• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Do you think we are going to have more than 2 characters?
I have some doubts. I think that we will get one more pre-Ballot character and a Ballot character.
I could be (and I hope that I am) wrong, however.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

Sakurai stated that there will only be "several more" characters
It's kind hard to what's the meaning of several more, maybe 4? 5? 6? 7?
Also:
"From now until the end, it is going to be fan service" :drwtf:
That phrase scares me
In that case the only factor that matters now is popularity :drshrug:
http://nintendoeverything.com/detai...e-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-dlc-characters-planned/
EDIT: Also, forgot to say that this may be just a bad translation, but I doubt it :ohwell:

Last edited:
If there are only 2 more ballot characters, sadly, the possibilties are only Wolf and K.Rool or Wolf and other veteran.
I think that Wolf is the only veteran that has a chance. ICs have issues with 3DS, Kojima has left Konami and the whole company has been a mess lately, so I don't think that Snake is likely either, and Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Young Link just aren't popular enough.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Also:
That phrase scares me
In that case the only factor that matters now is popularity :drshrug:
http://nintendoeverything.com/detai...e-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-dlc-characters-planned/
They do know that this is super ironic. Only several more. wtf seriously. That makes no sense logically.

D

Deleted member

If there are only 2 more ballot characters, sadly, the possibilties are only Wolf and K.Rool or Wolf and other veteran.
I doubt that we will get more veterans after Wolf. The other characters face significant problems to the point where I highly doubt them (Squirtle and Ivysaur's lack of major want, Pichu being highly divisive, Ice Climbers and the 3DS, Snake and his issues involving Konami, and Young Link being replaced).
I think that we will get Wolf and some newcomer from the ballot.

Also:
That phrase scares me
1. I dunno what he means by several. Several could be as low as 2 or as much as 5-7. I am unsure.
2. By "fan service," I think that he wants to please the fans as much as possible by bringing in content that the fans want, whether it be characters or stages.

StormC

Smash Hero
7-9 total DLC is my estimation. Hard to say how much of that will be ballot.

BDee is absolutely still plausible at this point. Don't lose heart; I'm neutral to the character but you guys have worked pretty damn hard in spite of "lol he's just a goomba."

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
guys I don't want to spook anyone but last night I had a weird dream it was about Bandana Dee as an upcoming DLC fighter. IDK if this is one of those "seeing the future dreams" (i had a lot of those as of recently ._.) but I can feel it in my bones the Dee will have his chance.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
guys I don't want to spook anyone but last night I had a weird dream it was about Bandana Dee as an upcoming DLC fighter. IDK if this is one of those "seeing the future dreams" (i had a lot of those as of recently ._.) but I can feel it in my bones the Dee will have his chance.
Or, you know, it could be a dream about something you want, which happens all the time.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I made a little list with characters that I put based off research, however after being told several times that Geno's not going to happen, I replaced him with Shantae.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd like to say I think there'd be 7-8 dlc characters, but honestly I am not going to guess on the amount of DLC characters because Sakurai's very unpredictable and always throws me for a loop.:laugh:

I'd also like to go over a problem that I think plagues us, and should be addressed more often until it's fixed.

Bandana Dee's largest threat is Underestimation
: This is a big problem that really ought to be brought to attention. You know part of why King K. Rool and Isaac do so well? It's because they are recognized by people outside of their series fanbase as deserving just as well as the ones inside of their fanbases. Those two don't just ride off of their own fanbases, they've made it known to outsiders of their fanbase that they are deserving, and look how far that carried them! We need to improve our appearance, because you see, as it stands now, while we have extended out a bit, there still are far too many people outside of the Kirby fanbase that don't see us as big enough or deserving enough to get a fourth rep, which is quite fallacious. We clearly need to make it more well known just how large we are, and just how deserving Kirby is of another rep.
We shouldn't be taken as a joke, yet while we usually are seen as a serious contender, sometimes we still are seen as that joke. We clearly have some prestige/image improving to do and we need to make it more well known to outsiders as to why we support Bandana Dee. We've been improving but we need to mitigate this threat if we want to win. Any thoughts on how to tackle this?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I'm going to say we only are gong to have 4 more characters this includes the ballot winner. I don't want to over shot it like i did with the initial roster we had

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Any thoughts on how to tackle this?
I've been mulling over this lately too, but unfortunately I haven't a clue.

For us, the problem is two-fold, and whilst we can improve how we present things and so on, the other part of it is mostly beyond our control, due to how the Kirby series gets viewed by others (as I've said before). It gets downplayed by, for example, the press and those that follow them, and there is a surprisingly widespread belief that Kirby is one of Nintendo's small, obscure franchises, coupled with a belief that some smaller, more obscure franchises are much much bigger than they are. It's so widespread that there are even Kirby fans who have ended up believing it (I was one myself a long time ago, and I remember that it was REALLY eye-opening to learn the truth).

The only thing we can do to tackle that is let our passion for the series always show. This tends to have a ripple effect.

As for improving how we present things, I'm less sure about how to go about that, unfortunately.

Just gonna leave this here.
This is really cool. What's the source?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I've been mulling over this lately too, but unfortunately I haven't a clue.

For us, the problem is two-fold, and whilst we can improve how we present things and so on, the other part of it is mostly beyond our control, due to how the Kirby series gets viewed by others (as I've said before). It gets downplayed by, for example, the press and those that follow them, and there is a surprisingly widespread belief that Kirby is one of Nintendo's small, obscure franchises, coupled with a belief that some smaller, more obscure franchises are much much bigger than they are. It's so widespread that there are even Kirby fans who have ended up believing it (I was one myself a long time ago, and I remember that it was REALLY eye-opening to learn the truth).

The only thing we can do to tackle that is let our passion for the series always show. This tends to have a ripple effect.

As for improving how we present things, I'm less sure about how to go about that, unfortunately.
WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT! It literally makes no sense what so ever and is bull****. Kirby is LITERALLY ONE OF NINTENDO'S BIGGEST FRANCHISES. Its sold around 30 million copies. Why is this belief a thing?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT! It literally makes no sense what so ever and is bull****. Kirby is LITERALLY ONE OF NINTENDO'S BIGGEST FRANCHISES. Its sold around 30 million copies. Why is this belief a thing?
I believe that it's due in part to a strange phenomenon that I've observed over the years, where if something isn't considered "hardcore", it's considered by some to be small, obscure, and not liked or cared about. Look at how the series gets downplayed out there, and you can easily start tracing the origins of that erroneous view.

There are other factors as well, but I would imagine that this is one of the primary ones, if not the primary one.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I believe that it's due in part to a strange phenomenon that I've observed over the years, where if something isn't considered "hardcore", it's considered by some to be small, obscure, and not liked or cared about. Look at how the series gets downplayed out there, and you can easily start tracing the origins of that erroneous view.

There are other factors as well, but I would imagine that this is one of the primary ones, if not the primary one.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Super Mario Bros. is Nintendo's biggest franchise. Its not hardcore or edgy.
Ah, with you! :laugh: I would say that's debatable, personally, but I absolutely get where you're coming from.

As for Kirby, anyone who proclaims he's not hardcore has clearly never encountered The True Arena and its like.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That's not debatable. Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise. He's one of if not the most recognizable video game character and his series is the best selling out of every single video game franchise.
I meant that Mario not being hardcore is debatable. ;) Sorry for the lack of clarity!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I meant that Mario not being hardcore is debatable. ;) Sorry for the lack of clarity!
Oh, okay.
As for Kirby, anyone who proclaims he's not hardcore has clearly never encountered The True Arena and its like.
More like the minigame in Nightmare in Dreamland with the Bomb pan toss thing and the sword fight quick draw.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You know all this Bandanna Dee negativity is really bumming me out.
If there are only 2 characters left, K.Rool is maybe the only newcomer with a chance.
But if there are like 4 or 5 left, I honestly think Bandana Dee is extremely likely.

I doubt we will have just 2 characters, that's just a waste of potential IMO, specially because we only have one DLC newcomer at the moment.

Smash + DLC = $$$

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
If there are only 2 characters left, K.Rool is maybe the only newcomer with a chance.
But if there are like 4 or 5 left, I honestly think Bandana Dee is extremely likely.

I doubt we will have just 2 characters, that's just a waste of potential IMO, specially because we only have one DLC newcomer at the moment.

Smash + DLC = $$$
>.> not helping.

Top Bottom