• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yeah, Jano and Zero are cuddly teddy bears in comparison to Giygas.
-u- Well, at least we still got least visually terrifying characters in Kirby, like BDee, Meta and Kirby himself even if he eat's all of your soul. xD But even then, I'd still would like to see Zero appear in a newer game if possible for the nightmare fuel. o_o

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i always thought creepy bosses fit kirby more.
i mean if we have dreamland why not some nightmares to spice it up?
No offense whatsoever to what I'm about to say but, Crowned Dee was how I recognized your posts and it had more personality...

But it's your life.
now that you say that should i change mine back?
show's a fetus and a woman's womb in the end of the game. For kids.
upload_2015-8-30_21-2-5.png
u wot m8

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
-u- Well, at least we still got least visually terrifying characters in Kirby, like BDee, Meta and Kirby himself even if he eat's all of your soul. xD But even then, I'd still would like to see Zero appear in a newer game if possible for the nightmare fuel. o_o
And MK strikes lightning at your face with a sword and cuts you in half. :3 IS'T HE SO DAMN CUTE? and I have a thing for villains/anti heroes that do that, that being Shay, Shen, Meta Knight, Minato, Ike, Ridley...etc etc. AND I WOULD LOVE SEEING ZERO IN HD! o3o BLOOD EVERYWHERE.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
anything I miss? I usually read all up to a page, but I'm at 586, it's getting boring reading everything. know what? this seems interesting...

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And MK strikes lightning at your face with a sword and cuts you in half. :3 IS'T HE SO DAMN CUTE? and I have a thing for villains/anti heroes that do that, that being Shay, Shen, Meta Knight, Minato, Ike, Ridley...etc etc. AND I WOULD LOVE SEEING ZERO IN HD! o3o BLOOD EVERYWHERE.
o.o Oh, I...never really thought about Meta doing that before...especially lightning...but then again, his sword looks like a lightning bolt, doesn't it?... =u= Well, like I said, Kirby is darker on the inside, I mean, BDEE can ABSORB COOKIES WITH NO MOUTH. xD

But yeah, at least they looks cutie and squishy compared to FLOATING BLOODY EYEBALL OF DEATH. o_o

Last edited:

AndreaAC

o.o Oh, I...never really thought about Meta doing that before...especially lightning...but then again, his sword looks like a lightning bolt, doesn't it?... =u= Well, like I said, Kirby is darker on the inside, I mean, BDEE can ABSORB COOKIES WITH NO MOUTH. xD

But yeah, at least they looks cutie and squishy compared to FLOATING BLOODY EYEBALL OF DEATH. o_o
Just imagine that the blood is strawberry jam and everyone's happy.

AndreaAC

Except for me. I don't like strawberry stuff.

I know, I'm weird. XD
xD I guess that depends, if it is strewberry milkshake, I love it, if it is yogurt, I hate it to death and it is jam or a normal strawberry, no problem.

D

Deleted member

now that i think about it are you guys vampires? you seem to be active at night and now you're talking about blood.....
never mind that, can we stop this? you guys are spooking me.

what if the main character wasn't kirby how about that?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
now that i think about it are you guys vampires? you seem to be active at night and now you're talking about blood.....

Sorry. I'll stop.

And well, if that might Bandana Dee was the star, we wouldn't have this thread of friends to support him I guess. xD

AndreaAC

Neh, maybe around here where I am the Moon may be at its fullest, and that is the time I am more active when it comes to stuff late at night. I prefer werewolves, but vampires are nice as long as both aren't from Twilight.

And if the main character wasn't kirby...I will ALWAYS want it to be Meta Knight no matter what.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Neh, maybe around here where I am the Moon may be at its fullest, and that is the time I am more active when it comes to stuff late at night. I prefer werewolves, but vampires are nice as long at both aren't from Twilight.

And if the main character wasn't kirby...I will ALWAYS want it to be Meta Knight no matter what.
That. What you said. Thank you.

And yeah, that would work for me. xD

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I don't really like strawberry anything, to be honest. But, oh well.

One last thing regarding Zero... I actually remembered something kind of funny. It was this Youtube video I watched, of the original Zero boss battle. And if I remember correctly, right at the part where his eye bursts, this giant annotation thingy appears on the screen. I believe it just said "BLOOOOOOOOOOOD" or something like that. (But, you know, which more "O"s so that it fills up the entire screen... It effectively blocked the gruesome scene from my view, that's for sure.) :laugh:

OK, now I'm done with this subject. :p

Also, @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I'm glad you like my Signature! I actually added one of the Bandana Dee pictures (the one with the white outline) just earlier today. Originally, it was just one Bandana Dee picture, but I felt it would look nice with a second one. I got both pictures from this topic's original post, by the way.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Also, @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I'm glad you like my Signature! I actually added one of the Bandana Dee pictures (the one with the white outline) just earlier today. Originally, it was just one Bandana Dee picture, but I felt it would look nice with a second one. I got both pictures from this topic's original post, by the way.
Well, no problem. It's just that I'm a sucker for cute things. So, nice addition to your sig. ;3

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ugh Magolor is still around for a reason..and I feel its going to tie into Marx.
I can remember how different and surprising Marx was at the time (what he did was very uncommon in video games at the time, and I remember him fondly partly for that reason), so I'm really curious about your thoughts here.

i always thought creepy bosses fit kirby more.
i mean if we have dreamland why not some nightmares to spice it up?
This gets said a lot, but do bear in mind that to the devs in Japan, it's not Dream Land, but Pupupu Land - one of the surviving parts of the triple-syllabic naming scheme apparently originally derived from the French book "Made in OuLiPo - Le Popopo et le Dedede et La Tortilla du Ciboulot" (Google Translate that and you'll also get where I got my username from :laugh:), with "Pupupu" most likely being derived from the Japanese onomatopoeia for "soft and squishy" (given its populace all being cute and cuddly creatures), which is "puyo".

Nightmare and his ilk are a threat to the Fountain of Dreams (and its counterparts that were also left by the ancients on the other surrounding planets), not because of the name of that region of Popstar. ;)

o.o Oh, I...never really thought about Meta doing that before...especially lightning...but then again, his sword looks like a lightning bolt, doesn't it?...
To go with the existing large number of references to Eastern culture and history in the Kirby series, the current iteration of Meta Knight's sword is actually based on this blade. ;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
.o. oooh...I see! You're right, that looks just like it, just Meta's a bit more badass. >u> Thanks for sharing!
Keeping track of these things is something I enjoy doing, so I'm always happy to share them. :smash:

I've made quite lengthy postings on Dedede-related trivia (in particular, what specific type of Earth penguin he's closest to, and from where he derives his style of clothing) earlier in the thread, too. :laugh:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Keeping track of these things is something I enjoy doing, so I'm always happy to share them. :smash:

I've made quite lengthy postings on Dedede-related trivia (in particular, what specific type of Earth penguin he's closest to, and from where he derives his style of clothing) earlier in the thread, too. :laugh:
:3 Wow...that's pretty neat! I hope you keep it up, that's awesome of you!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I think they are, I'm not sure
No he doesn't.
3rd party
Not close to Sonic, Pac-Man, etc levels of fame
One game
Multiplatform
Indie
Never released in Japan
Logically

I'm not sorry to be that guy.
he may be unlikely but still has a chance, I'm just saying it makes a bad image if we detract another non joke character
Except for me. I don't like strawberry stuff.
me neither!

I know, I'm weird. XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
:3 Wow...that's pretty neat! I hope you keep it up, that's awesome of you!
Thanks! And as sure as we need to see more Eldritch Abominations showing their faces (or at least eyeballs) again in the Kirby series, I intend to. :)

@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I think they are, I'm not sure
I'm really sorry, but I don't know what you're referring to. I can't seem to put this response to any of my posts within the last couple of pages. :smash:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
That's pretty cool that Meta Knight's sword is actually based on a real-life one! It even has the same number of "branches" on it, if you also count the ones on the hilt of Meta Knight's sword. I know that this information will definitely help me remember how to draw Meta Knight's sword, since I used to forget exactly how many branches there are. Now I can easily remember that there are seven in total: The two on the hilt, the four on the sides of the blade, and the single tip of the sword on top.

AndreaAC

That's pretty cool that Meta Knight's sword is actually based on a real-life one! It even has the same number of "branches" on it, if you also count the ones on the hilt of Meta Knight's sword. I know that this information will definitely help me remember how to draw Meta Knight's sword, since I used to forget exactly how many branches there are. Now I can easily remember that there are seven in total: The two on the hilt, the four on the sides of the blade, and the single tip of the sword on top.

xD I also have a hard time drawing it. BUT IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

It's a bit strange that this one has two more "branches".

Yeah, but Smash Bros has it like the pretty one you posted at first. So I guess it's just illustration flare, like a lot of drawings do to make something look more dramatic I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom