• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The format of everything in here is pretty similar to the Rayman thread, with a few tweaks here and there.

Though I actually want to see if they can pull off that "moving a post" trick so I can have the second post for that section.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I'm not sure if you guys have seen it but has anyone seen this image already? I haven't looked far enough on the thread to see if anyone has but here:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone watch the GameXplain discussion about the Smash ballot?

They pretty much focused on "why should they do advertisement for the competitor?", but it's interesting nonetheless. We have to consider that they're just trying to analyse what's likely and not. But that shouldn't affect us, because the ballot's all about fan support after all. I would be angry if I didn't try to get them in... the B-K series stands above everything I like in the video game world. Yes, as weird as it sounds: To me, it matters more than Zelda, Mario, Rayman or something legendary like Half-Life.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

They pretty much focused on "why should they do advertisement for the competitor?", but it's interesting nonetheless. We have to consider that they're just trying to analyse what's likely and not. But that shouldn't affect us, because the ballot's all about fan support after all. I would be angry if I didn't try to get them in... the B-K series stands above everything I like in the video game world. Yes, as weird as it sounds: To me, it matters more than Zelda, Mario, Rayman or something legendary like Half-Life.

Brb, watching the discussion in a minute. This ought to be interesting. :smirk:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
A treat for you guys... Just threw it together this afternoon. :)

PS The picture is linked to the Redbubble page for it in case you want this as a shirt/phone case/etc!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I watched a more anti-banjo one before it so was hardly surprised, if a little mift at them. How they can claim Shovel Knight and Shantae over him and Rayman I will never understand. And Inklings? Really? They look great and all but save them until after they have a game out please.

Whatever happens though, Banjo has a chance and that's enough to make me support him to the very end.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice

Whilst it's a touch frustrating that they emphasize the marketing aspect of Banjo so negatively immediately after lavishing praise unto shovel night. That said, I can't honestly say they are incorrect. Also their idea of the timing seems to fit perfectly.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree with the Game Explain complain about the free publicity for a new xbox game.
I insist that we need a portable B&K Game on the 3DS
not necessary a remake, but a sequel, even to N&B (yeah... it isn't a bad game, just not the one that we deserve)
In its tier, the 3DS is the better option, (there are no Portable x box) and Microsoft isn't making anything with rare's Ip (Except Killer Instinct, but now it's developed by Iron Galaxy)...
You know what?, B-K Need a revival like RayMan Origins. Retro gameplay, charming NPCs, collectathon 3d Platformer, and a Big load of new abilities.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Whilst it's a touch frustrating that they emphasize the marketing aspect of Banjo so negatively immediately after lavishing praise unto shovel night. That said, I can't honestly say they are incorrect. Also their idea of the timing seems to fit perfectly.
The timing fits. But what if they don't announce anything? Also, Phil Spencer just answered a questions from a fan... and didn't went out by himself like "Hey guys, pls vote 4 Banjo, because I want to advertise our characters since everybody does that"... It was his decision to answer this question, yes. But it wasn't his decision to touch this subject initially.

Its really hard to judge whether this was intentional or not. We should just settle with the information that Microsoft's willing to lend the IP for this occasion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Microsoft doesn't have a good outlook on gaming, having Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a great first step to regaining the rights to them, in a beautiful scenario where they come back home.

Also, never played Banjo-Tooie. I have access to it...might have to.
Please do play it. It's basically perfection.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I thought I was pretty clear about that one being exclusive, sorry.

I just put tracks straight from the games, just something to listen to.

Master Jiggywiggy? Hmmm...

Only if Grant can be Mumbo.
Sean's still hard at work on that picture! I will keep you guys updated on when he finishes.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Put me down as a blue jinjo. Sorry I can't Colorado now- on a tablet.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Please do play it. It's basically perfection.
How did it come that most people didn't play it anyway? Compared to Banjo-Kazooie, the sales numbers were also quite lower, as we know.

Was it that parents in that time said that one Banjo game is enough? Or that by 2000, all kids had "enough N64 games"?

Everyone go follow Playtonic!

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Sean's still hard at work on that picture! I will keep you guys updated on when he finishes.
Your friends Banjo-Kazooie blows artsy omni's out of the water (not meaning to bash his or anything it's still awesome). It just looks so real.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hear that the render is done but we have to wait until (hopefully) tomorrow for it. The suspense...

I've dug out my B-K and B-T cartridges and put them up on a shelve, it feels good just looking at them.

I need to see if I can lug an old TV up here and hook the N64 up to it...

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I hear that the render is done but we have to wait until (hopefully) tomorrow for it. The suspense...

I've dug out my B-K and B-T cartridges and put them up on a shelve, it feels good just looking at them.

I need to see if I can lug an old TV up here and hook the N64 up to it...
Yep, it actually looks better when you hook your N64 to an old TV!

D

Deleted member

How did it come that most people didn't play it anyway? Compared to Banjo-Kazooie, the sales numbers were also quite lower, as we know.

Was it that parents in that time said that one Banjo game is enough? Or that by 2000, all kids had "enough N64 games"?
Yeah it's too bad. I think that happens to lots of sequels on the same system: Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Galaxy 2, etc.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm on #TeamTooie. Love them both but the second one really expands on the original in almost every way. There are less worlds but I never minded that so much

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
While I'm still ambivalent at best towards the characters, Mumbo Jumbo and the Jinjos are easily my favourite part of the game.

I request to be remembered by all as a Blue Jinjo plz~ :3

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Question: Does it really matter all that much if Banjo is owned by Microsoft? Just because they're a Microsoft property, doesn't mean they're a Microsoft franchise: They've only shown up in a single, critically-panned game, and never again. They are most remembered for their games on the N64. Comparatively, Metal Gear is more a Sony franchise than Banjo is a Microsoft franchise, although I guess you could argue that's part of the reason Snake didn't get in this time. I just feel like, if they win the ballot or get number 2 behind K. Rool, it will be difficult for Nintendo to ignore. And I don't understand why they're consistently rated below third-party characters who were never owned by Ninty, and have never had Japanese releases.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
It's out guys, the other (SeanHicks) render.
The last bit warms my heart.

Spread it around!

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
It's out guys, the other (SeanHicks) render.
The last bit warms my heart.

Spread it around!
Love it! Just tweeted the video to my negligible amount of followers. I'm torn over which render I like more.

Nuts and Bolts wasn't critically panned. It actually received positive reviews.
He's right. Nuts and Bolts isn't seen as a bad game. It's seen as a bad banjo game. Most complaints come from fans of the originals.

yani

Smash Lord
Love that video! I really hope we can be heard and get Banjo in Smash. I feel like this really is the once in a life time shot we have. Assuming Nintendo never acquires the Banjo IP, why not add him in Smash Wii U? The Wii U as a console is essentially finished unfortunately. Adding Banjo to Smash isn't going to sell a million Xbox Ones, or Wii Us, so I think the helping out a competitor point is essentially irrelevant.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Love that video! I really hope we can be heard and get Banjo in Smash. I feel like this really is the once in a life time shot we have. Assuming Nintendo never acquires the Banjo IP, why not add him in Smash Wii U? The Wii U as a console is essentially finished unfortunately. Adding Banjo to Smash isn't going to sell a million Xbox Ones, or Wii Us, so I think the helping out a competitor point is essentially irrelevant.
You want only Banjo in Smash? I want Banjo AND Kazooie personally.

Sadly I can see Sakurai adding Banjo-Kazooie (and maybe Gruntilda as an AT) to Smash, but I am hoping for the best.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So last night I had this weird dream that I was playing Earthbound as Banjo and Kazooie. Collecting Mumbo Jumbo tokens in the streets, and a Jinjo in the Runaway Five's tour bus.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

It's so glorious... but not transparent, so I can't actually use it. Both he and Omni forgot the freckles, are we just pretending those didn't exist now?

You need to add banjo pilot to the list of games that was on the GBA.

I'd need a transparent version of that.

Don't forget Nuts and Bolts!
(And don't dismiss it just because the gameplay wasn't as good!)
We're trying to get them into Smash, and only their history with Nintendo means anything for it.

Top Bottom