• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle of the Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
The object of this game is fairly simple. It's like the everything chain, but instead of typing what would beat the post above you, you post an image of it.

For those of you unfamiliar with the everything chain, here's a brief explanation. I post some picture of some person/thing/concept. Your post must be able to defeat whatever I posted.

For example: I post

You post:

And so on.

Extra rules:
1. God is disallowed from this game, although allowed in the everything chain. I feel that this will prevent a LOT of debate over what beats what.
2. All posts must follow all rules of the FG Room.
3. DO NOT LINK TO YOUR PICTURES. If your picture is too big/will not link PICK ANOTHER. End of story. Learn to post image tags. It's not that hard.
4. Nothing inappropriate. Any inappropriate pictures will result in INSTANT BAN FROM THE ROOM AND CONSIDERATION FOR BAN FROM THE FORUMS.
5. Post the reason your picture will defeat the previous one, assuming it's not obvious.

Image Tags
By Osco316
Image tags are used to put a picture into your post. Once you find a picture, right-click on it and click "Properties." You'll get a window that has different properties about the picture. Next to "Address (URL):" you will see a URL. Highlight the URL by left-clicking and dragging over it. Make sure to get the whole URL. Now that you have the URL you can put it in a post. Get into the Post Reply form for the topic. There are two ways to put an image in your post. One way is to click on "IMG" where it says "vB Code". It will prompt you to put in the URL of your picture. After doing that, press OK and your Image will be in Image Tags in the post. The other way is to use code. Type in [*IMG]URL[*/IMG] without the asterisks (these things: *). Both have the same effect. Here's an example of the second way.

My URL is this: http://smashboards.com/images/classicblue/ssbdefault1.gif

Now to show you I will put in the asterisks, then I will show you the complete picture.

[*IMG]http://smashboards.com/images/classicblue/ssbdefault1.gif[*/IMG]

The completed picture would show like this:

OK, that being said, let's get this shindig opened:

Dale

Smash Ace
Dang, you had to start this one off tough, didnt you? What on earth can defeat Beethoven?
Hmm...

I had to loose the kitty cause I didn't understand the rules, but the next pic still works

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman

what?! why does this one work, it even moves, I had so many better ones i tried that didn't work.:(

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Muhahaha! You bomb is no match for this man and his robot of disarmament!!

Its one of those remote bomb disarmer things... Next poster keep in mind that to beat this, you also need something that can overcome the man too, as he would not let you simply kick it to bits :p

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Whoa, thorough post-jacking

OK...so what can defeat Water, the Cantina band, and the Sun?

Answer:

Captain Bucky O'Hare. Ray gun dries the water, blasts Cantina Band, and his photon torpedoes destroy the Sun.

Osco wrote the Image Tag advice (best advice I've eer seen on the topic, to boot.)

Dale

Smash Ace
Hey thanks Ticadrius. That animation was creeping me out. So I guess we'll start again with this.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
HAHA! Fear the almighty dumpster! The poison is disposed of, and perhaps that baby corpse too. Heck theres lots of room! Let us make room of this spacious recepticle of waste!

Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom