• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So Kimishima announced that there will be a Direct sometime in November or December, he said "by the end of the year". He also said that the Direct format will change for 2016.

Well at least we got some Nintendo news.

:079:
Not. Excited. For. Another. Format Change!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This place is going to hell with all the images.

I think I'll just post this here since this was where all the activity BDee related seem to have been...

Chandeelure Chandeelure Please let me know which BDee thread we are supposed to use, cuz right now there are like 3 of them and people seem to use this one still.
That's amazing! Incredible work, man! :bee:

Wow, I didn't expect Shovel Knight but I wasn't expecting him to be flat out deconfirmed this early in. So this counts as news, right, then technically we got Smash news this October, even if it wasn't much, and at this point I'm grateful for even this small tidbit of info.
This article is quoting old Twitter information. The quote provided was made about the Amiibo being a Smash one.

Furret24

Smash Master
Repost From the Bandana Dee Group:

"It's that time of the week again.

Sorry if this one was a little subpar compared to the rest. I kind of winged it since I forgot about Waddle Wednesday.

In other news, i'm going to be changing my Kirby Fanart thread to one where I will hold all of my Waddle Wednesday art put here. If there's any art you saw in a previous Waddle Wednesday, but don't want to go through the trouble of finding, fret no more. They'll all be easily accessible soon (it will take a bit to get all of he art from previous weeks though)."

Due to the character support threads being locked in a few days, this will be the last Waddle Wednesday on this thread. If you want to see more, go to the Bandana Dee Social Group.
So after Halloween, I think I may change my pic to my waifu...

I love Buttercup!!!
Ms. Game and Watch is best waifu though.

:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it okay if I post something completely irrelevant to this thread?

somebody tell me what's going on here...
This place is going to hell with all the images.

I think I'll just post this here since this was where all the activity BDee related seem to have been...

Chandeelure Chandeelure Please let me know which BDee thread we are supposed to use, cuz right now there are like 3 of them and people seem to use this one still.
WOW THAT'S INCREDIBLE! SOMEBODY GIVE HIM A MEDAL!

EDIT: For the thread thing It would be a good idea to stick to all of them.
sometimes one is more active than the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

EDIT: For the thread thing It would be a good idea to stick to all of them.
sometimes one is more active than the other.

xD Maybe more than just one would be better.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Your really talented, I honestly thought that was real when I saw the model, even if it was just for a few seconds since I noticed it was on your channel and not Nintendo's, seriously, you almost managed to give me a heart attack with that :laugh:.
Holy Hell, that was insane.
That's amazing! Incredible work, man! :bee:

Wow. I'm really flattered. I'm sorry for the late replies, but thanks you guys, sorry if I gave any heart attacks with that, I just wanted to do something for you all, something special, for being great people, Chandeelure Chandeelure mainly for really bringing us all here. :)

I have made a Splash Card of BDee as well, and a separate render, but I'll have to post the render later.

BDeeSplash.png

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wow. I'm really flattered. I'm sorry for the late replies, but thanks you guys, sorry if I gave any heart attacks with that, I just wanted to do something for you all, something special, for being great people, Chandeelure Chandeelure mainly for really bringing us all here. :)

I have made a Splash Card of BDee as well, and a separate render, but I'll have to post the render later.

Well, I don't really know, this one probably, because it will be locked in 2 or 3 more days.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It looks damn near official. Truly brilliant. :grin:
=U= Aww, thank you, but it's nothing... I just rigged the model of Dee I improved a bit and just made a pose that felt good for something Smash Bros like, that's all. xD I'm just glad people liked it, I made it all for you guys, you're all the best~! :3

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey, speaking of artwork, guys, Nintendo showed this slide at their investor meeting today. Is that new Kirby artwork, there, or is it re-used from somewhere?

I ask because people are speculating that the Link artwork has been re-done for the rumoured Twilight Princess HD remake, and I don't recognise this Kirby piece right off the bat.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey, speaking of artwork, guys, Nintendo showed this slide at their investor meeting today. Is that new Kirby artwork, there, or is it re-used from somewhere?

I ask because people are speculating that the Link artwork has been re-done for the rumoured Twilight Princess HD remake, and I don't recognise this Kirby piece right off the bat.
I guess I should post this in response to Link.

But as for Kirby... Imo, I think I'm sure I've seen it before, but then again, I could be mistaken. But I think I've seen something quite similar when it comes to it, like it was apart of a render with BDee involved as well or something.

EDIT: Imo, I think it's from this one.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
But *** for Kirby... Imo, I think I'm sure I've seen it before, but then again, I could be mistaken. But I think I've seen something quite similar when it comes to it, like it was apart of a render with BDee involved as well or something.

Fantastic eye! :grin: Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, it's nice to see Kirby included alongside all of the others, as he should be. :)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Fantastic eye! :grin: Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, it's nice to see Kirby included alongside all of the others, as he should be. :)
xD Hehe, well, the Kirby series is like one of Nintendo's biggest series, next to the big 3; Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. I don't think they'd ever forget the character of the great man behind Smash Bros itself, he's gave Nintendo a lot of revenue in the sales department and all.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
xD Hehe, well, the Kirby series is like one of Nintendo's biggest series, next to the big 3; Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. I don't think they'd ever forget the character of the great man behind Smash Bros itself, he's gave Nintendo a lot of revenue in the sales department and all.
Haha, you're preaching to the choir, here. :)

I'm happy to see it because of, effectively, the press who constantly downplay it. When they do this in investor meetings, it's right there and, though subtle, it won't go unnoticed. :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know, kind of ironic that you're saying this, and Pikachu isn't in that pic.:p

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Because Game Freak is Pokemon's overprotective parents.
Game Freak is really laid-back about it. I suspect that you mean The Pokemon Company International - the entity responsible for the Pokemon franchise's brand-management, who are really funny about crossovers and the like. ;)

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Game Freak is really laid-back about it. I suspect that you mean The Pokemon Company International - the entity responsible for the Pokemon franchise's brand-management, who are really funny about crossovers and the like. ;)
Well, whoever decided to not put Pokemon costumes in Wooly World and not give the Mystery Mushroom costumes in Mario Maker sound effects.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, whoever decided to not put Pokemon costumes in Wooly World and not give the Mystery Mushroom costumes in Mario Maker sound effects.
Yeah, that'd be TPCI... :(

I cannot fathom those decisions, honestly. The Yoshi's Woolly World issue contributes to making the Pokemon Amiibo look borderline useless because so few games are allowed to fully support them, and the matter of Super Mario Maker does nothing to protect their brand because it actually ends up making it look sloppy when put next to all of the other Mystery Mushroom costumes, which all have an exceptional level of attention-to-detail.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I ran out of material, so it's back to this older pic for a while.

Most of the mystery mushroom costumes look kinda sloppy to me (G&W and Dark Pit's death sounds or a good chunk of costumes).

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
I'm still mad that the only thing the costumes do is make you super Mario in the size of not-super Mario. No luigi jumps, no peach floating, no anything for sonic, et cetera, et cetera.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm still mad that the only thing the costumes do is make you super Mario in the size of not-super Mario. No luigi jumps, no peach floating, no anything for sonic, et cetera, et cetera.
It's that way on purpose, though, since courses have to be completable across all styles as Mario himself, not to mention that it would be an absolute nightmare to bug-test and so on. ;)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I guess I should post this in response to Link.

But *** for Kirby... Imo, I think I'm sure I've seen it before, but then again, I could be mistaken. But I think I've seen something quite similar when it comes to it, like it was apart of a render with BDee involved as well or something.

Well, at least I saw what Midna would look in HD thanks to HW, but I hope they don't take her and Link's adorableness away because of it.

Nintendo must be careful if they don't want to suffer my wrath.

And well, it would be AMAZING if they at least made Kirby and the Crystal Shards HD at least.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, at least I saw what Midna would look in HD thanks to HW, but I hope they don't take her and Link's adorableness away because of it.

Nintendo must be careful if they don't want to suffer my wrath.

And well, it would be AMAZING if they at least made Kirby and the Crystal Shards HD at least.
I would really like a HD remake of that game, that's a great idea. And maybe a Air Ride 2.

And well, I hope for the same as well for TP. I guess we'll have to see.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Ok. Thanks, Chandy. :3

And here's the render of BDee for you all.
View attachment 80462
Don't call it Smashified, that's an insult to this art, because it's better than Smashified could ever do.

I honestly don't think Bandana Dee will get a Smashified Render because by the time they decide to make him, he'll have an amiibo. Fire Emblem Fates will be available worldwide before Smashified decides to Smashify the Dee.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
  • I love the art and all but don't lie this is a RTDL render vs either a hand drawn picture or new 3D render and I still believe Smashified can do better however since Smashified is pretending we don't exist this is the 2nd best we got
But seriously nice almost fooled me

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Kirby 64 HD would be one of the few Wii U games that would make me hype.
The only Wii U games I have are Smash and Mario 3D World, the others are a bunch of free games (Mario U, Luigi U, Nintendoland, etc.)
Not even Mario Kart 8 or Mario Maker, I think I will buy Mario Maker for Christmas.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Kirby 64 HD would be one of the few Wii U games that would make me hype.
The only Wii U games I have are Smash and Mario 3D World, the others are a bunch of free games (Mario U, Luigi U, Nintendoland, etc.)
Not even Mario Kart 8 or Mario Maker, I think I will buy Mario Maker for Christmas.
I'd love to have a Kirby Air Ride sequel/successor, but with many more characters playable this time (including our bandana wearing hero). Sadly, since Kirby Air Ride didn't do well, Kirby Air Ride 2 is just a fan's dream... :<

(Darn it, Air Ride was my favourite Kirby game ;~; )

Edit: Darn it Smashboards, messing up my post with a winking emoticon XD.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hmmm... I don't know if I'm right, but that doesn't look like the same artwork IMO:

ObvZnFq.jpg

The face is different, I think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom