• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bay Area Tournament Question

Sina Abdollahian

Smash Rookie
Hello all!
I was wondering if there would be anyone in the bay area/willing to come to the bay area for a small tournament. I would like to get a rough estimate of people that would be willing to go before organizing the whole thing, and if anyone would be interested/have any advice for me, please do tell me.

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
Hello! (First post on the boards)
But I've been hosting tournaments and I've learned that Facebook and a community Facebook page for your area, can make things a lot easier in terms of creating an event page and having people RSVP to give you a solid idea of how many people are interested in going.

I'm not from the Bay Area, I live about 20 Minutes from Sacramento. However I know the Bay Area scene is pretty massive, and I'm sure they have a Facebook page for Melee. I'm a member of the Norcal Smash 4 Page and it's helped a lot in terms of spreading the words of events, making friends etc.

I hope this helps!

Mo Dizzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
MoDizzle3.0
I've been kinda looking for tournaments or even just local guys to play with close to where I live (East Bay). I only knew one guy who played Smash 4 w/ me on a regular basis, but he moved away. Unfortunately none of my other friends play Smash 4 on a serious level so I've been dying to even meet more people(in person) who are as obsessed as I am about this game. I did register my name for the Norcal Smash 4 group & interested in joining the facebook page as well, thanks for that info.

If the Bay Area scene as big as what CGL DrDboubleDee mentioned, then hopefully, we see more tournaments around here.

CGL DrDoubleDee

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrDoubleDee
Mo Dizzle, where are you located? Im from Woodland, but my group of friends and I host tournaments around the Davis, Sacramento, Vacaville areas. Next week we have our bi-weekly for Smash in Vacaville! Here's the Facebook Link if you're interested. You can come by and compete, or just spectate and make some new friends!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1466732543643087/

Also I have a friend of mine hosting a chill hangout at his house tomorrow if you're interested in that. (Also in Vacaville)
https://www.facebook.com/events/380159545520106/

Anubis

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-6997-0574
There are now bi-weeklies in oakland at the Museum of art and digital entertainment. The next melee event is next friday.

Masanori

Smash Rookie
I've been kinda looking for tournaments or even just local guys to play with close to where I live (East Bay). I only knew one guy who played Smash 4 w/ me on a regular basis, but he moved away. Unfortunately none of my other friends play Smash 4 on a serious level so I've been dying to even meet more people(in person) who are as obsessed as I am about this game. I did register my name for the Norcal Smash 4 group & interested in joining the facebook page as well, thanks for that info.

If the Bay Area scene as big as what CGL DrDboubleDee mentioned, then hopefully, we see more tournaments around here.
Hey man! I live in the east bay as well near Hayward. I've been looking for people to play with as well!

Top Bottom