• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys.
SSF2 v0.9b is releasing this Thursday.
1v1meonlinebruh
On the subject of SSF2, Well, let's just say it's not like I'm proud to say this much, but......well, you do know that Bandana Dee is in the game........(Believe it or not!) as an Assist Trophy.:glare: All I can say is...WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING THROUGH THOSE DEVS' MINDS TO DO THAT?! And to add insult to injury, (and in B.D.'s case in SSF2, this is quite litterally) B.D is apparently the WEAKEST AT in the game!:sadeyes: As long as you can can get a strong hit on him, he'll be sent flying off the stage. They don't even let him use his spear.....:sadeyes:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On the subject of SSF2, Well, let's just say it's not like I'm proud to say this much, but......well, you do know that Bandana Dee is in the game........(Believe it or not!) as an Assist Trophy.:glare: All I can say is...WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING THROUGH THOSE DEVS' MINDS TO DO THAT?!
I do know '~'
But the game is still fun! ^-^

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So the "newly shown" banners for captian falcon, lucina, and robin are gone. they were only up for 8 days. The direct ones stayed up until a little before E3, the E3 ones stayed up until the weekend before the reveal, why would the banners be gone now??? Well, newcomer at SDCC of course :D

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
On the subject of SSF2, Well, let's just say it's not like I'm proud to say this much, but......well, you do know that Bandana Dee is in the game........(Believe it or not!) as an Assist Trophy.:glare: All I can say is...WHAT THE HECK WAS GOING THROUGH THOSE DEVS' MINDS TO DO THAT?! And to add insult to injury, (and in B.D.'s case in SSF2, this is quite litterally) B.D is apparently the WEAKEST AT in the game!:sadeyes: As long as you can can get a strong hit on him, he'll be sent flying off the stage. They don't even let him use his spear.....:sadeyes:
What's SSF2? Sorry if it's a very new comer question. I haven't kept up with all things.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Someone needs to Falcon Punch those guys. The least they could do is give Bandana Dee his f***ing spear! At the very least!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Oh okay thanks for the info. Aw they made Bandana Dee an assist trophy or something? Yet they made Sora and Naruto characters x_X what. Kind beats the point of Smash being a special Ninendo celebration. It kind of reminds me of mugen because of that. Haven't played much of either. I'll stick to waiting for Smash 4 or playing Project M right now. Looks like a really impressive project though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh okay thanks for the info. Aw they made Bandana Dee an assist trophy or something? Yet they made Sora and Naruto characters x_X what. Kind beats the point of Smash being a special Ninendo celebration. It kind of reminds me of mugen because of that. Haven't played much of either. I'll stick to waiting for Smash 4 or playing Project M right now. Looks like a really impressive project though.
It's a Fan-Made Game, what can ya do? "\/(o-o)\/"
You can also just use Goku, Ichigo, ect. for punching-bag purposes.
And it's a Flash Game that has Online.
A FLASH GAME.
WITH WORLD-WIDE ONLINE.
*head explodes*
Anywhoo, back on the topicalness with BananaSlammaDana Dee

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Remember the PotD with Charizard eating a Waddle Dee?

I have an idea for the reveal trailer:

We can see a typical Kirby scene, DDD is pursuing Kirby (probably beacuse Kirby ate his cake or something) by the same canyon where Greninja was revealed and suddenly DDD realizes someone is watching him so he stops and then is attacked by Charizard. DDD starts dancing like in his Brawl final smash and a lot of waddle dee como from nowhere to attack charizard but after Charizard opening his jaw to bite one, they get scared and escape. DDD tries to stop them but he can't, then he gets in a fighting stance and Charizard starts advancing quickly towards him. Suddenly a spear hits the ground in front of Charizard making him stop. Then Bandana Dee jumps in, takes his spear, nods at DDD and starts sppining his spear, "Bandana Dee at your service!", and starts attacking Charizard. Then gameplay footage is shown. After that Mk appears to fight Bandana Dee (Beacuse he consider BD as a worthy fighter). Before they start fighting Kirby returns, and hugs Bandana Dee while Charizard looks a little confused.

I hope you like it. I'm really excited with the SDCC and the Miahstorm leak (I hope it's real).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

We can see a typical Kirby scene, DDD is pursuing Kirby (probably beacuse Kirby ate his cake or something) by the same canyon where Greninja was revealed and suddenly DDD realizes someone is watching him so he stops and then is attacked by Charizard. DDD starts dancing like in his Brawl final smash and a lot of waddle dee como from nowhere to attack charizard but after Charizard opening his jaw to bite one, they get scared and escape. DDD tries to stop them but he can't, then he gets in a fighting stance and Charizard starts advancing quickly towards him. Suddenly a spear hits the ground in front of Charizard making him stop. Then Bandana Dee jumps in, takes his spear, nods at DDD and starts sppining his spear, "Bandana Dee at your service!", and starts attacking Charizard. Then gameplay footage is shown. After that Mk appears to fight Bandana Dee (Beacuse he consider BD as a worthy fighter). Before they start fighting Kirby returns, and hugs Bandana Dee while Charizard looks a little confused.

I hope you like it. I'm really excited with the SDCC and the Miahstorm leak (I hope it's real).
Miahstorm LEAK?
NEW LEAK?
LEEEEEAK?
SHOWMESHOWMESHOWMESHOWMESHOWME

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Haha its an adorable scenario :)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The whole "You can't eat him" line seems suspicious to me. Why is Sakurai so concerned about the well being of the Waddle Dee's?

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Oh btw do you think they will do something with the piggyback feature from RtDL in bandana dee's moveset?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh btw do you think they will do something with the piggyback feature from RtDL in bandana dee's moveset?
Not likely. I think that was the equivalent to carrying other players in NSMB, and doing a ground pound all at the same time.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Y'know, I visit the Shulk support thread too, and I just saw that their supporters list is just about at 360...

The same amount as this one.

Guys, Bandana Dee is just as popular as Shulk! It's awesome that my two most wanted newcomers are doing so well.:chuckle:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think that Dedede not being able to toss Waddle Dees can be really telling for the possibility that Bandana Dee is playable. Sure people are saying it makes his attack less predictable but I don't know if that reason is really convincing to me. A BETTER reason to change that attack is to cause less confusion on stage if a character of about the same height and color were playable.

Also sure Waddle Dees are in Smash run but it wouldn't matter as much as in a fight against other players where more Dees COULD make it possibly confusing. In Smash Run you could always pick the color of your character and there won't be a character there that could keep spamming waddle dee tosses.

That to me seems like a bigger reason to change that attack.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I think that Dedede not being able to toss Waddle Dees can be really telling for the possibility that Bandana Dee is playable. Sure people are saying it makes his attack less predictable but I don't know if that reason is really convincing to me. A BETTER reason to change that attack is to cause less confusion on stage if a character of about the same height and color were playable.

Also sure Waddle Dees are in Smash run but it wouldn't matter as much as in a fight against other players where more Dees COULD make it possibly confusing. In Smash Run you could always pick the color of your character and there won't be a character there that could keep spamming waddle dee tosses.

That to me seems like a bigger reason to change that attack.
I think the best reason to change it would probably be to give him a better, more recent one, like with Kirby. Masked Dedede would of course fit that bill.

However, that could be just one reason. Maybe thay wanted to change it for Bandana Dee as well. If he truly is in (which I definitely hope), it would be the perfect solution for the dev team.:)

Edit: oops, I thought you were talking about his final smash...:p but the point still stands. Any Waddle Dee related attack being changed points to the Dee.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As many supporters as the Shulk thread, but half the respect. That's the world we live in folks.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I just realized something. Kirby Fighters Z and Dedede's Drum Dash Z are coming out soon. Perhaps that might tie into Meta Knight's reveal?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes, but when Bandana Dee is playable we will rise up and have our revenge! And I'll rule the Bandana Dee sub-forum as a benevolent dictator moderator. :)

FalKoopa is co-dictator moderator. Chandelure can be second in charge.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
As many supporters as the Shulk thread, but half the respect. That's the world we live in folks.
That's the world all Kirby fans live in... but at least we all understand how great Kirby is. No one else seems to realize that every kirby game takes the development effort of several games at once... or at least they did at the time of Kirby's Adventure. How that kind of feat goes unnoticed is beyond me.

Oh well... Here's hoping Bandana will be top teir and gain us some respect!:)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
How about the rest of us? Does that make us the royal fools? :p

Both of the Z games have a ton on remixed music from Kirby 64. Kind of surprising, really.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
How about the rest of us? Does that make us the royal fools? :p

Both of the Z games have a ton on remixed music from Kirby 64. Kind of surprising, really.
That game is out tomorrow. I hope that footage is posted soon! I want to see all the modes, levels, and features.

For those wondering (since it's been asked a lot) if the game has online. It doesn't. I went to the Japanese site awhile back and only saw the logos for download and play and local play

I hope they still consider bringing this game to the west though. I know a lot of people only wanted to get it if it had online but damn, I really enjoyed playing Kirby fighters and of course a big fan of Kirby games and still want it :/ I spent a good amount of time beating all powers on Very Hard. I would like more content regardless.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
So I was looking at the enemies in Smash Run and I happened to notice..

A Gordo is an enemy?!

Initially considering King Dedede's side special was changed to only using Gordos, a lot of people had speculated that it was changed so that there would be no confusion when using King Dedede in Smash Run in the scenario where you're unable to tell who is your ally and who is the enemy.. But that seems to have apparently changed..

So.. I guess we can eliminate that from the possible reasons why Sakurai changed it? And now the only remaining reasons left are:

1. Less random appearances.
2. Bandana Dee is a new character, and that's to create less confusion when you're in a more serious position while you're battling as opposed to Smash Run where you basically hit everything.

EDIT:

LOLWUT

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Sign me up as a supporter. Been on the fence about him for awhile, but a recent playthrough of Return to Dreamland reminded me of how much I love the little guy.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
From what I've seen, we've got Waddle Dees (with and without parasols), Waddle Doos, Bonkers, Shotzos, TAC, Plasma Wisp, Bronto Burt, Gordos, and those weird looking pineapple bomb guys. Whatever they're called. :p

Oh, and... Has anyone noticed the Waddle Dee's in Smash Run don't carry a spear? :smirk:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Now where's the release date for everyone else? :p
Bet you $5 the 3DS Kirby stage (if not one of them) is pulled almost directly from Kirby Fighters. Way too easy an opportunity to pass up.

If I had to vote on one, I'd take the 3D Butter Building stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom