• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Or she just keeps her clothes on when doing the moves. lol

or uh.. she could do the thing I just said. Is your idea better for some reason?

Edit: also.. Moves? I said Final Smash.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure this is relevant for fans of the series.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-04-2014/

Personally, I would really like to see Bayonetta in Smash Bros. - I don't know how likely it is, but I feel like she'd be a lot of fun to play as if her games themselves are any indication.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet

LOL. Just waiting for Miiverse posts saying that Bayonetta is going to be confirmed.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360

LOL. Just waiting for Miiverse posts saying that Bayonetta is going to be confirmed.
Back when Bayonetta 2 was announced I really wanted her in Smash. My want was dimmed a bit but I would still love to see her in the game. Bayonetta 1 was my favorite action game for a loooooooooong time. Bout til Risiing Reveangence came out.

I just don't see Sakurai doing it. She just so for a Mature audience and she doesn't have that Kojima/Sakurai hook up to help her.

Two days, can't wait! Hope she is in Smash! She has my support.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Actually she does have the "Sakurai friends with her creator" thing going for her.

So it's that and her new game being a Wii U exclusive. But that's it sadly.

You could also argue for Her entire franchise being on the Wii U helping.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Actually she does have the "Sakurai friends with her creator" thing going for her.

So it's that and her new game being a Wii U exclusive. But that's it sadly.

You could also argue for Her entire franchise being on the Wii U helping.
Also just advertising the game and another female character could help her in, too.

I really want her in, but I doubt it, and I think the game rating of E10+ proves it.

Still, I would LOVE to be wrong. Let's hope this next direct confirms her I suppose.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I won't be surprised to see them either.

I still think she'd work pretty easily, what with ZSS's new design.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Could we consider Bayonetta officially disconfirmed if she doesn't appear in Smash on the direct on Thursday?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Could we consider Bayonetta officially disconfirmed if she doesn't appear in Smash on the direct on Thursday?
Why bother? That's a week from release. Just wait it out.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
She is confirmed this direct along with Shulk just being revealed, I might die. But then again we got nothing from the Hyrule Warriors/LoZ Direct awhile back when Ganondorf was revealed for Hyrule Warriors even though we now know he's still in Smash, so it could go either way.
But Bayo For Smash, most definitely, opportunity that can't be missed

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah I think so. I really doubt we'd get any secret 3rd parties.

Plus this is THE time to reveal Bayonetta playable. There isn't going to be a more perfect time than tomorrow.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Yeah I think so. I really doubt we'd get any secret 3rd parties.

Plus this is THE time to reveal Bayonetta playable. There isn't going to be a more perfect time than tomorrow.
Basically this.

Let's not forget that while she has had two games with one as Wii U exclusive, she also had a cameo in the Nintendo owned The Wonderful 101.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Also take into account some times characters are announced on the days games relating to them are released.

Little Mac was announced the day Tropical freeze came out in japan, likely due to the fact he has connections to DK from boxing against him in Punch Out!! Wii. This is referenced in his official SSB4 Poster showing him fighting DK on an old Arcade Machine.

so even if Bayonetta doesn't get announced on this Direct, she still has a chance at being announced on the japanese, or english, release dates for Bayonetta 2.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Also take into account some times characters are announced on the days games relating to them are released.

Little Mac was announced the day Tropical freeze came out in japan, likely due to the fact he has connections to DK from boxing against him in Punch Out!! Wii. This is referenced in his official SSB4 Poster showing him fighting DK on an old Arcade Machine.

so even if Bayonetta doesn't get announced on this Direct, she still has a chance at being announced on the japanese, or english, release dates for Bayonetta 2.
I doubt it, at the NA/EU release of Bayonetta 2 the 3DS version of SSB4 would have already been released, and I also doubt it being revealed on the JP release because it's litereally just a few days apart from the direct, and it's more likely to be revealed on a direct as they always (almost) have been.

Well that would confirm that she's not comming in the initial roster but that doesn't stop her from comming as a DLC (even more if Bayonneta 2 ends up being a really good game)
You make a very good point that I haven't even thought of. I just hope DLC characters, if it happens, doesn't turn out to be expensive, but that's a topic for another day.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
A character not being revealed is not a disconfirmation. We didn't disconfirm Ness because he wasn't shown on the 20th anniversary of Earthbound. We only disconfirm a character when the Smash Bros. devs outright state that they are not-playable. Why the heck are you all so eager to jump the gun?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why do people think that's a good reason to say she's deconfirmed?

We didn't consider Impa deconfirmed after the Hyrule Warriors direct.

We didn't consider Wonder Red deconfirmed after the Wonderful 101 direct either.

Too much gun jumping.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I doubt she'd ever be in, but I have to think she'd make a mean Zero Suit Samus clone. She's already got the high heels, and skin-tight outfit. Not to mention a pistol/tazer, and Samus' whip could be replaced by Bayonetta's hair. ;)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Basically this.

Let's not forget that while she has had two games with one as Wii U exclusive, she also had a cameo in the Nintendo owned The Wonderful 101.
I agree. Bayonetta is going to have three appearances from games on the Wii U. Plus all the spotlight she's been getting from Nintendo and that time Sakurai was visiting Kamiya might mean something in the long run.

We will see what happens tomorrow. But just in case Inb4 she's in a trailer with Dark Pit.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Warning Received - Flaming
I doubt she'd ever be in, but I have to think she'd make a mean Zero Suit Samus clone. She's already got the high heels, and skin-tight outfit. Not to mention a pistol/tazer, and Samus' whip could be replaced by Bayonetta's hair. ;)
I'm sorry, do these moves look anything remotely like something Samus could do?
I'm sorry just ... claiming she'd be a clone of ZSSamus simply because she has guns and a skin tight outfit is simply the stupidest thing I've had to unfortunately read. It's obvious you've never played the game and know nothing about her character. Why don't you get your head out of your ***, and clean the **** out of your eyes and ears and learn something about her before posting something like that on this thread again.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm sorry just ... claiming she'd be a clone of ZSSamus simply because she has guns and a skin tight outfit is simply the stupidest thing I've had to unfortunately read. It's obvious you've never played the game and know nothing about her character. Why don't you get your head out of your ***, and clean the **** out of your eyes and ears and learn something about her before posting something like that on this thread again.
Is Ganondorf supposed to fight like a bounty hunter from a racing game? Just saying...

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Woah, that went a little too far, no need for that kind of language....

Anyways, if I can't have my most wanted PGames newcomer(Wonder Red), I'll just have to settle for second best!
I support her, and hope she gets revealed tmmrw!:awesome:

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Why do people think that's a good reason to say she's deconfirmed?

We didn't consider Impa deconfirmed after the Hyrule Warriors direct.

We didn't consider Wonder Red deconfirmed after the Wonderful 101 direct either.

Too much gun jumping.
A character not being revealed is not a disconfirmation. We didn't disconfirm Ness because he wasn't shown on the 20th anniversary of Earthbound. We only disconfirm a character when the Smash Bros. devs outright state that they are not-playable. Why the heck are you all so eager to jump the gun?
Hey, it's fun to speculate on possibilities. The game is near completion anyways, so that is another reason why.

I guess things were worded wrong, though. When I meant "disconfirmed", I meant that more than likely to be a secret/DLC/or having no trailer at all. 'Cause, hey, the actual game is releasing in a bit anyways.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Woah, that went a little too far, no need for that kind of language....

Anyways, if I can't have my most wanted PGames newcomer(Wonder Red), I'll just have to settle for second best!
I support her, and hope she gets revealed tmmrw!:awesome:
I just get tired of people constantly judging Bayonetta based soly on how she looks. Shes a wonderful character with unique abilities all her own. I feel I know the character well enough to know when someone is posting a stupid comment on her character like "Oh she has guns and wear skimpy outfit! Duh she obviously would be Samus clone!", it irritates me. Why would people comment on this section if they don't even bother to research her character any?

Is Ganondorf supposed to fight like a bounty hunter from a racing game? Just saying...
No, hes not, and Sakurai is really lazy to have not de-cloned him by now. If he has the time to give Pit new side, down, and up specials, and make it so ever character has multiple specials to chose from to edit and customize them, then he definitely has the time to make Ganondorf unique. He obviously chooses not to, which is something that also irritates me.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I just get tired of people constantly judging Bayonetta based soly on how she looks. Shes a wonderful character with unique abilities all her own. I feel I know the character well enough to know when someone is posting a stupid comment on her character like "Oh she has guns and wear skimpy outfit! Duh she obviously would be Samus clone!", it irritates me. Why would people comment on this section if they don't even bother to research her character any?

No, hes not, and Sakurai is really lazy to have not de-cloned him by now. If he has the time to give Pit new side, down, and up specials, and make it so ever character has multiple specials to chose from to edit and customize them, then he definitely has the time to make Ganondorf unique. He obviously chooses not to, which is something that also irritates me.
Honestly even if Bayonetta were a ZSS clone I honestly don't see how the moveset would work one bit. As a huge Bayonetta fan, I couldn't see even an attack ZSS has that could be used with Bayonetta.

Also, completely agree with you on the Ganondorf part. Let's hope his custom moves are different from Falcon's.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Do you really think they would go to the trouble of putting in a 3rd party character just to make them a clone? Really?
Of course not. But, it's certainly possible. Sure none of us want it to happen but people shouldn't act like Sakurai hasn't made dumb decisions before. Disappointment is guaranteed so people should come to terms with that so they won't be as butthurt in the long run.

What the hell..... Bayonetta isn't gettin---

Wait a minute... Rosalina supporter is supporting her?

Well, I take that back

On the serious note, I'm actually a bit of a supporter

Maxilian

Smash Ace
IMO the only things that are on Bayonetta's way to get in are these:
[collapse=Mature]

[/collapse]

In the other hand, as much as i would like her, i'm pretty sure she's not at least in the starting roster, why? cause Nintendo already announced that they were almost at the bottom of the characters reveal video so we will be lucky if we get 1 more video (Most likely with Marchall or Mewtwo -having in mind the leaked characters- )

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If she is confirmed (while unlikely, seeing as none of the game-specific Nintendo Directs have had Smash Bros. announcements aside from, obviously, the Smash Bros. one), one good thing about it is that it would show people that the leak didn't reveal everything about the roster. Admittedly, putting her in a game rated E10 might be a tough sell, but the Wonderful 101 was almost given that rating by my understanding, and she was included in that with no problems.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Given ZSS' alternate costume, I don't doubt Bayonetta could make it...also, does anyone know how much left until the Direct airs at this point?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Forty five minutes to go. No estimated length, but if the others are any indication, I'm guessing half an hour.

EDIT: the length is officially listed now - it's about 31 minutes long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom