• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Just a quick question of opinion;
If Banana-Slamma-Dana Dee had a voice, what would it sound like?
For me, I'd picture him having Polar's voice (The Black Luma with Blue Eyes, Rosalina's Right-hand Luma) from Mario Galaxy 1.
The little "Mreeh!" noise he makes reminds me of Bandana Dee.
As long as it's cute and consist more of sounds than words. No words.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Personally wouldnt like a voice, but if he has it then let him say anything he wants.

I still cant believe kirby actually says falcon punch... but damn it sounds so cute :kirby:

No, just give him some classic sound effects and he'll be fine.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My idea for his voice would be Sakurai's Wife doing a voice similar to King Dedede's but higher pitched.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
If he does get a voice (Which I suppose would make sense considering he talked in Revenge of the King), let's just hope it doesn't end up like Greninja's voice did. If you haven't heard it, consider yourself lucky.

Also, if I am correct, didn't King Dedede and Meta Knight have voices in Return to Dreamland whilst Bandana Dee didn't?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
If he does get a voice (Which I suppose would make sense considering he talked in Revenge of the King), let's just hope it doesn't end up like Greninja's voice did. If you haven't heard it, consider yourself lucky.

Also, if I am correct, didn't King Dedede and Meta Knight have voices in Return to Dreamland whilst Bandana Dee didn't?
Yeah I don't think Bandana Dee made a sound. Dedede and MK had voices but didn't speak. Normally Kirby characters don't speak at all. I still think having MK speak in Brawl was weird. I wish they had kept it consistent and had them all just have voices that made sounds like in Return to Dreamland.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I like Greninja's voice :(
The voice I don't like is Fox's new voice XD

Servine

Smash Cadet
As a newcomer to this thread, I just wanna say that I'd love to see Bandana Dee make his way I'm to Sm4sh. If he doesn't, I'll be sad. Like, really sad.
Let's just hope that Sakurai is merciful and doesn't reveal him as an assist trophy.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Sakurai: Is Bandana Dee worth it? Will he be liked by the audience? How many fans does he have?
Production Team: I dunno...
Sakurai: Wasn't that the job I gave you?
Team: There's more than 10... so alot!!! :D

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
The topic is Bandana Dee's voice again? XD

The only correct answer is Captain Waddle Doo's japanese voice:

****ing hell I would not mind that as his voice as all it would be hilarious seeing some one getting beat up by some one with that voice I can just imagine xD

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I like Greninja's voice :(
The voice I don't like is Fox's new voice XD
Well, yeah, Fox's voice was bad. It sort of sounded like Young Link from Melee (Or maybe regular Link?)
But last I heard Greninja he had realistic human screams or something when he gets KO'd. When I heard it the Twitch chat was freaking out about it. But I might need to hear it again just in case.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'd be fine with him being silent and his "voice" would be sound effects. Kind of like Mr. Game & Watch.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Where is the Kirby Stage? u.u
Seriously, I know it will probably appear in Bandana Dee's trailer, but c'mon!

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I say for Wii U we get Cookie Country or Another Dimension with Magolor as a stage hazard attacking people in his normal form with Sphere Doomers, and the Lor.

And for 3DS it could be Sectonia's Castle with the fighters going through he first one on the main platform where you fight Masked Dedede in, and the second on the giant jewel that you fight Sectonia on. And she smashes the jewel to make the fighters be sent flying over to the main platform once again, in a cycle.

Keep in mind Sakurai COULD pull a Rosalina on us and reveal the Kirby stage a little bit before the trailer is shown.

Last edited:

Challenger

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Triple Deluxe lately, and I love the spear ability, so it would be really awesome to have Bandana Dee be in Smash Bros!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
The topic is Bandana Dee's voice again? XD

The only correct answer is Captain Waddle Doo's japanese voice:

Haha, that voice is adorable, and I guess it fits Bandana Dee enough, it's cute but not overly sugary cute like Kirby or Tamama (from Keroro Gunsou) something like that could work for him. as long as his voice is cute, but has an edge of toughness to it (he is the King's right hand Dee after all) then it's fine with me.
I really hope he doesn't get a horrible gruff sounding voice like Iceman from the Megaman NT Warriors anime.
I'd prefer him to just make grunts and maybe say a single word here or there like Kirby, but if they make him talk full sentences like Meta-Knight then like I said a cute voice but not overly 'baby' sounding, he needs to sound cool and cute at the same time.

Last edited:

Servine

Smash Cadet
I never really got a good idea of what Greninja's voice sounded like. It's honestly really quiet.
Also, if Bandana Dee got a voice, the Japanese Waddle Doo voice would be great, but I think he's a quiet character, so it shouldn't be really loud.
You have to wonder if they'll give Bandana Dee a different voice when the game is localized, though. The voice is very Japanese-ish, if that's even a word.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I would like it if Bandana Dee's voice would just be little squeaks like pikmin dying, it would be so cute :D

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd want BD Dee to sound like the waddle dees did in ther SSE cutscene with Luigi. You know the one.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind it if Bandana Dee is silent since he is in the games. I dunno what voice to really give him.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I hope he plays as a glass cannon that fits my play style perfectly
I think he would either be a glass cannon or at least a light character, which is what he's going to be anyway. I personally hope he's fast, he was such a fast flyer in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Would that mean though he would have +2 jumps like the other Kirby characters if they went off his mobility in Kirby's Return to Dream Land?

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Eugh. What a disturbing "leak". It'll probably get disconfirmed this week considering the events that are going on. At least, I hope it does. Funny though how almost every single "leak" contains Shulk.

D

Deleted member

Eugh. What a disturbing "leak". It'll probably get disconfirmed this week considering the events that are going on. At least, I hope it does. Funny though how almost every single "leak" contains Shulk.
Shulk is seen as a pretty predictable character nowadays. He's been teased by Monolith ReTweets and Sakurai is a fan of Xenoblade. Without these leaks, Shulk is still pretty likely.

Still, I wouldn't mind that leak getting killed off, especially when I question some of the newcomers and it doesn't list Bandana Dee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Servine

Smash Cadet
So...guys, what do you think about this new "leak"?
It doesn't include Bandana Dee.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/
There's no way this is true. I don't see any fighters cut from the transition from Melee to Brawl returning, especially not Dr. Mario. Plus, Sakurai knows better than to let info leak about the new characters. I really don't believe these leaks, especially after both Gematsu and Miahstorm biting the dust.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I finished the main story of Triple Deluxe and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The new abilities were different and fun to use. I think I may have used the Circus and Archer abilities the most. I'll be vague as to avoid spoilers but the DDD fight was one of the best. DDD was my most wanted character for Brawl by the way. I always look forward to new iterations of his theme and Masked DDD needs to be in smash.

Hmm.. I should probably get more on topic and tie it into Bandana Dee. Honestly, I used to be opposed to him as a playable character. I figured there were more important characters to be added to the roster. I know, completely subjective. However, as time has gone on I've become more indifferent and wouldn't really mind if Bandana Dee got in. Actually I'd prefer him over most characters since I'm such a big Kirby fan. More Kirby representation is never a bad thing.

Now onto some aspects of Triple Deluxe relating to Bandana Dee:

There's one hyper nova level where you go big bad wolf Kirby and blow houses down. (One of the best levels in the game). At the end you fight a tower with three waddle dees. I don't say this very often but their reactions are the cutest thing. As you damage the tower, the Dees begin to panic and then run around. I may find a video of that as it is great. Not really Bandana Dee but it is a way of showing the expressiveness of the species.

This one is a spoiler:

During the final boss, I thought Bandana Dee was going to save Kirby instead of DDD. Anyone else? After all, the King was knocked out after getting destroyed by Kirby.

Last thing, using the spear ability to fly around was more fun than it should have been. If Bandana Dee translates into Smash with that move then I will gladly spam it in casual matches.

The atmosphere of this thread is quite different than the Shulk thread. (I spend most of my time there). Feels good to be talking in another community though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For a voice actor, I remember about a month or two ago, I suggested if Nintendo could get an English voice actress for B.D., It could be Brina Palencia, the voice of Tony Tony Chopper in One Piece and Chiaotzu in Dragon Ball Z Kai. But yeah, they could probably get Sakurai's wife to perform his voice (How hilarious would that be?! Sakurai himself is already voicing Dedede!), or get the voice of Waddle Doo as well. or just be silent. Whichever they prefer.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
So...guys, what do you think about this new "leak"?
It doesn't include Bandana Dee.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/
This leak is pretty fake to me. Here's the problems in the leak:
  • I think there's not going to be anymore Mario newcomers, at least this time around
  • I'm going to say there's not going to be more out-of-the-blue characters like Wii Fit Trainer, if they were for some reason I think they would of revealed them earlier
  • Why would they cut Ice Climbers if they have Rosalina which has a Luma that can act independently from her like Nana? I feel if they had to cut characters, it wouldn't be Ice Climbers it would be more a clone character
  • Dr.Mario is too similar to Mario and will probably be an alternate costume
  • Same with Dark Pit
  • Bowser Jr. fights from a Mario Kart...enough said
  • There's never been a character with no alternate colors and if Bowser Jr. was a character, there's no reason he would break this rule as for any other character or candidate
  • I think all the koopalings are too different to be made into alternate costumes. Either way, all the koopalings use magic wands and Boswer Jr. would probably use his magic paintbrush for most attacks. Why would you group these characters together if their main attack weapons aren't even used in the same way as Bowser Jr.'s?
  • Before they said he was in a Mario kart now he's in entirely different vehicle? Why would this person call the vehicle the koopa clown kart if the description sounds like the koopa clown car? Why are these two vehicles extremely similar? This Mario kart has never been used in any title of Mario kart, why make a new one and use one when you have the koopa clown car?
  • I just don't think Mewtwo will make it in. If he was in, they would of announced him when X and Y were still relevant. If there's anymore Pokemon reps, they would be Jigglypuff and if they really wanted to stretch it, then Sceptile
Yeah, it's disgusting XD
I wouldn't say that exactly, there's Chorus Men. :( Other than that, it's pretty bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom