• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BandDGames: 20 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Melee

There are a lot of interesting secrets held within the disk of Super Smash Bros. Melee. From strange glitches to unusual tech there is a lot to be explored within the game. Youtube channel BandDGames has compiled twenty of these little mysteries in a video titled "20 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Melee". Is this statement true? The only way to find out is watch the video below and drop us a comment with those unknown facts!

Comments

Only knew about a few of these, like Samus' Super Wavedash, Peach's Turnips, and Captain Falcon's taunt, which is self-explanatory, really. It's the same taunt, just one facing away from the camera, and the other towards.

Last edited:
Only knew about a few of these, like Samus' Super Wavedash, Peach's Turnips, and Captain Falcon's taunt, which is self-explanatory, really. It's the same taunt, just one facing away from the camera, and the other towards.
if you watch falcon's hands do different motions even though its subtle

No mention of the all seeing eye on Dreamland 64?

No mention of the "face" that appears on shields when they're being hit? These guys have not gone deep enough!

No mention of the all seeing eye on Dreamland 64?

No mention of the "face" that appears on shields when they're being hit? These guys have not gone deep enough!

i can't see it in either of those?
i understand making a face out of white noise but care to highlight the dreamland one?

The "all seeing eye of Dreamland" is right above the top platform. I can't find the face in the shield bubble either.

The "all seeing eye of Dreamland" is right above the top platform. I can't find the face in the shield bubble either.
i can't see it in either of those?
i understand making a face out of white noise but care to highlight the dreamland one?
the face in the sheild is around 1/4 the way down from the top of the sheild. it sort of looks kile a guy with a which hat, a mustash, and a bit of a beard

WARNING: MASTER HAND GLITCH CAN CORRUPT YOUR MEMORY CARD!

I did it a few years back and lost everything on my second GameCube memory card.

Please don't post articles which just consist of a link to a clickbait video.
I've had to explain this in comments SO many times... But what will one more hurt?

Everything I share on the front page video wise is ether sent to me directly or being shared in other places of the Smash community. The video was the latter. People were enjoying the video and it had facts some folks didn't know so I popped it up here so everyone on Smashboards could see it too.

Interesting video with some cool things that I did already know and some I didn't. Cool info either way, video to see.

The maximum damage is much higher than 436%. You can use reflected super scopes, giant mushrooms, and chained Roy counters to get above that. If it gets high enough, you can even crash the game.

LiteralGrill LiteralGrill
On a personal level, I find such videos deplorable.

But more objectively: what makes this relevant? Tons of Smash-related content is created all the time, not to mention all the stuff from the past that remains enjoyable. Why share this but not all of that?
If the only qualification is that people might like it, then the front page should be constantly flooded with material, and become just another distraction. If someone just wants to be entertained, they can already go to YouTube or Reddit or the boards advertised in this site's very name.
Moreover, what then becomes the qualifications to be a writer? If writers just post links to videos they watch, especially if accompanied by no more than a line of original contribution, then it turns from a news source to a Tumblr page. Anyone could "run" a Tumblr page, so why not hire them and get more content? Nepotism would be the only method of moderation.

Rather, if this page is to perform function - to be a place worth visiting - then features should be reserved for things the community "needs" to know; knowledge that serves a purpose. Stuff that otherwise might not be brought directly to one's attention. Upcoming events, releases, announcements, interviews, editorials even, etc. It should be informative, with information one would care to remember in an hour.
Your record is mostly immaculate. But that route is such an insidious trend on the internet that I'd rather be vocally opposed early when it might be happening to a service I love.

Top Bottom