• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Brawl Monthlies = Mar. 2nd, 2013

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Brawl Doubles(click for bracket)

1: Aki Sora (Big D + Jason) ($50) :wario: + :metaknight:
2: This Is Why (Firefly + Breez) ($10) :metaknight: + :metaknight:
3: Team Not Affiliated With Big D (Captain L + Kantrip) :pikachu2: + :diddy:
4: Neebee + Aleate :marth: + :zelda:
5: SKiddWaffle (Skidd + Starwaffle) :metaknight: + :pikachu2:
5: Low Sodium Diet (Traffic + Cabo) :metaknight: + :metaknight:

Brawl Singles Pools
Pool 1
1. Big D
2. Breez
3. Aleate
4. Meta

Pool 2
1. Firefly
2. Kantrip
3. SKidd
4. Irisz

Pool 3
1. Captain L
2. H
3. Neebee
4. Starwaffle
5. Koen

Brawl Singles (click for bracket)
1: Big D ($36) :popo: :wario:
2: Captain L ($18) :pikachu2:
3: Firefly ($6) :metaknight:
4: H :wolf:
5: Neebee :marth:
5: Aleate :zelda:
7: Kantrip :diddy:
7: Breez :metaknight:
9: Starwaffle :pikachu2:
9: Irisz :link2:
9: SKidd :metaknight:
9: Meta :metaknight:
13: Koen :gw:

P:M Singles (click for bracket)
1: Firefly ($33) :diddy: :charizard:
2: Captain L ($16.50) :pikachu2: :jigglypuff:
3: Big D ($5.50) :dedede: :luigi: :snake:
4: Meta :wolf:
5: Aleate :zelda:
5: Breez :zerosuitsamus:
7: Grape :zelda:
7: SinisterB :wolf:
9: Irisz :link2:
9: Koen :sheik:
9: Traffic :squirtle: :bowser2:
9: Cabosan :charizard:
13: Starwaffle (forfeit) :squirtle:

Shoutouts to new Smashboards for making results thread formatting painful now~

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
wtf Jake won PM

this is what happens when i knock myself out of bracket

shoutouts to
SINISTER COMBOS
JJ winning PM congrats
benny boo, our set was tight too bad it wasn't recorded
traff cause you da man
meta making sure i was in bracket and getting goobed out
yakslol
koen being a little homie show up more and learn the ways of BC
skidd being a freak (as always)
sinisterb you suck get top 3 next time
annoying bigd

fun tourney, no johns GGs, see you guys at the next event!

SKidd

Smash Master
you just need to get a **** piercing dog then u'll understand

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i'd need a license to kill with a weapon like that

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
BY THE WAY

breez, where the heck did you get your PM 2.5 menu with the zss on it?? that right there is the business and i want it

send it to me pls <3

breez

Smash Ace
BY THE WAY

breez, where the heck did you get your PM 2.5 menu with the zss on it?? that right there is the business and i want it

send it to me pls <3

d00d traf made that for me cause he's sick. ask him.

also, we are making a tourny ready BC P:M pack. keep a lookout ;)

Captain L

Smash Champion
He went all diddy except grand finals

If you enjoy watching zard vs jiggs though you can find the video on my stream videos pages somewhere at http://twitch.tv/captainlpika

Really fun tourney guys, 10/10 would do again

A thought for doubles, since the size of the prize pool was the same size as singles, maybe it's for the best that we stick to 70/30 next time instead of entry fee/the rest. Just seems like 2nd place works pretty hard just to break even.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to: everyone who played dubs friendlies with me
that Ivysaur who never missed a Solar Beam
Caiden for risking his life by eating those gummies
Daze for not showin up
Irisz for comming all the way out and repping Link
Skidd partnering with me
metaknight
150%+ timeouts
Koen for playing some great friendlies with me
Jason for killing me at 0% with rest

Also even though I never played for P:M singles, wanna put a Squirtle next to my name?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
C'mon -H-! You can beat Big D and Firefly. I expect no less then top 3 from you next tourney.

:018:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Landon for allowing me to be stream operator
Skidd and Trevor for nutty conversations
Jeremy for being a bro and eating poison with me
Jake for side B
Kevin for doing a great job at repping our darling Zelda

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
follow up shouts to sinnyb- props to being probs best match i have played, cant wait til i can get more reg practise with yall

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
kevin is such a HERO
<3

Fun tournament. Had a lucky streak with Zelda.

Watch out -H-, I may go Peach on you next time or will I have to revive my Sheik! Top 3? We'll just have to see since NeeBee and I will be harder to get through than ever next time <3
:peach: > :wolf:

Shoutouts to come.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh and shoutouts to -H-. I was happy I got to play you, I've wanted to for awhile now. That wolf is superb! I probably wouldn't of even been able to get a stock off of you if I hadn't gone Luigi.

and also to Neebee for reading me like a grade school book with Marth. You're too good.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
<3

Watch out -H-, I may go Peach on you next time or will I have to revive my Sheik! Top 3? We'll just have to see since NeeBee and I will be harder to get through than ever next time <3

Shoutouts to come.
$600 dollar MM? :peach: is bad.

:018:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Come to Vancouver, then we'll talk money.

Peach is bad though. H loves my Peach though. He's almost more familiar with Peach's fair than his own bair :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wow, props to Firefly for repping Charizard. Are there any videos?
Thanks, but it looks like the stream cut out before GFs started. Honestly, you probably aren't missing much anyway; GFs were kind of silly.

-dead- @ Joe challenging Kevin of all people to a $600 MM.

Luke...I did...Diddy stuff? I don't even know.

GGs to everybody, I had so many really good sets in Brawl singles this tournament. Still need to get better at keeping my head in the game in high pressure situations, but I learned a little something in that respect in P:M. Now I just have to transfer that lesson over to Brawl...

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
<3

Shoutouts to come.
Lol it's in Wolf's favour actually.

:L

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'm not losing to Wolf lol, I know how he works and my characters are just too strong vs him.

Shout outs to

Jason for winning dubs with me, no one could match our sibling bond.
Jeremie for lending me his controller, and discussing Mirai Nikki with me.
Neebee and Kevin causing some unexpected upsets.
Landon for over coming some of his mental barriers.
H for being a really good sport for when I taunted, sorry about that I really am. Did it without thinking in response to Kevin.
Trevor for almost beating H
Brandon for teaming with me in PM.
Evan for the awesome sets.
Jake for winning PM, without facing me :glare:
Ben for some awesome friendlies, please get back into brawl.
Caiden for not entering, even with the 1$ sponsorship.
Irisz for coming all the way from chilliwack, I would really recommend practicing Falco.
Cabo and Traffic for the awesome team name.
Koen for being surprisingly not bad, keep coming out bro.
Skidd for losing to Zelda, but it's k.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm not losing to Wolf lol, I know how he works and my characters are just too strong vs him.

Shout outs to

Jason for winning dubs with me, no one could match our sibling bond.
Jeremie for lending me his controller, and discussing Mirai Nikki with me.
Neebee and Kevin causing some unexpected upsets.
Landon for over coming some of his mental barriers.
H for being a really good sport for when I taunted, sorry about that I really am. Did it without thinking in response to Kevin.
Trevor for almost beating H
Brandon for teaming with me in PM.
Evan for the awesome sets.
Jake for winning PM, without facing me :glare:
Ben for some awesome friendlies, please get back into brawl.
Caiden for not entering, even with the 1$ sponsorship.
Irisz for coming all the way from chilliwack, I would really recommend practicing Falco.
Cabo and Traffic for the awesome team name.
Koen for being surprisingly not bad, keep coming out bro.
Skidd for losing to Zelda, but it's k.

Nah, I'm just free son.

'Twill be done.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, I know it's Wolf's favour but I like Peach more than Wolf :p She should be in mid tier, in my opinion. Her jab is MK tier though :)

Okay shoutouts!

Big D: Tired of being stuck up at 1st yet? I just kid but good work once again. It's so depressing how your random characters beat everybody and your Peach did so much work on H's Wolf :( What do you mean you taunted in response to me? Did my taunting habit rub off on you? :p (So everybody knows, I taunt because Peach has really funny taunts and I use them a lot and I definitely never mean any disrespect)

Captain L: I'm so impressed with your work and sacrifice on the livestream. One issue I had was that the one singles game of me I could find sounded like I was playing at the airport, lol. Thanks for playing with me at the very end. You beat me solidly but I'll make a comeback! Also, with all that money you won, PLEASE buy a keyboard. It's so gross that your keys have bugs in them and hair sticks out of it.

Firefly: Omg I could only fight your Fire Emblem team once but I admit the little excursion we had wasn't really that fun. We should play friendlies next time! Good job winning P:M - I didn't even know Diddy was in it.

H: Sorry for sounding like such a jerk to you (if you took me that way). I'm so happy to see you doing well this tournament and I can definitely see the work you put into learning Peach! See you next time and apparently you gave up study time to come (like me) so thanks for coming!

NeeBee: I can't stop thinking I really let you down in doubles so I'm sorry. If we ever team again, maybe I'll go Peach and see what difference it would make especially since my Zelda was still really rusty at that time and we had to play doubles shortly after I arrived. Also, you keep getting better so fast and you finally beat Landon so props for that!

Aleate: Got so lucky with Zelda! :p Wondered about that tag? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjnBPSBmVIo

Kantrip: Chin up! You're so good and I feel like your recent results don't really represent your skill level. We didn't play Brawl together at all which sucks (but I do dislike Diddy...) but Melee was SO much fun so thanks for spending all that time with me. It was nice chatting with you also and I hope our talk encouraged you just a little.

Breez: How strange that my Zelda does better than Peach against your Meta Knight. I know P:M is great and all that, but I'm sure you can be into both games at the same time. Thanks for coming such a long way to the venue and see you next time!

Starwaffle: Barely played you. Your Pikachu is so good at doubles and did so much work! Stay healthy and I will see you next time! Your controllers look very impressive.

Irisz: Sorry for raging at your Link. It definitely got way better but your playstyle just really enrages me :( Don't be afraid to approach random people to partner with you for doubles. You came all this way so make sure to make the most out of each of your trips.

SKidd: Haha fun games in singles and doubles. I think you should play Mario again... he was really fun to play against and I'm sure he's a lot more rewarding to play? Good stuff on bringing Koen to the venue and I hope you two can practise a lot. No more awkward questions, please!

Meta: Sorry for being a whiny *****. After being severely camped earlier, I really didn't want to deal with being timed out. You're definitely a competitor in my eyes and your Wolf just blew me away in P:M. Hope to play you again soon in P:M and Melee. I'll see what I can do about the 23rd.

Koen: Woah you're pretty good at this game. Don't give up because you gave me some trouble in our friendlies. You have a really good mindset and I'm happy to see you're motivated to come to the next monthly. Trust me, your commitment will be rewarded. See you next time and I'll definitely be sure to play you a ton!

Grape: So nice to have seen you this monthly. Our P:M game was so funny but I bet it was lame to almost everybody else and we lost stream viewers for it :p We'll have to eat out for food with Landon (and anybody else) sometime soon!

Sinister: Saw you but didn't play you much at all. We'll have to do something next time :)

Traffic: Nice seeing you again and nice stuff in doubles. I think you should still invest in Brawl because whether you believe it or not, Brawl will help you improve in P:M. I honestly think my time playing Melee actually improved my Peach and influenced my playstyle. I plan to play Melee a lot more in the future!

Cabo: I had fun in our doubles game and the P:M games we played together. You were a tough opponent for me and I'm not sure if I could have done as well as I did if it weren't for Peach. Keep playing and coming to these monthlies and I'll see you next time!

Yakal: Thanks for playing Melee with me. It really helped calm me down during my brief moment of insanity from Brawl. I actually liked your commentary and I personally wouldn't mind seeing you doing more in the future. See you at the next Melee tournament or Smashfest?

I spotted so many mistakes in this post but it's midterm time and I'm really tired. This new forum is awful.

SKidd

Smash Master
SKidd: Haha fun games in singles and doubles. I think you should play Mario again... he was really fun to play against and I'm sure he's a lot more rewarding to play? Good stuff on bringing Koen to the venue and I hope you two can practise a lot. No more awkward questions, please!
you don't understand how mentally scarring it is losing to zelda

to zelda

to ****ING ZELDA

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Lol my game vs Dawson's Peach was more or less a lulz-factor match. At least for me : P

And no offense taken. I haven't put *THAT* much work in vs the Peach MU, but I've managed to play a few Peach mains here and there and picked up a few things. You're getting better though Kevin. Don't abandon Peach in tourney. It has tools to go far.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Oh yeah, somebody left the Dazzle + cords sitting on one of the tables. It's sitting in my desk drawer right now; I figured it wouldn't last long there. :x
probably Evan's

Top Bottom