• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Update:

I have updated the Banjo kazooie icons. Their drop shadows are more accurate, and more natural over all now. (The old ones have been removed. The health bars still exist tho)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Hello fellow Banjo fans. I'm new to the site but I look forward to supporting Banjo and Kazooie with you all. Truth be told I have been a lurker on this site for about a year but the possibility of my most wanted being playable convinced me to finally join. I would like to be a red jinjo.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think that after Phil Spencer's Tweet, Banjo-Kazooie is fairly popular on the Smash Ballot.
And I've jumped on the hype train.
Now if I get Snake, Banjo, Rayman, and Crash, I can die happy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hello fellow Banjo fans. I'm new to the site but I look forward to supporting Banjo and Kazooie with you all. Truth be told I have been a lurker on this site for about a year but the possibility of my most wanted being playable convinced me to finally join. I would like to be a red jinjo.
Welcome to the the boards!
Nice username.
And yay for more Banjo supporters!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I guess if Ryu proves anything it proves that Sakurai (and Nintendo) don't care about putting in characters that are going to advertise a game on rival systems (Street Fighter 5 on Playstation and Xbox)

Or at the very least they're not adamantly against the idea.

SeanHicksArt

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I'm really happy to see you guys are enjoying my smash render! Someone directed me to the forum, and said you guys needed a transparent version of my work.

I'll be more than happy to do so, especially since you guys have supported my campaign by sharing my video and more.
Below is the download for the transparent version of the duo. I hope this helps you all out in some way. (not to mention it's more close to the actual size of the work too!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08G9Zs13tzBMl8xMVZHaGNuV1E/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hello everyone! I'm really happy to see you guys are enjoying my smash render! Someone directed me to the forum, and said you guys needed a transparent version of my work.

I'll be more than happy to do so, especially since you guys have supported my campaign by sharing my video and more.
Below is the download for the transparent version of the duo. I hope this helps you all out in some way. (not to mention it's more close to the actual size of the work too!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08G9Zs13tzBMl8xMVZHaGNuV1E/view?usp=sharing
Yep! Awesome work on that render. I personally prefer it over the smashified one actually XD..

(I don't like how Omni set it up with them looking around like that.. its cool, mind you, but its impractical for icons and what not. I definitely wouldn't see them in that pose in game.)

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Update:

I have updated the Banjo kazooie icons. Their drop shadows are more accurate, and more natural over all now. (The old ones have been removed. The health bars still exist tho)
These are awesome!

Really enjoying this render.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I feel the need to point out that, in my mind, what really solidifies Banjo as "not a Microsoft character" is the fact that Yoda appeared in Soul Calibur IV.

By using Starwars Characters, they essentially said that there were no platform specific characters that could have filled that spot and Cratos in Broken Destiny proves playstation had someone at that point in time. If Banjo was considered a real Microsoft character, he would have been in that game. After all, he was no more unfitting than the green dude, had a wider library of showcased moves to work from and would not have broken the game mechanics like Yoda.

Plus he would probably have drawn more attention for less cost. I know I would have considered an Xbox at that point in time were he in.

Not relevant to current discussion, just thought i'd throw it out there that Microsoft had the chance to establish him as a mascot early on and threw it away for no obvious reason.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Banjo in... Soul Calibur?

Sure Kazooie was a bayonet, but I don't recall Banjo taking a class in Breegull Fencing.

Well there was that old concept art of Banjo with a sword, but that was over two decades ago.

Banjo did appear in Sonic (and all those other Sega characters no one can name) Racing as a 360 exclusive.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel the need to point out that, in my mind, what really solidifies Banjo as "not a Microsoft character" is the fact that Yoda appeared in Soul Calibur IV.

By using Starwars Characters, they essentially said that there were no platform specific characters that could have filled that spot and Cratos in Broken Destiny proves playstation had someone at that point in time. If Banjo was considered a real Microsoft character, he would have been in that game. After all, he was no more unfitting than the green dude, had a wider library of showcased moves to work from and would not have broken the game mechanics like Yoda.

Plus he would probably have drawn more attention for less cost. I know I would have considered an Xbox at that point in time were he in.

Not relevant to current discussion, just thought i'd throw it out there that Microsoft had the chance to establish him as a mascot early on and threw it away for no obvious reason.
I can't see how anyone could draw that conclusion. Banjo in Soul Calibur makes absolutely zero sense. Yoda and the other Star Wars characters at least have swords (lightsabers). What would Banjo use? Kazooie?
Yoda was included because he's a popular Star Wars character and so both PS3 and 360 versions could have an exclusive Star Wars character.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I can't see how anyone could draw that conclusion. Banjo in Soul Calibur makes absolutely zero sense. Yoda and the other Star Wars characters at least have swords (lightsabers). What would Banjo use? Kazooie?
Mostly the backpack actually. Heihatchi and Soul of Devil Jin use no weapons at all and the dancer uses tambourines that heal them through the restorative powers of twirling gently between moves. I don't see why you would see violent use of a backpack as an issue.
Plus, lightsabers melt through all forms of early metal, making them rather out of place in the Soul Calibur universe.

Yoda was included because he's a popular Star Wars character and so both PS3 and 360 versions could have an exclusive Star Wars character.
I don't see why they would break the game and the bank for characters who neither fit well in universe nor seem particularly likely to sway a purchase. After all, there are plenty of lightsaber dueling games available, why would someone pick Soul Calibur? But, until Hyrule Warriors, there was no true Legend of Zelda hack and slash for example. The only vaguely competing game would have been Smash Bros.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dear God...that character art in the OP is BREATHTAKING...I..I wish I had a more expressive way to say this but I'm simply blown away. Jesus Christ that Sean Hicks guy is talented...

I want to join the Jinjo Family...just don't put me with the gray ones I don't wanna get killed by a witch and her sisters.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mostly the backpack actually. Heihatchi and Soul of Devil Jin use no weapons at all and the dancer uses tambourines that heal them through the restorative powers of twirling gently between moves. I don't see why you would see violent use of a backpack as an issue.
Plus, lightsabers melt through all forms of early metal, making them rather out of place in the Soul Calibur universe.
Star Wars characters fit more than a mascot-esque styled platforming bear. Banjo would be more out of place than a lightsaber.
I don't see why they would break the game and the bank for characters who neither fit well in universe nor seem particularly likely to sway a purchase. After all, there are plenty of lightsaber dueling games available, why would someone pick Soul Calibur? But, until Hyrule Warriors, there was no true Legend of Zelda hack and slash for example. The only vaguely competing game would have been Smash Bros.
Star Wars characters are popular, way more than Banjo. While some may have scoffed at their inclusion, Banjo's inclusion would have drawn even more ridicule. It would be like if Mario was chosen over Link for SCII.
Also, the Star Wars characters were really the only reason I was interested in SCIV.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Count me as a supporter, been wanting them in Smash since melee...
Their chances are slim, but with Phil Spencer's approval it could very well happen!! (I know it was most likely a marketing ploy but one can still dream)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well that's funny. Dunno if anyone has heard it already, but apparently Mewtwo "does" have custom moves... they're just inaccessible right now without hacking. Apparently if you try to access them you get some hilarious results XD.. I guess their not done yet/gonna be released in a patch

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Count me in as a supporter, I've played all BK games except Nuts and Bolts(which I'd definitely play if I had an Xbox 360), and 100%ed them all except Banjo Pilot which was boring anyway(I only played about 5 min of that game really). I think BK has virtually nil of a chance to join Smash though, but I support him because I like him and he deserves it!

Also, probably not mentioned but apparently there's still a Banjo Kazooie statue in NoA headquarters! I thought that was pretty cool.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Its good if Banjo supporters on Youtube like Josh Jepson don't release videos like this all at once so that Banjo support can be spaced out over time throughout the ballot.

That's awesome that there's a Banjo stature in NOA.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Also, the Star Wars characters were really the only reason I was interested in SCIV.
Ok, you win. As an actual Soul Calibur fan, I was quite happy with all the previous inclusions but everything I ever heard about the SC folks seemed terrible from a game design standpoint and I didn't see how they fit with the game or the consoles. Nor did I see anyone interested in Starwars being swayed by them but anecdotal evidence is enough to convince me I was wrong on that point.
I guess they worked as an inclusion in that sense, though their implementation could have used more work.

Count me in as a supporter, I've played all BK games except Nuts and Bolts(which I'd definitely play if I had an Xbox 360), and 100%ed them all except Banjo Pilot which was boring anyway(I only played about 5 min of that game really).
Banjo Pilot is to Banjo Kazooie what Adventures is to Star Fox in a sense. It was originally "Diddy Kong Pilot", a motion controlled Diddy Kong Racing offshoot designed to link cable up with Donkey Kong Racing. When the Microsoft buyout occurred, all interconnectivity was lost and the tilt sensing cartridge went to Wario instead. The game was stripped down to its bare essentials and reskinned with an IP that rare actually still owned.
That's why it's so dull for a Banjo game.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Banjo Pilot is to Banjo Kazooie what Adventures is to Star Fox in a sense. It was originally "Diddy Kong Pilot", a motion controlled Diddy Kong Racing offshoot designed to link cable up with Donkey Kong Racing. When the Microsoft buyout occurred, all interconnectivity was lost and the tilt sensing cartridge went to Wario instead. The game was stripped down to its bare essentials and reskinned with an IP that rare actually still owned.
That's why it's so dull for a Banjo game.
Yeah, I knew all that. The game even has some unused Diddy Kong Racing themes present in its rom, now come to think of it, I never really got into Diddy Kong Racing either...
However, one thing that could've potentially made Banjo Pilot more intriguing to some is if it went with the original Voxel engine(there are some videos floating around of Banjo Pilot Voxel if you're curious), simply mindblowing, it looked like a DS game despite being on GBA! Just another testament to Rare's prowess..I probably wouldn't have been hooked on to the game even if it did go that route, but man what could have been...but I guess development woes is common in Banjo games, like Stop n Swop's mechanic being scrapped, Banjo Threeie scrapped and turned into Nuts and Bolts and (controversial opinion alert) Project Dream not being the RPG it originally was and turning into Banjo Kazooie instead...

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
LOL @ Banjo-Kazooie in Soul Calibur. That's a fighting game that has even less chance than Smash Bros. to see Banjo-Kazooie as a fighter.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I think Banjo-Kazooie would be a floaty/flying projectile zoning character. While they would have several options for close-quarters combat, their main forte would be zoning people with eggs.

Their neutral B would cause Kazooie to shoot eggs in an arc-like fashion and their down+B would be called "stop 'n' swap" where they swap to a different type of egg ammunition.

Blue Eggs - standard projectile, can fire up to three at once. 2% damage per egg, does the same knockback as a jab.
Fire Eggs - increased knockback and damage, but reduced firing rate. 7% per egg, does the same knockback as DK's f-tilt.
Grenade Eggs - explosive projectile, high killing power. 15% damage per egg. Can also blow up and damage/kill Banjo-Kazooie if they're not careful.
Clockwork Kazooie Eggs - hatches a miniature, fast-moving clockwork Kazooie which is controlled by the player. Banjo & Kazooie are unresponsive to controls while the clockwork Kazooie is out. Damaging explosive similar to Bowser Jr.'s mechakoopas, crossed over with Snake's remote-controlled missile from Brawl. 9% damage upon explosion, decent killing power like Din's Fire.

Their side+B would be the wonderwing, which can work as a catch-all barrier move. Banjo continuously runs while it's active. It has high knockback on contact with an opponent, and is invulnerable to all projectiles. Can be blocked and grabbed out of shield, and also has high recovery.

Up+B would be their flight pad takeoff, which can be done in the air. After launching upwards very high, Kazooie will slowly flap her wings as they glide to the ground. The opening part of this move counts as an attack.

Most of their other moves would be relegated to the A button. Rat-a-tat rap would be their forward tilt. Breegull Bash would be their down-smash, with Banjo comedically smashing Kazooie on the ground on both sides of him. Beak Barge would be their forward Smash, and their down-air would be beak buster, which can be held and charged into a Bill Drill.

I don't like the idea of the Jinjonator being their Final Smash when it could be something much more prevalent in the games. Their Final Smash would involve Mumbo Jumbo appearing and transforming them into something, like a washing machine or a giant T-Rex.

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/
Okay... uhm... So I don't get where people are getting these "slots" from.
If it's an array, it can probably be replaced into a bigger array.
If it's a database, it can be added on to.
If there is some constant they've found that controls how far the roster can go, then I'll believe there is a limited technical amount of slots left for fighters.

Remember, the DLC doesn't get saved to the CD or the game card, and there was an update required before the DLC appeared. Same goes for Amiibo menus on the 3DS version, and it might not be smash, but the additional Amiibo compatibility being added to mario kart.

If you need an example that is limitless though, look at Team Fortress 2. It's had so many updates adding maps, hats, weapons, hats, modes, hats, and more to it over the course of at least 7 years since it came out. And menus have been re-designed to go from a limited number of options like 1 single loadout to multi-slot loadouts to change all equipped items at once, and the introduciton of trading... I just can't see them HAVING to stop at a certain amount of DLC over a technical limitation in the software. (I say software because of course, TF2 is absolutely enormous now that it's 23 GB on my hard drive, but that's not my point.)

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Nope. You only have to pick a colour and show your love of the series by posting here.
You can pick a color?
They just threw me under the HAG1!
I'd rather be an orange jinjo than a dead jinjo! :090:

(Why does Sakuari never include orange aka best Yoshi??)

Speaking of orange jinjos... Did anyone play N&B far enough in to remember the Orange Jinjo that lost his carrot in the flooded colosseum level? I love how blatant that joke was! XD

Top Bottom