• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
Not trying to be rude here but I don't understand you...

You don't want Bandana Dee in Smash, you voted No in the poll...yet you are committing your time WITH computer issues to...Bandana Dee support?

I appreciate it fully but...it's confusing...
Well, he is like IkoMattOrr, both think that someone else than Dee would be a better Kirby rep for Smash, but still post to this thread because there's often general Kirby discussion in this thread.

While I have nothing against deetractors coming to this thread to discuss Kirby series, I don't like if they (constantly) bring up their dislike to Dee. We don't go to Magolor/Adeleine/other Kirby rep threads to tell that we dislike the character or that Bandana Dee is a better choice than *insert other Kirby character* for Smash.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I don't want Bandana Dee in as much as other Kirby characters, nor do I or did I ever believe he's had a very large chance to get in to begin with. That's it. Whatever contempt you think I have toward this thread or BD is non-existant. I have virtually no contempt towards you or any one else on this thread. And it's not that I don't want him in; it's just that there are so many other Kirby characters who would be a million times more fun to plays as, in my opinion, that I'm surprised aren't getting any support, or at least not as much as BD.

I'm here because this is where the Kirby fanbase amidst the Smash community tends to clump. I'm a Kirby fanboy. Where am I gonna go? The Magolor thread? People post there like once a month. I believe the choice is obvious.
I respect your opinion, but I think Bandana Dee would be fun to play as. Using his spear, parasol, and physical capabilities, he could have a diverse moveset that wouldn't rely on gimmicks or a campy playstyle (Shulk, Duck Hunt, etc.) to be unique.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Let's replace that line with "Who was the least nerfed Kirby character im Sm4sh?" then. Undisputable now!
Actually, Dedede got hit pretty hard. He lost most of the options he had in Brawl and the ones he still have are either weak or not as effective as before. I'd actually say that Kirby was the least nerfed.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I don't want Bandana Dee in as much as other Kirby characters, nor do I or did I ever believe he's had a very large chance to get in to begin with. That's it. Whatever contempt you think I have toward this thread or BD is non-existant. I have virtually no contempt towards you or any one else on this thread. And it's not that I don't want him in; it's just that there are so many other Kirby characters who would be a million times more fun to plays as, in my opinion, that I'm surprised aren't getting any support, or at least not as much as BD.

I'm here because this is where the Kirby fanbase amidst the Smash community tends to clump. I'm a Kirby fanboy. Where am I gonna go? The Magolor thread? People post there like once a month. I believe the choice is obvious.
Uhh...with all due respect we are a Bandana Dee support thread not a Kirby social, if you only come here to talk about Kirby in general you are in the wrong place...go to the Kirby social thread

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Uhh...we are a Bandana Dee support thread not a Kirby social, if you only come here to talk about Kirby in general you are in the wrong place...go to the Kirby social thread
Exactly! We're more of an all-encompassing social thread... I mean, yeah, Bandanna Dee support thread! That's what I meant.

Furret24

Smash Master
Actually, Dedede got hit pretty hard. He lost most of the options he had in Brawl and the ones he still have are either weak or not as effective as before. I'd actually say that Kirby was the least nerfed.
I thought Kirby was nerfed slightly worse. That's probably my Kirby main bias speaking though (Hammer is pretty terrible now though).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OK, I will be busy this and the next week with university stuff, so I will not be here that much.
So yeah, remember to make propaganda, please.

_mmd_newcomer__bandana_waddle_dee____dl_by_alicemew-d6skltk.png

Hugs for everybody.

Furret24

Smash Master
I noticed the other day, that I would drop all of the $1.4K in my bank account for BDee... Am I too obsessed?
Bandana Dee does not ask for your money. He askes for undying loyalty to him. Give him all of your love and respect. Convert to Deeism. It's what will make him happy.

Now give me that $1.4kK in your bank account.

Furret24

Smash Master
Has anyone else noticed that we're one of the biggest character support threads here? We're at nearly 20,00 replies and 452,000+ views. The only thread with more replies and views than us is the King K. Rool thread, which far surpasses us (shocking). It's nice to see that there's so much support for my most wanted DLC character (Rayman, Pichu, and King K. Rool are also ones i'm really hoping for).

Zigzag991

Smash Rookie
You could always put vote for Bandanna Dee in your signatures on websites you frequent, although I'd imagine most of you are already doing that, plus I'm not really sure how much it would actually help.

StormC

Smash Hero
As an ex-Deetractor, I think your best bet is going to be explaining that BDee is actually a significant Kirby character with moveset potential, not just a cute glorified drone. @ Chandeelure Chandeelure 's OP here does a great job showing his merits.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Has anyone else noticed that we're one of the biggest character support threads here? We're at nearly 20,00 replies and 452,000+ views. The only thread with more replies and views than us is the King K. Rool thread, which far surpasses us (shocking). It's nice to see that there's so much support for my most wanted DLC character (Rayman, Pichu, and King K. Rool are also ones i'm really hoping for).
Actually, we realized that a long time ago. It's odd, because we definitely don't have the 810 people that voted yes viewing the thread.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've been thinking, how do we spread propaganda? Anyone with art skills here?
I tend to deal with this on Miiverse, myself.

I post doodles and captioned screenshots, and tend to mix things up by making relevant posts in Miiverse communities outside of the Smash one as well; For example, I've made Bandana Waddle Dee postings in the various Kirby series communities for which I own games (I always do captioned screenshots for these, as it gives me a bit more variety to work with), and for titles as diverse as Amiibo Tap (one of my Amiibos unlocked Kirby's Adventure), and Art Academy SketchPad (I implemented some of my learnings from New Art Academy, which does not support Miiverse, into Art Academy SketchPad, which does, to create a BWD pastel drawing, and posted it there).

Postings in the "Support" sections (i.e., the ones that get pulled into the Miiverse stage in Smash Wii U) for Dedede, Kirby, and Meta Knight are always good to make, too.

Last edited:
Actually, we realized that a long time ago. It's odd, because we definitely don't have the 810 people that voted yes viewing the thread.
However, some people who voted no visit this thread regularly, some of them being ex-deetractors and others being deetractors that come here for general Kirby discussion.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Two things.

He CAN be in Smash 4, lol.
And obviously, Nintendo will not stop making Smash, that's like saying they will not make more Mario Kart games.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
Earlier I meant I think he has very low chances of DLC honestly. His main game was Return to Dreamland. Sure, he had a few other cameos, but nothing big. But seeing as how Bandana Dee is not a one time Hero, I think he stands a legitimate chance now. Still low chance in my opinion, but maybe we will get lucky.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Earlier I meant I think he has very low chances of DLC honestly. His main game was Return to Dreamland. Sure, he had a few other cameos, but nothing big. But seeing as how Bandana Dee is not a one time Hero, I think he stands a legitimate chance now. Still low chance in my opinion, but maybe we will get lucky.
Considering he's consistently at the top 10 in polls, pretty popular, and you know a Kirby character, I believe Bandana Dee is very possible. Of course not as possible as Wolf or King K. Rool, now that's just silly if you think that.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I've been thinking, how do we spread propaganda? Anyone with art skills here?
*Raises hand slowly* I think? I do since people have stated they like my artwork. EX. My Bandana Dee sig has 25+ likes and a couple of comments when I posted it on colors!3D.
If you're expecting realism then don't go to me. Cutesy, triadic color schemes is basically my art style in a nutshell. I would show one of my art accounts but echhhh I've been lazy with my recent postings.

Top Bottom