• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Don't complain to me when there aren't 30 DLC characters.
Never said I was expecting 30. But this isn't the thread for this kind of argument so to change the subject...
Are you using this today?

Why would I steal this poor mannequin's bandana that would be rude! :p

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Do you think Bandana Dee will be orange instead of red (like in Triple Deluxe) is he is in Smash? Because the normal Waddle Dees are red in this Smash, and in Return to Dream Land normal Waddle Dees are orange and Bandana Dee is red.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Do you think Bandana Dee will be orange instead of red (like in Triple Deluxe) is he is in Smash? Because the normal Waddle Dees are red in this Smash, and in Return to Dream Land normal Waddle Dees are orange and Bandana Dee is red.
I feel like he will be orange to differentiate from the normal Dees.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think they're more likely to use the Waddle Dees already in Smash as a reference.

Then again, the Mewtwo trophy and playable Mewtwo are way different in color and build, so who's to say.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I think he'd be orange in a attempt to avoid people saying "lol it's a generic waddle dee with a bandana" and try to distance him away from other Waddle Dees, as little as that distancing from them may be, it should still help a little bit. I also think his moveset may end up incorporating other Waddle Dees so his color should be a bit different, as to not make him hard to see.

He will be a sickly neon green. Don't ask any questions, I can see the future, I wouldn't lie to you.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I think that they might possibly go for some asset re-use so as to speed things up! (And though on the surface this may sound lame or cheap somehow, do bear in mind that it's a good point in BWD's favour that the game already has functional Waddle Dees in it, in various forms, that could be used as a base. ;))

If anything, maybe they'd do a minimal tweak to make Bandana Waddle Dee the tiniest bit darker in shade than the other Waddle Dees in the game, but I'd say that's about it.

I don't think that they would change his colour drastically, given how much effort is usually put in to make sure characters are represented pretty accurately.

EDIT: Actually, take a look at the first of Sakurai's Smash 3DS/Wii U project proposal slides. One of the goals for how characters look has been to bring them closer to how they are in their native series, as compared to the previous game.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
yo @ Chandeelure Chandeelure aren't you running the @BandanaDeeSm4sh twitter account? If so, you should prob delete the last tweet, makes us sound like we're entitled. We haaven't gotten anymore news on people after Isaac, so it's not like they are blatantly ignoring us. I would give them at least until Smashified live...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
yo @ Chandeelure Chandeelure aren't you running the @BandanaDeeSm4sh twitter account? If so, you should prob delete the last tweet, makes us sound like we're entitled. We haaven't gotten anymore news on people after Isaac, so it's not like they are blatantly ignoring us. I would give them at least until Smashified live...
He actually gave more "hints" and he will do a character and then Isaac.
And I'm pretty sure that character is not Bandana Dee, he is also planning to do Ridley and Krystal, but whatever, I will delete it if you think it's rude or something...

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I'm just going to pretend the Dee will be rainbow colored and call it good.
Last night I had a dream that K. Rool was announced in smash and that I was holding a cup of coffee(I don't even drink it that much)with a face of disgust.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm just going to pretend the Dee will be rainbow colored and call it good.
Last night I had a dream that K. Rool was announced in smash and that I was holding a cup of coffee(I don't even drink it that much)with a face of disgust.
I am a K. Rool supporter, myself, so I would have been celebrating like crazy. :p

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'm still a cat champion.... WOOOH
Slightly off-topic, but your Dark Samus sig gif is amazing, haha.

I think he'll be orange. He was orange in his first appearance, and he may be red in his latest, but making him basically a regular waddle dee, but with a bandana, does a but of disservice to his character since to my understanding he was always a different shade than the normies. And so, since normie dees are red in SM4SH, then Bandana Dee will be Orange.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
He is orange in Triple Deluxe and the other Waddle Dees are also orange when he is red.
Hmm... that sounds confusing, basically, Waddle Dees are always orange in the new games, except for Smash, and Bandana Dee is always red, except for Triple Deluxe.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Really o-O I would think by now you guys expect it.
Nobody can say for sure. I think we all would say it's more likely than not, but it's definitely not a lock.

I was thinking about it earlier, but kinda in the vein of RTC, I'd think of it like this:

Wolf: 85%
K. Rool: 75%
Isaac: 60%
Bandana Dee: 55%
Dixie Kong: 50%
Paper Mario: 45%

Anything after that is pretty negligible to me.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Truthfully I didn't even notice a color difference until you guys started pointing it out.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Truthfully I didn't even notice a color difference until you guys started pointing it out.
We are Kirby fans, attention-to-detail is our specialty!

We notice things like this, and the facts that Dedede's robe and crown are based on Manchu Dynasty imperial dress, that Bandana Waddle Dee's spear is specifically of Chinese origin and has real-world practical uses, that the current iteration of Meta Knight's sword is based on this ancient blade, and so on... (And who said video games weren't educational, eh?)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
They're probably going to go for his most recent appearence, like they did for everybody else, i.e. Jigglypuff now having small, blue eyes instead huge, green ones.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's spelled correctly. It's just that "Bandanna" is a valid alternate spelling in some regions. ;)
This is incredibly confusing to me because for most of my life I was sure it was "bandanna" and only recently have I been told that "bandana" is the "correct" way to do it.

According to this, "bandanna" is how it's listed in the dictionary, but Google will say "bandana."

Top Bottom