASB 9705
THE OTHER ROOM NUMBER! = ASB 9896

Map of the University look in the middle of the page for the map and the instructions of where to park and everything..

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88947&page=22

TIME:
11am-8pm (Come at 10am so we can make brackets and such)

ENTRY: SINGLES $10
DOUBLES: $5 per person, $10 per team

Rules:

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals; Higher stock/percent wins, if exact draw, then match restarts with each player having one life and lasts until one wins.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Semi Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5. Finals are best out of 5 match.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks -- Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
*Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking.
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule,Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off

Additional rules:
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Banned stages can be picked if both players agree

Teams: Double Elimination

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64 -Dreamland.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Mini Hyrule, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Pot: 60/30/10 or 70/30 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Items: Off
Ties broken by lives/percentages, if exact tie, super sudden death
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

OTHER RULES:...

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

--Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

-- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. I will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

REMEMBER to either post HERE that you are for sure coming or let me know on MSN or by phone that you WILL be coming.You are ONLY confirmed, if I have (CONFIRMED) beside your name.

SUPPLIES: We will need as many TV's and Game Cubes as possible to make the tournament run smoothly. POST HERE or let me know one way or another IF YOU CAN BRING A TV and/or Game Cube. I will make a list of people that are coming, and a separate list of supplies. So PLEASE let me know if you can bring a TV and/or GC with you.

List (Ill keep editing the List when more people wanna come)

1. Eric (Blunted_Object10) (CONFIRMED)
2. Kyle (Camerican) (CONFIRMED)
3. Evan (Meta) (CONFIRMED)
4. Kaleb (CONFIRMED)
5. Matt (CONFIRMED)
6. Nathan (CONFIRMED)
7. Michael (CONFIRMED)
8. Robbie (GensisFTW) (CONFIRMED)
9. Dave (TheBeef) (CONFIRMED)
10. Wilfred (CONFIRMED)
11. Tony (DieSlow) (CONFIRMED)
12. Jon (CONFIRMED)
13. James (Popsicler) (CONFIRMED)
14. Chris*
15. Ben*
16. Keith (AIDS) (CONFIRMED)
17. Roby (robyextreme) (CONFIRMED)
18. UltimaSmash (CONFIRMED)
19. Troy (Dark_Dragon8)*
20. Edmund (eszutu) (CONFIRMED)
21. Fox Machine (CONFIRMED)
22. Shane (Eggz) (CONFIRMED)
23. Flowing Edge (CONFIRMED)
24. Frank ($PITE) (CONFIRMED)
25. Ben (Someguy13) (CONFIRMED)
26. Tiep (Patooty) (CONFIRMED)
27. Scott (Gamepro) (CONFIRMED)
28. Dan (JumpFreak) (CONFIRMED)
29. Manuel (firexemblemxpryde)
30. John (Hitsugaya) (CONFIRMED)
31. Otto (Silent_Wolf) (CONFIRMED)
32. Nate (Tori) (CONFIRMED)
32. FireStorm88*
33. PG 17 (CONFIRMED)
34. Bird (CONFIRMED)
35. The Boss (CONFIRMED)
36. Forward (CONFIRMED)
37. Justin Meagher (miggsthejust)
38. Travis (CONFIRMED)
39. Quinn (CONFIRMED)
40. Ryan Eves (CONFIRMED)
41. Anthony Graham (CONFIRMED)
42. Josh*
43. Charles Simmons (CONFIRMED)
44. Evan R (CONFIRMED)
45. Adam (NoobKing) (CONFIRMED)
46. Ryan (CowEar) (CONFIRMED)
47. Jeff (Byakuya) (CONFIRMED)
48. Nick (Nintensity) (CONFIRMED)
49. Steven (gogogobaby) (CONFIRMED)
50. JAPMAN (CONFIRMED)
51. Brian Vidovic (CONFIRMED)
52. Andrew (supsup) (CONFIRMED)
53. Hillary (CONFIRMED)
54. Ross (Shermanator) (CONFIRMED)
55. Thekidwiththefa (CONFIRMED)
56. Kaelen (CONFIRMED)
57. Christian (Dead Sexy Vocab) *
58. Yang *
59. klassic (CONFIRMED)
60. Blakout (CONFIRMED)
61. Tony (Gimpyfish) (CONFIRMED)
62. Teddy (Bladewise) (CONFIRMED)
63. Ammon (Ka-Master)*
64. Jem*
65. Kurtis (CONFIRMED)
66. Howard (Kuriko) (CONFIRMED)
67. Tao (ATM SPIDERTAO) (CONFIRMED)
68. Andrew Wan (CONFIRMED)
69. Tariq kahn (CONFIRMED)
70. Peter Maxwell (CONFIRMED)
71. hanz ng (CONFIRMED)
72. Bernie (CONFIRMED)
73. koosta seguinis*
74. Jeremy (CONFIRMED)
75. Peanut Reactor*
76. Shawn (Shawnbaker18) (CONFIRMED)
77. Craig Beatty (CONFIRMED)
78. Graysib Scabtkebury (CONFIRMED)
79. Stu Windsor (CONFIRMED)

68 (CONFIRMED) 11 (UNCONFIRMED) = 79 people

Supplies

1.Eric {GC} (TV)
2.Kyle {GC} 1(TV)*
3.Evan {GC} 2(TV) [VCR] "N64"
4.Jon {GC}
5.James 4(TV)
6. Keith 1{GC} 2[VCR]
7. Christian 1{GC}*
8. Adam 1{GC}
9. Manuel 1{GC} 1(TV)*

8{GC}* 9(TV)* 3[VCR] 1"N64"

Pay 5$ for food and drinks...

Metà

Smash Master
Okay, so now that I've confirmed that this will be happening, my only concern is that this will overlap with Dan's tourney. I have a window of a little over a week in which to host this, late April. If I remember properly, Dan's tourney is on the 21st, which means I probably can't host it on the 20th, because it's the day before. As of now, I think I'll have it on the 28th, but again, I haven't yet confirmed what day it is going to be.

I will be bringing 1 TV, 1 GCN, and hopefully a VCR. I'll be bringing my crew, which now consists of Kaleb, Matt, Nathan, and Michael (new guy).

Oh yeah, and I would really like to have a smash 64 event at this tourney, if time permits. I'd like it if everyone who is interested would say, in their first post in this thread, whether they are interested in entering. If there isn't enough interest, I'll simply scrap the idea, but just in case this does end up happening, please let us know if you'll be able to bring an N64.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Depends how late in April (finals), so I am not sure. After the 25th I'm free of finals.
My last exam is on the 26th, but will go away on vacation on the 29th, so my chances of making it are smaller than yours.
That being said, I would gladly replace a day of studying with a day of smash.:)

Metà

Smash Master
So far, only 4 people have actually shown interest in joining the 64 tourney (me, Kaleb, Michael, and Eric). Come on people, smash 64 is so awesome! :laugh:

robyextreme

Smash Ace
So far, only 4 people have actually shown interest in joining the 64 tourney (me, Kaleb, Michael, and Eric). Come on people, smash 64 is so awesome! :laugh:
Lol I haven't played that in a long time maybe I'll try again at the tourney if theres time. I was a furious pikachu on ssb. :chuckle:

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
THIS BETTER BE AFTER APRIL 27 IF IT'S NOT YOU SUCK AND NOBODY LIKES TO SUCK SO HOST IT AFTER APRIL 27

I have exams until the 27th. So please host it later in the month.

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
omg...im gunna be there...this is news to me...oh well...i assume i have nothing else to do...and evan...look at all of those dots...doesnt it just...fill...you...with...rage...

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
g.....e......o......r......g.......e.....h.....a.........s.........n.......o.......p......e......n..i......s........!...!..!....!...!...!...d.....o.........y.....o.......u.....?........

i jus felt like doing tht for some reason-.- im surprised me / tiep arent confirmed yet.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Didn't I mention it will probably be on the 28th?
Yeah, but I had to bug you just to make sure it'll probably happen later in the month. Now that you know it's in conflict with me, you might be less likely to change the date to make it earlier, in order to be an accomodating host.

*envisions self practising smash instead of studying for finals*

EDIT: Oh, and if I can find a decent N64 controller around, I'll play in the 64 tourney. It's a land where Kirby is good.

Metà

Smash Master
Okay, 8 people confirmed for smash 64 so far. ^ ^ Doesn't Adam play smash 64? Is Adam even confirmed for this?

EDIT: Mark me down for bringing 1 N64

I guess you can consider me and Nate confirmed.
This'll be on the 28th right? Only day left in April now lol
i want moneymatches plz

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm in as long as I don't have work.
I always seem to say this and can never make it, but I have hope this time >.>

Just got a call this week saying I'll be randomly working between April 20th and June 3rd.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Who's this "forward"?

Forward like marth's only good smash? Forward like the aerial that leads into a spike in the Ken Combo? OR FORWARD LIKE IN TAJ AND FORWARD?!

Whereabouts are you right now?

xP I -have- to come to this now.

KokiriEmblem

Smash Cadet
I'm going with
Travis AKA "TJCM"
Kuinn AKA "TJCA
Egan AKA "Abso"
Kevon
Mathew AKA "MSG" (KokiriEmblem)
William
Josh AKA "TJCH"