• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Pretty sure it's PR talk.Nintendo doesn't do DLC much and a good chuck of people hate dlc because they hate the idea of content being cut for more money.I'm sure there's more dlc along the way but sakurai doesn't want to say it to avoid pissing those people off.Which makes sense...in a sense

D

Deleted member

Because Sakurai would totally announce that he is working/planning on more DLC characters, and he never changes his mind. I do believe there will be more DLC than Mewtwo and the Miiverse Stage since it just seems… just a bit on the not a lot side for how much it costs to create. Oh yeah, he also said in that article that he didn't want to tick consumers off with DLC when so far it seems like Mewtwo is only available if you spend $40/60 extra on a game you probably won't play as much as the other.
Anyway, that Lor Starcutter trophy makes me think we might get a Lor Starcutter stage as DLC for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Nah, Sakurai love to troll us.

Believe me,
You don't trust Sakurai.
You can't predict Sakurai decision.

Seriusly, he LOVE to hide us some stuff. Even he show everything when everyone KNOW 2 weeks ago. This Man is UNPREDICTABLE.
Is smash 4 grow bigger, he can decide what to add more.

After all Mewtwo is not the ONLY DLC. People found unused Arrows that represents Page 1 and Page 2 in the 3DS Character select screen AND Stage select screen.

(No one remember when Sakurai said this words 'No clones in Smash 4'.)

BY THE WAY. I love how Metaknight is buffed. Im starting to use ALL the kirby characters again, is my Bandana dee was here... We need the GANG to unite Up.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Didn't they say at one point that they weren't going to do DLC for Mario Kart 8, either?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
No new posts? :c

Oh well. I'm going to be at a tournament for the game tonight and I'll be getting it at midnight release.

If someone finds Bandana Dee's trophy, make sure to post it! I also just realized they can't call him simply "Waddle Dee" because that's already being used for the regular Waddle Dee trophy. :laugh:

And sorry for double posting.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
GUESS WHO IS GOING TO THE MIDNIGHT RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend pre-ordered me a kirby amiibo too, so all my problems have been solved.

still no sign of bd trophy though. Lor Starcutter's text is still suspicious, even though all stages have been revealed.

It is not to hide spoilers. no other trophy hides spoilers.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
GUESS WHO IS GOING TO THE MIDNIGHT RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend pre-ordered me a kirby amiibo too, so all my problems have been solved.

still no sign of bd trophy though. Lor Starcutter's text is still suspicious, even though all stages have been revealed.

It is not to hide spoilers. no other trophy hides spoilers.
LOOOOK WHO GONNA HAVE IT TOO TODAY IN 9:00PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gonna find DEE at all cost when.

When I get lot of smash coin and SPAM Trophy hoard minigames, is the astest way to collect trophy. Not matter how many collect, 1 of them is new.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Cogratulations guys, I personally will not have the game soon.
I will probably have it in like 2 weeks or something like that XD

But, yeah! Please try to find everything we don't know about Bandana Dee and Kirby in general! :D

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Actually, getting a mention is good.

Better than no mention at all!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Can't get Smash U and the Kirby Amiibo until Christmas. :c
Oh well, I'm getting Alpha Sapphire tomorrow instead, so that should hold me down.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I getting Smash on flipping Christmas because I ain't have no money.:estatic:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I still can't believe Sakurai didn't add a Return to Dreamland Stage...and no C-R-O-W-N-E-D?! Seriously?!

Oh, no! The salt is real again! XD

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Sakurai is so bias, he must really hate HAL or something. I'm not sure if it's just biasness, I'm curious if he doesn't like what they did with Kirby.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The Kirby trophies are always the same in Smash:

Some Kirby abilities, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Gordo, Bronto Burt, Sir Kibble, Buggzy, Bonkers.

The End.

I'm actually surprised about the Lor Starcutter trophy, but that's obviously not enough.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If he really didn't like the new kirby, why did he mention the new games at all?
It's strange that Sakurai could ignore some of the best developments in the series he developed himself. Like a gardener, he planted a seed that grew into a beautiful bud. Seeing his job done, he handed his job over to new gardeners, who made the flower grow into something brand new, yet the real gardener never came back to see how his beloved flower has grown. Characters like Magolor and Bandanna Dee have really taken a new step for the character development in the Kirby series, and they should be credited.

As I mentioned before, Bandanna Dee is extremely easy to make: You just take a pre-existing model of a Smash Run enemy, create a character class for it, resize the model and add a bandanna model and texture it, add in a spear made of wooden textures and take a glance at Kirby Return to Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure Wii and bam! Bandanna DeeLC, at your service!

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
The Kirby trophies are always the same in Smash:

Some Kirby abilities, Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, Gordo, Bronto Burt, Sir Kibble, Buggzy, Bonkers.

The End.

I'm actually surprised about the Lor Starcutter trophy, but that's obviously not enough.
Don't forget apples, spicy curry, maxim tomato, and the bomb guy who gives you crash which I somehow forgot it's name

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's better to wait for seven months than to wait for six to seven years for the next game.
Yeah, you are right Brawler XD

Don't forget apples, spicy curry, maxim tomato, and the bomb guy who gives you crash which I somehow forgot it's name
I really want trophies of Bandana Dee, Magolor and Phan Phan...because...Phan Phan

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Kirby got thrown in the trash by Sakurai a bit in this game. I'm not really sure how I feel about the content being mostly super star related.

Would have preferred kirby newcomer over palutena any day.

EDIT: going to midnight release, see you guys later.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Sakurai doesn't hate Kirby but doesn't seem interested in Kirby games after Air Ride, PERIOD. The new games ONLY get mentioned in small bits like the Trophies and a few songs. That's it. Not part of the interactive CORE game experience. No new levels from modern games, no new assist trophies, no new characters.

Imagine if the Mario content, all levels and trophies were based on the Mario games from the NES/SNES... no Galaxy Stage, no Rosalina, no NSMB mention. It'd be ****ed right?

Well that's how I feel he's treated the Kirby franchise in the new Smash Brothers. It's been OVER 10 years since Air Ride and NON of ALLLLLLLL THOSE LATER GAMES, were able to inspire him to add a current trophy or stage. NOTHING.

Kirby Fighters is a more loving ode to Kirby fans than Sakurai's own nods to the franchise. HIS CHARACTER.

I am CONVINCED, he's doing this on purpose. If this were any of the other big franchises, people would be screaming.

At this point I'm feeling convinced we won't even see a trophy for BDee or DLC. I'd like to be wrong.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sakurai doesn't hate Kirby but doesn't seem interested in Kirby games after Air Ride, PERIOD. The new games ONLY get mentioned in small bits like the Trophies and a few songs. That's it. Not part of the interactive CORE game experience. No new levels from modern games, no new assist trophies, no new characters.

Imagine if the Mario content, all levels and trophies were based on the Mario games from the NES/SNES... no Galaxy Stage, no Rosalina, no NSMB mention. It'd be ****ed right?

Well that's how I feel he's treated the Kirby franchise in the new Smash Brothers. It's been OVER 10 years since Air Ride and NON of ALL THOSE LATER GAMES, were able to inspire him to add a current trophy or stage. NOTHING.

Kirby Fighters is a more loving ode to Kirby fans than Sakurai's own nods to the franchise. HIS CHARACTER.

I am CONVINCED, he's doing this on purpose. If this were any of the other big franchises, people would be screaming.
Hence Bandanna Dee would be a great example for a newcomer for the Kirby franchise in Super Smash Bros, he's great for the Kirby series as he is a mix of both the classic Kirby games (since Waddle Dee's long history with the Kirby series, he's just as old as Kirby:4kirby: and King Dedede:4dedede: with Meta Knight being the youngest of the Kirby characters so far at the moment:4metaknight:) and the recent Kirby games and the recent Copy Abilities. Kirby is the Jack of all trades, King Dedede represent the Hammer copy ability to an extent, and Meta Knight represents the Sword copy ability to an extent as well. But with the Kirby series being an established franchise with more new faces and copy abilities being embraced by the series, like Spear. These should be represented as what the Kirby series is, a constantly evolving franchise, hence the flower metaphor.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Hence Bandanna Dee would be a great example for a newcomer for the Kirby franchise in Super Smash Bros, he's great for the Kirby series as he is a mix of both the classic Kirby games (since Waddle Dee's long history with the Kirby series, he's just as old as Kirby:4kirby: and King Dedede:4dedede: with Meta Knight being the youngest of the Kirby characters so far at the moment:4metaknight:) and the recent Kirby games and the recent Copy Abilities. Kirby is the Jack of all trades, King Dedede represent the Hammer copy ability to an extent, and Meta Knight represents the Sword copy ability to an extent as well. But with the Kirby series being an established franchise with more new faces and copy abilities being embraced by the series, like Spear. These should be represented as what the Kirby series is, a constantly evolving franchise, hence the flower metaphor.
Yup, too bad Sakurai couldn't care. There's been a lot of things SINCE Air Ride that could have inspired new content in Smash. Canvas Curse was an amazing DS title and super inventive. It's final boss, Drawcia, could have made a great assist trophy using her paintbrush to draw hazards, also the painted world could have made for a cool stage, If not Canvas Curse Why not the Squeaks from Squak Squad? How about Return to Dreamland being the BIG and latest console release of a traditional Kirby game. Having a cool Lor Cutter Stage through the Galaxy? Mass Attack was very different and could have also inspired a stage on the hand held version of smash where maybe the tiny Kirbys could be running around in the back, taking down giant enemies? We have Triple Deluxe that just came out on the 3DS which would have given us GREAT Stage ideas, Amazing Mirror also would have inspired a great stage where maybe the Mirror could have summoned shadow forms. We have the new Rainbow Curse coming out.... We have new Characters like Taranza, Magolor, and Bandana Dee that could have also made appearance in SOME FORM.

I mean people get where I'm going with this. Mentioning ALL these new games and settings and characters from Kirby games BEYOND Air Ride.

ALL THIS ignored. Nothing. Not a single influence on smash.

Yet DK has a new and deserved stage from DK Returns, Pokemon got their Mega Evolutions added, Fire Emblem got Awakening characters joining, etc.

I mean all these franchises have things going on and getting added... Kirby has been having things going on for AWHILE and nothing added.

We get an Assist Trophy of Nightmare (Adventure), we get a Dreamland Stage, and we get a Super Star Stage. Than we have Smash Run.

Dreamland, Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride. These are specifically the 4 Kirby games in the WHOLE Kirby franchise that Sakurai HIMSELF directed. No games he didn't direct, got content.

That's telling.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Yup, too bad Sakurai couldn't care. There's been a lot of things SINCE Air Ride that could have inspired new content in Smash. Canvas Curse was an amazing DS title and super inventive. It's final boss, Drawcia, could have made a great assist trophy using her paintbrush do draw hazards, also the painted world could have made for a cool stage, If not Canvas Curse Why not the Squeaks from Squak Squad? How about Return to Dreamland being the BIG and latest console release of a traditional Kirby game. Having a cool Lor Cutter Stage through the Galaxy? Mass Attack was very different and could have also inspired a stage on the hand held version of smash where maybe the tiny Kirbys could be running around in the back, taking down giant enemies? We have Triple Deluxe that just came out on the 3DS which would have given us GREAT Stage ideas, Amazing Mirror also would have inspired a great stage where maybe the Mirror could have summoned shadow forms. We have the new Rainbow Curse coming out.... We have new Characters like Taranza, Magolor, and Bandana Dee that could have also made appearance in SOME FORM.

I mean people get where I'm going with this. Mentioning ALL these new games and settings and characters from Kirby games BEYOND Air Ride.

ALL THIS ignored. Nothing. Not a single influence on smash.

Yet DK has a new and deserved stage from DK Returns, Pokemon got their Mega Evolutions added, Fire Emblem got Awakening characters joining, etc.

I mean all these franchises have things going on and getting added... Kirby has been having things going on for AWHILE and nothing added.
I think all the Support threads should take and learn something from the Kremling Kampaign - The Strength of the fans through movements. For us, we should design a Bandanna Brigade movement to contact Nintendo how much we care about the Kirby series and that we would love to see some brand new Kirby content in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think all the Support threads should take and learn something from the Kremling Kampaign - The Strength of the fans through movements. For us, we should design a Bandanna Brigade movement to contact Nintendo how much we care about the Kirby series and that we would love to see some brand new Kirby content in Smash Bros.
I don't know that any of that has any effect. Ridley is such a HIGHLY requested character, and many have banded to demand he be in Smash. It didn't happen. Smash isn't influenced by popular demand. Characters like Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, or Wii Fit Trainer didn't have the demand that the most wanted characters like K Kool or Chrom had. Sakurai picks and does whatever he wants. He adds characters based on his own design interests. People banding together to demand something may not do a darn thing.

Folks have my support but I am truly pessimistic about the idea.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I don't know that any of that has any effect. Ridley is such a HIGHLY requested character, and many have banded to demand he be in Smash. It didn't happen. Smash isn't influenced by popular demand. Characters like Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr, or Wii Fit Trainer didn't have the demand that the most wanted characters like K Kool or Chrom had. Sakurai picks and does whatever he wants. He adds characters based on his own design interests. People banding together to demand something may not do a darn thing.

Folks have my support but I am truly pessimistic about the idea.
Bowser Jr had a lot of requests actually. I'm not sure where exactly you're getting your info but I can promise you that neither Duck Hunt nor WFT had nearly as much demand as Bj did.

As for Bandana Dee, I don't know much about the character. I've only played one actual Kirby game and that was on the NES. But personally I'd love to see him in the game. I like supporting characters and such, I like spear wielders, and adding a new character to the game is almost always a good thing. I dunno entirely how likely it is that he'd be added (I'd say less likely than Wolf or Dixie but more likely than Vaati or Conker) but I'd certainly look forward to trying him.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr had a lot of requests actually. I'm not sure where exactly you're getting your info but I can promise you that neither Duck Hunt nor WFT had nearly as much demand as Bj did.

As for Bandana Dee, I don't know much about the character. I've only played one actual Kirby game and that was on the NES. But personally I'd love to see him in the game. I like supporting characters and such, I like spear wielders, and adding a new character to the game is almost always a good thing. I dunno entirely how likely it is that he'd be added (I'd say less likely than Wolf or Dixie but more likely than Vaati or Conker) but I'd certainly look forward to trying him.
I figured he may have been relatively desired by maybe not as high as say Ridley or K Kool. I may be wrong and maybe he's just as heavily demanded as either of them. We thank your support. A spear wielder would awesome, I agree.

Last edited:
Top Bottom