• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
My 3DS ran out of battery XD
That was actually going to be the last one :p
You're really good too
But trying to use Bowser jr. at the end
Someone doesn't simply bowser jr.s like that!! :4bowserjr:
This also gave me the oportunity to try some more the Miis and the custom moves so thanks :dr^_^:
Giant Mecha Koopa and Short fuse bomb FTW!! :grin:
The hitboxes of those bombs are huge XD
My Bowser Jr. is terrible hahaha.
I don't know why I did that well with Palutena and specially Lucario.

:4lucario: The aura is with me!

*Changes mains...again*

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
That's because no one is voting for him, which why we need to team up for mutual benefit. Only you would help me a lot more than I could help you, so I guess it's not that mutual.

I like the way you think.
I don't think fan desire is enough to get certain characters in. If a Gomba were a popular choice or Goku, I don't think they'd make it in. (talking about the weak idea of votes/popularity here, not comparing the actual characters) I simply don't think Dark Matter has the relevancy in comparison to Bandana Dee. He's also not iconic in the same sense as Metaknight or Dedede. So I don't see the smash team considering him tbh. It's nothing personal it's just... look at the roster. It's either A-list icons, main franchise reps, classic retro reps, new IP reps, and characters that rep major changes for a franchise like Robin "the revival of Fire Emblem" or Rosalina "Modern Galaxy-influenced 3D platforming Mario games".

I just don't see where Dark Matter fits here or where any other Kirby rep would.

Bandana at least represents a 4 player multiplayer modernization of the Kirby franchise with current gen titles and at least he's relevant being in all recent titles while being JUST iconic enough to be first seen in KSS on the SNES.

I really believe as a candidate for the Kirby franchise, he's our best bet.

Any other suggested characters are mere biased personal fan picks that disregard new smash rep standards. Which is fine if people want whatever character from whatever Kirby game but I'm just thinking realistically about the process. I just feel like characters have to mean something big enough from their respected franchise. Even fan favorites/iconic characters such as Ashley (Warioware), Midna (LoL), and Ghirahim (LoL) were not enough to be new reps but popular enough to warrant trophies. Which is all that's gonna happen with similar fan favorites who don't meet the above requirements. It's the sort of status I feel Dark Matter would have.

Also I'm not wasting my time with alliances. I don't even see the point. I really do like Dark Matter Swordsman but I don't even see why he'd be in, even as a character I like. I love Marx as a boss and would freak if he was in, but I also want to be realistic about a new rep's prospects. My love for Marx/Magolor isn't really enough to realistically consider in the same vain as more reoccurring and iconic villains as Bowser. Marx hasn't been seen in years and only get's references. References aren't enough to make a character relevant and iconic to a franchise. Actually being present in games, playable, and a part of a big new aspect of the franchise is what elevates you and BDee has that. Me wanting someone like Marx in over BDee would be, me being biased and I'm not going to do that. Even if I would LOVE it. So yeah. That's just my thought process. I'm not trying to be mean about people's picks. I just want people to understand what we're up against as Kirby fans and what our best options are. I really don't think we'll get a new rep otherwise. Forget it.

Last edited:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'll integrate Bandana Dee into it to make it fit!

* You are now entering the: "Big Walls Of Text"

I personally believe that the player makes the character, not the character itself... Therefore making tiers irrelevant from what people usually tend to misinterpret them as (being the flat out best character(s) in the game). Now before I put up my flame shield, I have evidence to back this up! (If you needed to know, tier lists are based off of tournament results, and not the actual potential of the character)!.
----------
I don't know if anyone keeps up with tournaments in the Smash community here, but I've seen around a good few hundred matches or so this year, and I've observed much more than taking notes on how to "git gud". I won't get too specific into certain smashers, as everyone can't memorize every player that has been in a tournament... But I'll list two that may seem familiar.
----------
Boss and GIMR. I have really only watched Youtube - VGBootCamp matches for some time, but I am trying to expand to other well-known organizations (Clash Tournament, Tourney Locator, Rush Hour Smash, and also Shi-Gaming for a Japanese perspective), so this is my reasoning:
(Side Note: These are just two out of the MANY of examples out there, these are just the ones I am most familiar with currently).
----------
I was going to write multiple paragraphs about each of them, but it would stray way too far off. I'll just say that GIMR plays a mean Mr. Game & Watch that consistently places in the finals bracket consistently, despite the opinions of G&W being considered "low-tier" or "trash". This shows that if you put enough passion into your character, you can only accomplish what you can only limit yourself to. (And you can push that limit to the absolute max, you just have to believe in what you can accomplish).
----------
Boss on the other hand... Wow. If you've ever seen a match with Boss in it, you know what's about to go down. Boss mains Luigi, and considerably the most deadly one of all time. If it weren't for him, Luigi would most likely never be used, and not have gotten the such positive recognition he has received. From what I've observed, Boss is ALL about mind games and punishes. Boss makes his character he plays as good as he thinks he can be... If not more. Constantly winning tournament upon tournament every single week, brings up the question of... "Well, what's his secret"?. No one really knows his secret... But I do. It's how Boss thinks, plays, and limits himself (If he even does limit himself, which is highly unlikly). Boss outsmarts his opponent every chance he gets. He can really apply this to any character in the roster, but he chooses Luigi because it fits him, and that's where he breaks the limit of the character. I won't get too much into it, but hopefully this provides the point I am trying to get at.
----------
Other notable players are aMSa (Melee's Yoshi, considered bottom tier) and HungryBox (Melee's Jigglypuff, once considered insanely terrible), but they are different stories.
----------
What I'm trying to say is (with relevancy): If any DLC character got in, not everyone will fully agree that that character is a good, fun, beloved fighter. This is obvious, but some will consider the character "top tier" and some will insult the character and his/her/it's fans into the ground. But really, all you have to do is get passed the wall of hate (easier said then done, but trust me, it's very doable), and go for who you want to play as. Everybody has a different play-style, so no one plays exactly the same.
----------
Yes, there may be lots who play similar or considered very similar, but everybody has different minds and tricks up their sleeve. If Bandana Dee gets in and that's who you wanted to main for a full five years, but everyone around you keeps saying that's the absolute worst character in the game... Just ignore it, and don't give in!
----------
You are the limit of yourself, and only you can determine how good a character actually is. With that being how you play with your own unique play-style. You can pick up any character from the roster and automatically win against someone if your passionate for that character enough, really. Going strait to Diddy or Sheik due to them being considered top tier (again, it's all decided by tournament results, and not the actual potential of the character), but not liking playing the character at all, and just playing them because they're considered the best in the game will not make you automatically win. (but if Diddy or Sheik is right for now, go ahead!).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So to keep on topic, if/when Bandana Dee gets in, DO NOT listen to those around you or who you fight saying that "he's garbage" or "he sucks, and you do too" because if that's the character you want to play as and if he fits right with how you play, with some practice and adaptation... You can truely be the best (Bandana Dee) smasher on the planet if you wanted to.

You just need to be passionate enough.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr : You are who makes the character, and if you are passionate enough, you can accomplish as much as what you limit yourself to. But don't. Don't limit yourself and do not listen to the haters. Everybody started somewhere from where they are today and in Smash, you can only get better and better as you go along.

END OF CHAPTER! (If you get that reference, you get a gigantic cookie)

/flameshieldjustincasebecausestatingyouropinionontheinternetissometimesspoopy

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I'll integrate Bandana Dee into it to make it fit!

I personally believe that the player makes the character, not the character itself... Therefore making tiers irrelevant from what people usually tend to misinterpret them as (being the flat out best character(s) in the game). Now before I put up my flame shield, I have evidence to back this up! (If you needed to know, tier lists are based off of tournament results, and not the actual potential of the character)!.
----------
I don't know if anyone keeps up with tournaments in the Smash community here, but I've seen around a good few hundred matches or so this year, and I've observed much more than taking notes on how to "git gud". I won't get too specific into certain smashers, as everyone can't memorize every player that has been in a tournament... But I'll list two that may seem familiar.
----------
Boss and GIMR. I have really only watched Youtube - VGBootCamp matches for some time, but I am trying to expand to other well-known organizations (Clash Tournament, Tourney Locator, Rush Hour Smash, and also Shi-Gaming for a Japanese perspective), so this is my reasoning:
(Side Note: These are just two out of the MANY of examples out there, these are just the ones I am most familiar with currently).
----------
I was going to write multiple paragraphs about each of them, but it would stray way too far off. I'll just say that GIMR plays a mean Mr. Game & Watch that consistently places in the finals bracket consistently, despite the opinions of G&W being considered "low-tier" or "trash". This shows that if you put enough passion into your character, you can only accomplish what you can only limit yourself to. (And you can push that limit to the absolute max, you just have to believe in what you can accomplish).
----------
Boss on the other hand... Wow. If you've ever seen a match with Boss in it, you know what's about to go down. Boss mains Luigi, and considerably the most deadly one of all time. If it weren't for him, Luigi would most likely never be used, and not have gotten the such positive recognition he has received. From what I've observed, Boss is ALL about mind games and punishes. Boss makes his character he plays as good as he thinks he can be... If not more. Constantly winning tournament upon tournament every single week, brings up the question of... "Well, what's his secret"?. No one really knows his secret... But I do. It's how Boss thinks, plays, and limits himself (If he even does limit himself, which is highly unlikly). Boss outsmarts his opponent every chance he gets. He can really apply this to any character in the roster, but he chooses Luigi because it fits him, and that's where he breaks the limit of the character. I won't get too much into it, but hopefully this provides the point I am trying to get at.
----------
Other notable players are aMSa (Melee's Yoshi, considered bottom tier) and HungryBox (Melee's Jigglypuff, once considered insanely terrible), but they are different stories.
----------
What I'm trying to say is (with relevancy): If any DLC character got in, not everyone will fully agree that that character is a good, fun, beloved fighter. This is obvious, but some will consider the character "top tier" and some will insult the character and his/her/it's fans into the ground. But really, all you have to do is get passed the wall of hate (easier said then done, but trust me, it's very doable), and go for who you want to play as. Everybody has a different play-style, so no one plays exactly the same.
----------
Yes, there may be lots who play similar or considered very similar, but everybody has different minds and tricks up their sleeve. If Bandana Dee gets in and that's who you wanted to main for a full five years, but everyone around you keeps saying that's the absolute worst character in the game... Just ignore it, and don't give in!
----------
You are the limit of yourself, and only you can determine how good a character actually is. With that being how you play with your own unique play-style. You can pick up any character from the roster and automatically win against someone if your passionate for that character enough, really. Going strait to Diddy or Sheik due to them being considered top tier (again, it's all decided by tournament results, and not the actual potential of the character), but not liking playing the character at all, and just playing them because they're considered the best in the game will not make you automatically win. (but if Diddy or Sheik is right for now, go ahead!).
So to keep on topic, if/when Bandana Dee gets in, DO NOT listen to those around you or who you fight saying that "he's garbage" or "he sucks, and you do too" because if that's the character you want to play as and if he fits right with how you play, with some practice and adaptation... You can truely be the best (Bandana Dee) smasher on the planet if you wanted to.

tl;dr : You are who makes the character, and if you are passionate enough, you can accomplish as much as what you limit yourself to. But don't. Don't limit yourself and do not listen to the haters. Everybody started somewhere from where they are today and in Smash, you can only get better and better as you go along.

This basically sums why I don't like tierlists

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman

Paper Mario?

You are completely right. I ignore tier lists completely now days.

For example, when I played Ganondorf in Brawl, I couldn't beat my brother when he played Meta Knight, but when he played Ganondorf and I played Meta Knight, he kicked my butt.
(This sounds like I was bad... But no, when ever I played Dedede, I won easily!)
Only because Meta Knight is "top tier" doesn't mean he automatically wins every time.
The same goes for Ganondorf, only because he is "bottom tier" doesn't mean he loses all the time.

I play as whoever I like and have fun with, tier lists aren't in my interest.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Paper Mario?

You are completely right. I ignore tier lists completely now days.

For example, when I played Ganondorf in Brawl, I couldn't beat my brother when he played Meta Knight, but when he played Ganondorf and I played Meta Knight, he kicked my butt.
(This sounds like I was bad... But no, when ever I played Dedede, I won easily!)
Only because Meta Knight is "top tier" doesn't mean he automatically wins every time.
The same goes for Ganondorf, only because he is "bottom tier" doesn't mean he loses all the time.

I play as whoever I like and have fun with, tier lists aren't in my interest.
Actually, Dedede had many options to fight almost every character back in Brawl
But yeah, don't make tier lists choose your character (Says the girl who mains Sheik)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tier Lists are only useful for people who know every single move and property of the character like the back of their hand. For those who are still improving, tier lists aren't a ticket to win, unless, you're Brawl Meta Knight.

Back on topic though, I introduced another of my cousins to Return to DreamLand. He seems to have taken a liking to Meta Knight, but for whatever reason he insists on calling the Maxim Tomatoes as 'Mexican' Tomatoes. :laugh:

I also saw the monstrosity that is Metal General EX's second phase. I didn't even know it existed until know. :facepalm:

:231:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Dedede had many options to fight almost every character back in Brawl
But yeah, don't make tier lists choose your character (Says the girl who mains Sheik)
Well, at least I didn't choose Dedede because he was great (what he definitely was), I did choose him because I love him.
You can play as whoever you want, it just is stupid if you choose this character just because of the tier list.

In Brawl my best characters were :dedede:, :jigglypuff:, :gw:, :olimar: (Even though I didn't spam the Pikmin throw), and :diddy: (Even though I rarely used the Banana).
I really enjoyed to play as :luigi2:, :marth:, :ganondorf:, :zerosuitsamus:, and :wolf:, too, but I wasn't really great with them.

Now in Smash 4 my best characters are :4dedede:, :4pacman:, and :4jigglypuff:.
(Even though I still consider myself "bad" with :4pacman: and :4jigglypuff:... Well, I AM bad now in Smash 4... :C)
I also enjoy to play as :4luigi:, :4marth:, :4ganondorf:, :4mewtwo:, :4wiifit:, and :4duckhunt:, but once again, I'm not great with them.
Unfortunately, this time I couldn't get into :4gaw:, :4zss:, :4olimar:, and :4diddy:, for some reason.
But most importantly, I didn't choose anyone of them because of their tier.

Because I only have one "real" main this time, I hope that characters like K. Rool and Bandana Dee get in, so that I can make them my mains.

(Side note: When ever I play with my brother or against CPUs, I choose almost every character.)

D

Deleted member

Ok guys it time to tell you all about my plan B you know chandelure and GhostlyLure got me thinking when they are talking about the smash ballout will I got an idea how we can al spam Bandana waddle dee in the ballout with out it being on the same computers and that is......the library we can use the library computer to vote spam bandana waddle dee for smash 4 for DEELC first we go on one computer then vote bandana waddle dee then logoff go on a another computer rinse and repeat and I know we older bandana waddle dee supporters don't have the time to do this so that in this weekend Bandana Dee3,Ghostlylure,Chalo5000,Call911imonfire and the other young bandana dee supporters have to spent there weekend spamming bandana waddle dee in the smash ballot because we older folks don't have time to do this so that's why this weekend is perfect for you guys...so what do you all think is this plan great or what ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ok guys it time to tell you all about my plan B you know chandelure and GhostlyLure got me thinking when they are talking about the smash ballout will I got an idea how we can al spam Bandana waddle dee in the ballout with out it being on the same computers and that is......the library we can use the library computer to vote spam bandana waddle dee for smash 4 for DEELC first we go on one computer then vote bandana waddle dee then logoff go on a another computer rinse and repeat and I know we older bandana waddle dee supporters don't have the time to do this so that in this weekend Bandana Dee3,Ghostlylure,Chalo5000,Call911imonfire and the other young bandana dee supporters have to spent there weekend spamming bandana waddle dee in the smash ballot because we older folks don't have time to do this so that's why this weekend is perfect for you guys...so what do you all think is this plan great or what ;).
Nay, we should ddos nintendo's site the day they read the ballot results, and then march to Nintendo's HQ and take it over.:troll:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Rosalina is not broken anymore, she is just good.
XDD
I don't know how an IP works, is the IP the Internet or the computer?
Because if all the computers in the library, for example, use the same Internet connection... I don't know if that would work.
Oh well, just try to write a lot of Bandana Dee comments in Twitter (Nintendo, Nintendo of America, Sakurai's, etc.), Facebook (when the Super Smash Bros fb page posts something, write something like Bandana Dee for Smash 4 in the comments, etc.)

And if you want to spam the ballot, try to give good reasons, not like I like Meow Meow Mario.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
In all seriousness (not that I think you guys are serious about this, but just in case), I'd rather we just don't commit voter fraud in the first place. Not only would it give Bandana Dee bad rep as the "Cheater"of the ballot, it would be immoral to do so, at least in my view.

D

Deleted member

So.....................you all don't like my plan B :crying:?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
In all seriousness (not that I think you guys are serious about this, but just in case), I'd rather we just don't commit voter fraud in the first place. Not only would it give Bandana Dee bad rep as the "Cheater"of the ballot, it would be immoral to do so, at least in my view.
I'm pretty sure all the fanbases are doing that.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So.....................you all don't like my plan B :crying:?
I think it's a good plan to win with, but it goes against my personal morals :p. Besides, I'd think you'd have to mask the Library IPs with some software or reconfigure it (which no good librarian would ever let you do), if you actually wanted to do it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The library thing is a bit extreme.

Just vote in your computer and if you have friends (XD), tell them to vote for the character you want (in this case it's Bandana Dee), like every other Smash fan.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
My nearest library is 20 miles away and gas be hella expensive.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You can play as whoever you want, it just is stupid if you choose this character just because of the tier list.
Am I the only one who occasionally encounters opponents online who take ages to select their character after the first match is over, and then, it seems, used that time to look up a tier list to check out who "should" somehow magically beat your character by virtue of where said lists place them? :p

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Is money and time more important than Bandana Dee?

jk
Unfortunately lol
Am I the only one who occasionally encounters opponents online who take ages to select their character after the first match is over, and then, it seems, used that time to look up a tier list to check out who "should" somehow magically beat your character by virtue of where said lists place them? :p
I don't give them the chance I leave the room :3

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Tiers are to be repealed because they are for queers

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I was searching up Bandana Dee on Google and lo and behold.:eek:

:ohwell: Not sure how I feel about this.
EDIT: https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/ZqBU for those who can't see image. This works I think.
Screencapture (1).png
Why the heck am I famous all of a sudden? Oh wait, google internet cookies, I'm a idiot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I been think should future Kirby games have singers like the sonic games? and speaking of sonic what do you guys think of a Kirby series having a crossover game with the Nights series?

So I was searching up Bandana Dee on Google and lo and behold.:eek:

:ohwell: Not sure how I feel about this.
I can't see the image pal :ohwell:.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Tiers are to be repealed because they are for queers
The whole "tiers are for queers" thing is just silly. Tier lists are important because they show the strongest characters in the current metagame. It's not a be all end all list of what character will win a match, think of it more as a threat list. As in, what characters you should watch out for if you want to do well. You can win with any character, but you have to know how to fight the top tiers since they are the most common.

For instance, if you enter a Melee tournament but have no idea how to fight Fox, you aren't going to place high with any character since Fox is everywhere.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------
----------

Paper Mario?, anyway I hate idiots telling me who to play.

anyway I missed splatoon because I had a haircut that wasted time and made me more hairless so im in a bad mood

anyway at my school ill spam maybe im the youngest on the threads im 12 actually

Last edited:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
Sorry everyone for my rant, haha.

It just sparked me to write about the topic due to how the Smash community feels almost separated (Melee & Brawl/Sm4sh). I won't get into it, because that is about the equivalent of politics now a-days. :laugh:

But to keep on topic, I like how Sakurai makes every Kirby character in Smash pretty much different from each other. It appeals to everyone when you think about it...

For example:
King DeDeDe is slow, yet very powerful.
Meta Knight is fast, yet more on the weak side.
And Kirby is in-between, mostly made up of combos.

I just wonder what Bandana Dee would fit in like with the Kirby series crowd?

(I also read page 387 while catching up... No comment...)

Burruni

Smash Hero

It just sparked me to write about the topic due to how the Smash community feels almost separated (Melee & Brawl/Sm4sh). I won't get into it, because that is about the equivalent of politics now a-days. :laugh:

But to keep on topic, I like how Sakurai makes every Kirby character in Smash pretty much different from each other. It appeals to everyone when you think about it...

For example:

I've always felt that BanD would be a moderate speed for a character but not one that would really rush to get in, using an arsenal of moves for the range that gives him :4shulk:tier reach and a fair bit of power at the cost of... well... :4kirby:'s weight and less jumps.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

For example:

I'd imagine he'd be spacing/ranged based? Like, he pushes back opponents and doesn't let them get any farther than his spear, at least in theory.

Top Bottom