• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Tahnkfully, a Mii Costume just wouldn't work for Bandana Dee, the most he could get is a head gear similar to Meta Knight.

And I don't care what anyone says, I don't think Head Gear lowers the chances at all.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Apparently there's more Mii Fighter costumes coming soon..

How would you feel if they made a Bandana Dee one for a swordfighter but they redesigned the sword to look like his spear?
I don't believe there is any weapon they can properly tape Bandana Dee and his weapon on a Sword wouldn't make sense with the attack Mii swordfighters do.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
My question from earlier was never answered... :p

Anyway, if Bandana Dee was a Mii Costume...? Well, I'd be disappointed (unless it was announced alongside the real deal~), but I can kind of picture it in my head. Hmm... The Headgear part would be the blue bandana, the sword would be made to look like his spear, and the torso could be colored to look like a Waddle Dee's face, maybe? Like, red-orange with the peach part on the front? IDK. It might look kinda silly. XD

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
My question from earlier was never answered... :p

Anyway, if Bandana Dee was a Mii Costume...? Well, I'd be disappointed (unless it was announced alongside the real deal~), but I can kind of picture it in my head. Hmm... The Headgear part would be the blue bandana, the sword would be made to look like his spear, and the torso could be colored to look like a Waddle Dee's face, maybe? Like, red-orange with the peach part on the front? IDK. It might look kinda silly. XD
The King K.Rool mii outfit

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure You want us to vote for Bandana Dee again because of the King K. Rool Mii Fighter outfit?
I guess that makes sense... You don't want the same thing to happen to Bandana Dee, right? I understand.
The only problem is, I feel like it's kinda cheating... I dunno. We were supposed to vote only once, right? As much as I want Bandana Dee, I want to earn him fair and square. Sure, I can't stop everyone else from cheating and voting multiple times, but since I originally voted for Bandana Dee in the official ballot, I haven't made any other votes since. Not for additional characters, or for the same character again.

Sakurai gave us this opportunity to vote for who we want. And if he's gonna be honest about it and add the winner of the ballot into Smash, we should be honest, too. Even if the winner of the ballot isn't Bandana Dee, he's still listening to find out who the majority of fans want, whoever that may be.

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure You want us to vote for Bandana Dee again because of the King K. Rool Mii Fighter outfit?
I guess that makes sense... You don't want the same thing to happen to Bandana Dee, right? I understand.
The only problem is, I feel like it's kinda cheating... I dunno. We were supposed to vote only once, right? As much as I want Bandana Dee, I want to earn him fair and square. Sure, I can't stop everyone else from cheating and voting multiple times, but since I originally voted for Bandana Dee in the official ballot, I haven't made any other votes since. Not for additional characters, or for the same character again.

Sakurai gave us this opportunity to vote for who we want. And if he's gonna be honest about it and add the winner of the ballot into Smash, we should be honest, too. Even if the winner of the ballot isn't Bandana Dee, he's still listening to find out who the majority of fans want, whoever that may be.
I think its the last character you voted for that will be accounted for. So vote for Bandana Dee (or the character you want more) if your unsure of who you last voted for

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

ya that's true but still there are time you are going to have to brake a few rules to get what you want there were many times I myself had followed the rules of a competition and still ended up losing all because some one has "bested me" and by that I mean cheated. I know it may not be right but all is fair in love and war, and right now this is love AND war. So don't worry and don't feel guilty it's still all in good fun and at the end of the day it's really not up to use but up to Mr. Sakurai. so cheer up :D

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So, aside from Bandana Dee, are there any other Kirby series characters you guys would like in Smash?

I think it would be funny if they put Shadow Kirby in. Make him seem like a clone, but the only properties he has that would be the same as Kirby's would be the multiple jumps and Inhale. Example, his down-B could be the Blossom move used by Ninja Kirby, his up-B could be something Wing Kirby related (not Shuttle Loop) and side-B could be throwing a pan like the Cookin enemy from Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. I just think it would be funny to have two characters that should be clones, not be clones.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So, aside from Bandana Dee, are there any other Kirby series characters you guys would like in Smash?

I think it would be funny if they put Shadow Kirby in. Make him seem like a clone, but the only properties he has that would be the same as Kirby's would be the multiple jumps and Inhale. Example, his down-B could be the Blossom move used by Ninja Kirby, his up-B could be something Wing Kirby related (not Shuttle Loop) and side-B could be throwing a pan like the Cookin enemy from Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. I just think it would be funny to have two characters that should be clones, not be clones.
Prince Fluff, if he appears in another Kirby game.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I doubt Bandana Dee would be a Mii costume, I'm sad some King K supporters lost all hope...but I'm happy some came over here.
I may not be into the supporting thing anymore like a year ago, but, it is sad to see how many character support threads get into this gloomy mood and get worried or angry because of things like the Mii Costume, or like in the Rayman thread, something that turned out way too good to be real ( the fake leak), and now K.Rool's supporters, but at least it wasn't something that kept them wondering for a whole year, and fearing for the worst instead of trying to hope for the best like in Ridley's case with both Pyrosphere's reveal and the shadow with glitchy movements, and then BAM!, everything went downhill with the Extravaganza thingy. But after the incident with MK and Sakurai's "trolling", I say that costume means nothing.

It's good to stay neutral in this kind of thing with the characters, but too bad that the rest of this place is falling apart.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Daroach would be really awesome imo.

Furret24

Smash Master
Not really, most other Kirby characters don't seem to really have huge moveset potential outside of Bandana Dee. If I was forced to choose, probably Adeline.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Daroach, Magolor, or Knuckle Joe would probably be the next three in line. Of those three, I would probably go with Knuckle Joe since he's appeared in the most games and has the most moveset potential.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
This is kind of off topic, but I always feel like I'm the only one who calls him Waddle Dee. Do you guys think he's going to be called Waddle or Bandana if he is confirmed?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
At this rate it looks like either no characters or just 1, and it's probably Wolf. This update isn't worth the money so far. I need actual content worth paying for, Sakurai. Mii costumes do not fall into that category.

Edit: Actually wait a second, boys. Tomorrow 3 Kirby games were announced to hit the eShop: Kirby Squeak Sqaud, Kirby 64, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland!!!!! Maybe we have a tiny chance here after all? I could just be trying to grasp at straws.

Last edited:
Top Bottom