• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Did anyone seriously expect Smash stuff?
No, but plenty of unexpected things have happened in regards to Smash. It doesn't hurt to keep the possibility in mind.

The game looks like a lot of fun. I'll most likely end up with a Wii U when Smash Bris comes out, so this will be another game to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I'm not disappointed for no Bayonetta reveal, but I guess she can be revealed at later dates, of course, considering she IS in the game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Can't say I'm not disappointed for no Bayonetta reveal, but I guess she can be revealed at later dates, of course, considering she IS in the game.
I'm becoming increasingly fond of the idea of playable Bayonetta. She could rock that red Chinese dress as one of her alt costumes.

Although I do wonder if she has a chance of getting in as dlc if she doesn't make the initial roster......I fear if Bayonetta 2 isn't a huge success then the "dlc boat" will have sailed away before character dlc is even announced.

(assuming character dlc is a thing)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I liked that Bayonetta direct but didn't expect to see any Smash news. That is a bit expected considering Sega still owns the rights and she is still a 3rd party character. Plus she might have raised the rating for Smash but I guess you people might have already debated that before.

Although you never know, Nintendo is unexpected sometimes.

Still I am hyped up for Bayonetta 1 + 2 now! October is going to be really busy with Smash and then Bayonetta 2!

Booster

Smash Lord
Bayonetta in Smash 4 isn't going to happen, because of her innuendo and sex moans she would jump the rating up to a T rating, since ESRB are Hardasses.

I would love it if it happened but honestly Ridley has a better chance.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea the whole direct was full of innuendo seeing its a Bayonetta game. A great stylish action game, just not suited for Smash.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I liked that Bayonetta direct but didn't expect to see any Smash news. That is a bit expected considering Sega still owns the rights and she is still a 3rd party character. Plus she might have raised the rating for Smash but I guess you people might have already debated that before.

Although you never know, Nintendo is unexpected sometimes.

Still I am hyped up for Bayonetta 1 + 2 now! October is going to be really busy with Smash and then Bayonetta 2!
If she gets revealed at today's Pic Of the Day I will cry.

Other than that, DLC BOAT GO!!!!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If she gets revealed at today's Pic Of the Day I will cry.

Other than that, DLC BOAT GO!!!!
Well since I am rooting for another character myself, and I like games like Bayonetta 2, I really won't oppose her inclusion myself.

Although it is likely that she will get atleast an AT appearance but that again depends on Nintendo.

Good luck to you guys! Who knows, maybe you can get a toned down version of Bayonetta as DLC? Unlikely in starting roster though.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Well since I am rooting for another character myself, and I like games like Bayonetta 2, I really won't oppose her inclusion myself.

Although it is likely that she will get atleast an AT appearance but that again depends on Nintendo.

Good luck to you guys! Who knows, maybe you can get a toned down version of Bayonetta as DLC? Unlikely in starting roster though.
Palutena was my most wanted newcomer, next to her is Bayonetta.

If she does get in, it's quite obvious she would be toned down, but I don't expect her regular attacks to be much of a problem.

I have all my hopes on today's PotD, though.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Bayonetta in Smash 4 isn't going to happen, because of her innuendo and sex moans she would jump the rating up to a T rating, since ESRB are Hardasses.

I would love it if it happened but honestly Ridley has a better chance.
Games can still have nudity and be rated teen. Besides, you don't really see anything aside from her figure.

Last edited:

N-WGIX

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkDestructor
Parody account, pal.
Ok did not know that was a fake account. Sorry, don't know that much about Twitter.

Bayonetta should be put in Super Smash Bros for marketing purposes. This can help advertise Bayonetta 2, and make the Bayonetta franchise and make the character herself more well known. That is the best unbiased reason why Bayonetta should be in Super Smash Bros, as it will benefit both Nintendo and Platinum Games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ok did not know that was a fake account. Sorry, don't know that much about Twitter.
Not a problem now, which is why I just gave you a warning rather than infract you. Just try to look through accounts more before posting. People don't take kindly to fakes :p

EDIT - I just merged your two posts. Avoid double posting if you can. I recommend checking out the Global Rules since you're still new.

Back to Bayonetta discussion though.

N-WGIX

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkDestructor
Like I said Bayonetta should be added to Super Smash Bros for publicity to advertise Bayonetta 2. This can make Bayonetta more well known and can help with the sales of Bayonetta 2. This will benefit Nintendo as Bayonetta is pretty much an asset to them and Super Smash Bros is such a popular game this can make Bayonetta much more well known if she is added as a playable character as it will pique the curiosity of curious gamers looking for something new. Other than that Bayonetta has immense potential as a character and any Bayonetta fan can see that. It would stupid not to add her, though I am not getting my hopes up too much.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Would Bayonetta being dlc affect the age rating of the base game or would it just affect the rating of her dlc?

Just curious. I assume it would depend on whether those without dlc can still interact with that dlc online.

There could be a loophole for Bayonetta through dlc.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Would Bayonetta being dlc affect the age rating of the base game or would it just affect the rating of her dlc?

Just curious. I assume it would depend on whether those without dlc can still interact with that dlc online.

There could be a loophole for Bayonetta through dlc.
DLC doesn't get rated.

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
I dont know why but I feel like zero suit samus was initially gonna be bayonetta (though very unlikely). I feel like Her jet boots could have initially been Bayonetta's weird gun heel thingies. I can picture bayonetta performing ZSS' UpB at least

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I highly doubt that Bayonetta will be DLC. It's not about the age rating that I want her to stay out, it's that she's THIRD PARTY. I think it's very unlikely that we will get third party DLC, even if we did, the only ones I'd be okay with are either Snake or Tails.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Then there's the fact that Bayonetta 2 would most likely flop. Many retailers were only given a limited amount copies based on preorders and walk-in purchases were minimal. The Gamestop I've came to yesterday that they've only managed to sell 30 copies on launch day and I've bought the last copy yesterday. It's safe to say that Operation Platinum was a complete failure to begin with.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While not a huge fan of the Baynetta series, I feel that Bayonetta would be a pretty good fit to Smash with a few wardrobe adjustments. Plus, the amount of material she has that the team could drawn from would be pretty amazing.

And something I made when I was bored...Bayonetta Kirby.

Attachments

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Bayonetta 2 charted at #7 in the UK according to Nintendolife.

Sounds pretty promising, it looks like Bayonetta 2 might do reasonably well for itself.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Bayonetta, I think her being rated PEGI 12 / ESRB T is possible. The main problem is the blood and the swearing, two things absolutely not necessary for smash. About her getting naked... As long as it's censored (even with some hair hiding what must be hidden), I know that it's okay for PEGI. And the "bikini mode" is enough for weave attacks.

Now, her being DLC? Only if they allow third party characters. But I can see her being a trophy. We have some trophies like Goligan or Maya, 2 series that aren't really Nintendo's property... Not to mention Rayman.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There are tons of other characters who deserve to make the cut before Bayo

Staarih

Smash Master
Okay, so after watching some footage of Bayonetta 2 and checking out the reviews for it (which are beyond good), it really looks like an amazing game, with awesome music may I add. As such, I also began to really like Bayonetta as a character and I think she'd be a good fit in Smash. If the Bayonetta games remain Nintendo-exclusive, I'd say she definitely has a shot in a future Smash game if she doesn't make it as DLC in these ones. She has so much moveset potential, and with a few touch-ups on her look (to tone it down) she'd basically be at the same level as Zero Suit Samus (who essentially could work as a base for Bayonetta anyway). Count me in as a supporter, I guess haha!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Bayonetta is a case similar to Snake, considering their creators are friends with Sakurai.

This, and Platinum Games is clearly not against seeing some content in Smash (interviews + the Wonderful 101 content). By the way, who wouldn't want to have things in Smash?

It's more or less a matter of "Should third parties be in DLCs?"

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
If I would say, Wonder Red looks like he has a higher chance for me, already 2 songs and over 4 trophies,

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Finally had the time to play Bayonetta 1 for the Wii U after buying it in October. This game is absolutely hilarious!

At first, I thought it was just going to be a typical crass, grotesque mindless action game, but they managed to flawlessly mix darkness, thrill, and comicality in one delectable parcel.

The main character has an awesome personality. Her saucy, witty nature makes for an interesting heroine. I especially liked the scene where she acts like she's going to punch Enzo, only to pick off the microphone hidden in his coat.

I look forward to seeing where the rest of the game's story goes.

[EDIT] Looking back, I really wish Platinum Games had been the one to develop No More Heroes. I think I would have liked it much better.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If I would say, Wonder Red looks like he has a higher chance for me, already 2 songs and over 4 trophies,
Well Wonder Red is owned by Nintendo, so these two characters aren't mutually exclusive. Both could get in.

If the Wii U miiverse screen is any indication, Nintendo fans have taken quite a shine to Bayonetta.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea I tried the Bayonetta 2 demo and I must say it was amazing. Can't wait forward to trying Bayonetta 1 and 2 when I get them. Will most likely supersede my previous favourite stylish action game DMC4.

Getting Bayonetta and Wonder Red would be great. Considering Bayonetta is 3rd party (albeit exclusive), Wonder Red being 1st party has a higher chance. Although Bayonetta 2 definitely sold more than Wonderful 101.

And then there is always her mature nature which might make her hard to translate into an E game like Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom