• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sorry for being the party crasher but please don't advertise your thread.

Now what happened between us and Magolor and why is that convo being brought up now

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
No, most people support a character because they like said character. They don't really need another reason.
But it's not the sole reason. It may be the motivation, but I can guarenteed you nobody got into Smash simply because "Sakurai liked them." There's always a more complex reason. If you want a character in Smash and the only reason you have is "I like them," you're going to get laughed at.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
But it's not the sole reason. It may be the motivation, but I can guarenteed you nobody got into Smash simply because "Sakurai liked them." There's always a more complex reason. If you want a character in Smash and the only reason you have is "I like them," you're going to get laughed at.
The reason I support King K. Rool (or anyone for that matter) is because I like the character. I don't support him because he's a DK rep because then I'd be advocating for literally anyone from the DK franchise. Sure, the DK rep thing is a plus to his inclusion, but the reason I want him is because I like him. You are talking about why they should be in the game. Not why you want them in.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
http://twishort.com/JUPic Revised Bandana Waddle Dee moveset.
There are no parasols for one reason- only lower rank Waddle Dees and Kirby use a parasol- Bandana Dee doesn't. Nruffs…I'm not 100% sure. They could work.

If you don't like the character, there's no reason to support. But there must be more reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I gotta say, this thread is so AWESOME and SWEET too! May the best fighter forever be: Bandana Waddle Dee for DLC!!!
Also, follow me for further updates @ BoltDragon BoltDragon :149:. I send my regards t all fans of Bandana Waddle Dee.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The reason I support King K. Rool (or anyone for that matter) is because I like the character. I don't support him because he's a DK rep because then I'd be advocating for literally anyone from the DK franchise. Sure, the DK rep thing is a plus to his inclusion, but the reason I want him is because I like him. You are talking about why they should be in the game. Not why you want them in.
What else would I be talking about? That's kind of how this whole things started. I didn't change points in the middle of a sentence.
If you don't like the character, there's no reason to support. But there must be more reasons.
Hence, "it may be the motivation."

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I'm trying to figure out what potential palette swaps could be for Bandana Dee.

Of course, there's the obvious ones:

-Yellow
-Green

Then there could also be the Cyan one that was a scrapped Rainbow Curse color. That would add up to 4...

But, what do you think the rest would be? Do you think they would reference other characters (Kirby's coloration, Meta Knight's coloration, and so on) or do you think they would go with more generic colors for the remaining palette swaps?

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434

-Yellow
-Green

Then there could also be the Cyan one that was a scrapped Rainbow Curse color. That would add up to 4...

But, what do you think the rest would be? Do you think they would reference other characters (Kirby's coloration, Meta Knight's coloration, and so on) or do you think they would go with more generic colors for the remaining palette swaps?
http://twishort.com/JUPic Skip to right near the end, I came up with all eight.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

-Yellow
-Green

There'd possibly be a Game Boy palette one, to match those that Kirby and Dedede have.

Meta Knight lacks one, but I assume that that's because he never appeared in a monochrome Game Boy title, whereas standard Waddle Dees did debut there.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
What else would I be talking about? That's kind of how this whole things started. I didn't change points in the middle of a sentence.

Hence, "it may be the motivation."
You can still support a character without needing any other reason than you like that character. Take BoltDragon for example. He ****ing adores Dragonite, which is why he supports that character. There really isn't another reason to support Dragonite or other random Pokemon other than you like them (no offense). Why you want them in and why they should be in are two different points.

You said.
"It may be the motivation, but I can guarenteed you nobody got into Smash simply because "Sakurai liked them." There's always a more complex reason."

That's why they should be in the game, not why you want them in. I know Sakurai picks characters based on other things than he likes the character otherwise Smash would be 100 FE characters with Kirby and friends. You don't need another reason to support a character other than you like them. There can be more like they have amazing moveset potential but that doesn't need to be there. To actually advocate for a character to legitimately get in Smash, yes, you need reasons to warrant that character's inclusion in the game, but not for your support.

We're probably going to misunderstand each other so I suggest we stop. Yay!!!!1!

But anyway, that Dee.
There'd possibly be a Game Boy palette one, to match those that Kirby and Dedede have.

Meta Knight lacks one, but I assume that that's because he never appeared in a monochrome Game Boy title, whereas standard Waddle Dees did debut there.
Gameboy Dee ftw.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Wow. That's REALLY good. It's impossible at this point to say he doesn't have move set potential.
Thanks! I even tackled the biggest argument against Bandana Dee in there.
I'm still considering the Nruffs. Like parasols, Bandana Dee doesn't use them, lower rank Waddle Dees do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I gotta say, this thread is so AWESOME and SWEET too! May the best fighter forever be: Bandana Waddle Dee for DLC!!!
Also, follow me for further updates @ BoltDragon BoltDragon :149:. I send my regards t all fans of Bandana Waddle Dee.
do you really support bandana dee?
or are you just trying to get your thread more attention?

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

-Yellow
-Green

Sailor Dee or no Bandana as alternate costumes.

Pennate

Smash Cadet

-Yellow
-Green

It might be a pipe dream, but I feel that Bandana Dee should have color palettes based on Spear Kirby, Waddle Dees' Gameboy Palette, Lanzers, and Halcandran Waddle Dees.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I actually liked it :drwtf:
I'm surprised about the fact that there are people that disliked the 2.5D effect :ohwell:
I swear that was complaint from many people, but whatever. Kirby should have a new TV show, with Bandana Dee being a main character.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I swear that was complaint from many people, but whatever.
It was certainly a complaint of mine, because it's jarring and inconsistent, even within scenes.

What makes it super-weird is that it was in a TV show, when complaints about the mixing of techniques within animation typically tend to get directed at feature-length movies that mix them (Don Bluth's Anastasia is one, for example - it mixes styles such as rotoscoping and standard animation at times, and it was criticised for this).

Kirby should have a new TV show, with Bandana Dee being a main character.
I want to see something that's a lot more game-accurate, preferably derived from Kirby Triple Deluxe's style and tone, but minus the modern re-working of Dedede's Kirby 64 design (so, I guess somewhere between the art-styles of Triple Deluxe and Return to Dream Land). ;)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
At least the 3D in KRBaY was a style that "looked" fitting to the stow, compared to Gen 4/5 of the Pokemon anime, that crap just turned me off from it the most with it's psudo realistic 3D airships from the Team Not Rockets and it just pissed me off to no end.

Granted, it still was weird in Kirby, but a Hell of a lot better to look at then other animes I seen.

I'm surprised about the fact that there are people that disliked the 2.5D effect :ohwell:
Well, just to say, I don't myself, imo. xD

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
do you really support bandana dee?
or are you just trying to get your thread more attention?
I do support Bandana Waddle Dee, honestly! I really do think Kirby needs an extra player added for super smash bros DLC! I will keep all my honesty here right now. I give my alliance to Bandana Waddle Dee, he is one of my top Super smash bros DLC wish list characters that I would like to see in smash! Anywho, expect me to post here more about him.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm legit surprised too. Heck, that special feature is what made the show stand out to me as much as it did, no less. Also, I feel that Sakurai may more than likely add different weapons to B.D.'s arsenal, such as Parasols. I just hope they don't go overboard with it.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
http://twishort.com/JUPic Revised Bandana Waddle Dee moveset.
There are no parasols for one reason- only lower rank Waddle Dees and Kirby use a parasol- Bandana Dee doesn't. Nruffs…I'm not 100% sure. They could work.
waddle flop sux, a generic slam attack over more creative ideas? no... just no... staboomerang is creative though, a punny name and something new, imo I hate waddle flop as a move, maybe a dash attack but instead of down b flop... parasols? bombs? nruff? star blocks? items? even carryng? enemies? I don't at all see the appeal at all of waddle flop... also the normal price is 4$ 5$ for both i think maybe 3 and 4 and a pack with lucas seems... random, I mean they're 2 unrelated characters, maybe because they're both from hal?
overall it was ok... I'd reccomend making staboomerang a down b... and make side b nruff or a parasol, maybe keep side b staboomerang and make those two down bs, also enemy spawning.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
I'm still under the impression that Bandana Dee might have Palutena Syndrome and might have moves that represent waddle dees.
"To represent Waddle Dee's and Doo's, we have gotten rid of his spear and instead gave him the abilities normally found in Dee's and Doo's such as Laser vision and the incredible powers of walking forward at a leisurely pace."

Who needs spears am I right? or am I right?

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I do support Bandana Waddle Dee, honestly! I really do think Kirby needs an extra player added for super smash bros DLC! I will keep all my honesty here right now. I give my alliance to Bandana Waddle Dee, he is one of my top Super smash bros DLC wish list characters that I would like to see in smash! Anywho, expect me to post here more about him.
In that case. I initiate you. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzm3sNl8VwQ

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
waddle flop sux, a generic slam attack over more creative ideas? no... just no... staboomerang is creative though, a punny name and something new, imo I hate waddle flop as a move, maybe a dash attack but instead of down b flop... parasols? bombs? nruff? star blocks? items? even carryng? enemies? I don't at all see the appeal at all of waddle flop... also the normal price is 4$ 5$ for both i think maybe 3 and 4 and a pack with lucas seems... random, I mean they're 2 unrelated characters, maybe because they're both from hal?
overall it was ok... I'd reccomend making staboomerang a down b... and make side b nruff or a parasol, maybe keep side b staboomerang and make those two down bs, also enemy spawning.
Hm. I could remove Waddle Dee Flop because…Obvious reasons. Maybe a bomb down B? Throwing a star block? I'll try to think of something. Thanks for the feedback.
Anyway…
What if there was a specific Waddle Doo similar to Bandana Dee? (I don't know, perhaps a yellow one with the same Beam abilites as Beam Kirby and a tophat or something.) It would be random but still nice.
Edit:I changed the Down B to Star Block.
A little something to add. On an unrelated note, I made my own thread. http://smashboards.com/threads/paper-mario-enters-the-fold-paper-mario-for-dlc.416141/

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I think the Dee is next for Smashified...

EDIT: Crap, never mind. They said it would be a female. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom